Cerry head baby died for no reason sons very upset - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum

Notices

Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum This forum is for the purpose of discussing any topics concerning the turtles and tortoises of the world.

Old 07-29-2014, 04:03 PM   #1
rebmassor
Cerry head baby died for no reason sons very upset

I found my 6 yrs old sons cherry head red foot last night by food dish dead she was very bloated she was about 4 months old when I got her she still had signs of her yolk sack on bottom of her shell. Shes been active and been gaining weight I weigh them every week. I just spryed her in the morning and found her at night she was fine in morning. My son is very upset and don't want this to happen to my other sons tort that is in same cage. I use sphagnum moss for the cage and feed them daily a diff mix of things and calcium once a week. and keep one side of cage moist and other dry and they have a heat light that keeps them around 90-92 I have temp gun to keep track of temps. I take them outside a couple times a week for them to get sun. I just want to find out what could of caused this cause there was no signs of anything. Any help will be helpful, and if there is anyone who knows anyone with any cherryheads for cheap cause I don't have a lot now would be apperchated too to replace his tort he loves them and is very sad he lost his baby he always helped feed them and everything. Color doesn't matter as long as it aint too much Thanks for looking Name:  cherryhead1.JPG
Views: 111
Size:  77.9 KB

Name:  cherryhead2.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  159.1 KB

Name:  cherry 3.JPG
Views: 108
Size:  136.4 KB

Old 07-29-2014, 04:38 PM   #2
AbsoluteApril
Awww I'm so sorry about your son's tort. I don't have any ideas to offer for why it died though, hopefully someone with more knowledge will come along and can maybe offer some ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebmassor View Post
if there is anyone who knows anyone with any cherryheads for cheap cause I don't have a lot now would be apperchated too to replace his tort he loves them and is very sad he lost his baby
Please post a "Wanted" ad in the turtle/tort classifieds area, located here: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...splay.php?f=54
it's free to do so. Solisiting or talking about sales isn't allowed in the discussion area. thank you

Old 07-29-2014, 07:54 PM   #3
Lucille
Sorry for your loss Perhaps it might be good to try to understand what happened before getting another.

Old 08-10-2014, 01:16 AM   #4
allesuberschildkroten
rebmassor

Any number of things could have killed it... Was the other tort in the enclosure the same species??? It is not good to mix diff species of torts in a small enclosure like that. Some will say its ok, but it's not. There is a chance they can make each other sick. I have lost a tortoise this way, as well as a friend of mine. I suggest not keeping diff species together....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!