A good guy in the reptile business is Ben Siegel - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-28-2006, 07:52 PM   #31
BenSiegelReptiles
thanks

Thanks to all who posted. Things like this tend to really get me upset, just because we do go out of the way to make our customers happy, and even in this case we tried to do right by Greg. I do not doubt him that the male died. I do not think he is lying about this. It was thinner than the female, and both were not feeding. What is upsetting is the fact that greg would rather come on here and post something negative on a nice positive thread then even email me back after i tell him that i will do something for him on a future purchase. Even after i patiently waited for the balance of the original sale, and it was a good long time--even after i offered him longer time because he was going through a hard time--even offering him a male for the $500 deposit, and he still thinks it would be best to come on here and post his bad experience. In reference to the wrong snake, I honestly dont remember this instance, i am sure it was awhile ago, and i am also sure if he was unhappy he would have been told to send the snake back or offered some kind of compensation.
Again thanks to everyone on here who posted.

Old 12-28-2006, 08:37 PM   #32
Winston
Hey Ben Getting some more stuff from ya....I Like what ya got as always when you get them

Later

Winston

Old 12-28-2006, 09:04 PM   #33
Jim O
Ben,

I agree with the others. You don't need to defend yourself. You bent over backwards on this one and your quality and customer service are second to none.

Old 12-29-2006, 12:52 AM   #34
Chameleon Company
Greg and Ben

Normally I don't pay take the time to read a "Good Guy" thread as I expect it to be the normal well-earned patronizing expressed by customers to vendors. Since this one hung-around, and gained posts more quickly than usual "Good Guy" threads, it was obvious something wasn't right.

Greg, it is clear that your situation was unfortunate, an did not meet your expectations. Without getting into the details which I do not know, unless stated in writing prior to the deal, I think you have some expectation of a health guarantee, in this case not that the animal was a healthy feeder, but not that it was on death's doorstep either. As Ben mentioned, he had no inkling of this when he shipped it, and there's no reason not to believe him. There is every reason to believe him. Regardless, unless stated otherwise, you should have had an expectation that it would be healthy enough for you to work with a bit, and it was not, to no one's fault, but to Ben's responsibility. Ben has made an offer of compensation, and all indications are that he is quite good for it. I think there could have been better communications of the parameters of purchase by both parties, but hindsight is 20-20.

The main reason for my post is this, a quote from you Greg stated twice in separate posts:

Quote:
I am not saying that he is a bad guy
Too coy for me. There's many different ways to read your posts, and both overtly and by omission, your words painted Ben as a "Bad Guy" in his dealings with you in all variations. While you may be correct in a "Clintonesque" way, that you did not state it directly, you painted with a "bad guy" brush in no unmistakable terms. You have right to be upset, although it doesn't make Ben to blame. But as you wanted Ben to take more responsibility for the demise of the animal, at least take ownership for your own words here as well. Ben is top notch proven over and over, just not perfect ....... yet

Old 12-29-2006, 06:42 AM   #35
varnyard
Well, I will tell everyone this!! I have dealt with Ben Siegel many times, both as a seller and a buyer. I have never had any problems at all in any of our transactions.
I will deal with him again without a second thought. Ben will continue to be a good guy in my book, IMO, he is one of the best in the business. Nice animals, fast shipping, great prices and very helpful.

Maybe a little slow to leave a trader rating , but far from a bad guy.

Ben, keep up the great work. I will not hesitate to deal with you, or refer others to you for a great transaction.

I also had the pleasure of meeting him in Daytona, all of his animals there were just awesome as well. I will see him there again this season, I just got to remember to bring more cash.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!