A deal gone wrong with Mike Plank at, B.G.R. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-30-2006, 10:48 PM   #1
Joe at PHR
A deal gone wrong with Mike Plank at, B.G.R.

I want to start with these two e-mails!

Mike,
I misread the letter and thought you were agreeing to sell me another 5. I really want to get 20 total from you and fill the rack so please put me down on your list for 10 more. I will take them whenever you can get them to me. I figure I should set it up now because it may take untill the end of next year to get them all. I just want to get a nice group of them and be done with it.
As I stated before noone is really even going to know I have them and I am not going to resell them. I just want a nice group of them to dink around with. I figure 20 fills the rack and is a great number to start with and if I am really long in males I still will have a nice ratio of females. Let me know and I will talk to you later. I will also email you when I am going to send your next 2500 . Thanks again for everything and if you ever need anything please don't heitate to ask.

Joe at MKR

info@bgr.cc wrote:
Hi Joe,

I received the payment...thank you! I will let you know a few weeks before they are ready. I will most likely be able to get you 0.0.5 before the end of this year and maybe the other 0.0.5 early next year. Either way, I'll keep you informed as to the progress. Talk to you soon.

Regards,
Michael, BGR
www.bgr.cc

Hello everyone this Joe Capone with MKR. I am sorry that I have to write this letter but this could save everyone in the gecko industry a lot of grief. We all know how animals are sometimes paid for in advance. Now me personally I sold $750,000.00 in 15 weeks and all this is claimed for and I welcome any agency to look at my records. I engaged in a business deal with Mr. Plank to purchase 20 N. Amyae at $500.00 a piece. He has been pre paid in total for over 9 months. Now if you read the attached e-mail he says I am supposed to have 10 N.amyae by the beginning of this year, which I have not received a single one of them. He also said he would keep in touch with me, as you can see. I have yet to receive a phone call or e-mail since the last payment was made. I am only going to attach one part of this whole deal. I feel bad because the guy has changed his e-mail and phone number and I cannot get a hold of him. However, I do believe that since I am the consumer he should be the one getting a hold of me, right? Doesn’t anyone smell a rat here like I do? This is ridiculous. Now, I have to go through Derek Wong who is another industry leader and is completely appalled by all of this. Derek stated that the last time he spoke to Mike about this Mike stated “I am having a bad year with amyae and I am just going to give Joe his money back.” So, Mike, what about that money? I haven’t seen a dime of it, received a phone call or e-mail from you stating when I should expect my money returned.

Do you think it is right to take 10,000.00 dollars and not hold up on his end of the deal? Dose he honestly think for a minute that he could just rob me of 10,000.00 and get away with it? Know one is going to do that to Joe Capone, which this should also never happen to any consumer! This is horrifying!

In this attached e-mail he is admitting he has taken $2,500.00 from me. I have all the other e-mails admitting he accepted the full amount of the purchase price agreed on. My corporate attorney has everything else along with postal receipts, signatures and e-mails confirmations of amounts of money like the $2,500.00 here. I am through working at Mr. Planks speed. I now want $11,000.00 total back immediately, 1000 for holding my money for so long with nothing in return. I am sure all of you will understand this. No one is going to screw Joe Capone for 10,000 and get away with it. If this is not resolved I can assure you it will be featured on my next T.V. show but, this is the least of everyone’s worries involved or not involved in this situation. I think it is very selfish of someone to put an industry, fellow competitors and your own customers at risk to the obvious exposure that is going on here.

Now, I am demanding $11,000.00 back and this going to affect people who do not do proper business in the gecko industry. Everyone knows where I am going with this. My attorney is handling this and this is all in Mr. Plank’s hands now. If I have not been contacted by Mr. Plank by Sunday evening my attorney is attacking this on many different levels. Mike please, do us all a favor and just do the right thing. Pay me what you owe me plus the $1000.00 for holding my money for all that time and not receiving anything in return. I would be embarrassed if I were you right now and ashamed of my business practices. The problem is he is going to draw unnecessary attention to other people if I am not paid. I am not coming down on a market and charging for protection. I have been wronged here. I am also an industry leader and the largest ball python morph breeder in the world. If I conducted business like this I would not be able sell a single snake. So, you can all send him fan mail. He has until Sunday evening to confirm a full refund or Monday morning me and my attorney will be moving in full motion. Mike its time to do the right thing and pay me and save us all these unnecessary actions.

Joe Capone
MKR

Old 09-30-2006, 11:00 PM   #2
Power House Reptiles
This is completely unbelievable!
We had actually contacted him about wanting some geckos and luckly he never got back with us on a deal we wanted to make with him. We are good friends with Joe. we know and knew about all this because we sent him to Mike. Now, we feel horrible about this. Joe, I hope you get it all back! Good Luck and if we can help in any way please let us know!

clarksgeckos

Old 10-01-2006, 12:09 AM   #3
SteveHiss
Joe, it is not right that you prepaid $10,000 and have not received any animals or communication from Plank.

Can you post dates on both of the above emails? Also, can you clarify something? In your email above you wrote:

Quote:
As I stated before noone is really even going to know I have them and I am not going to resell them.
How is it then that I knew you had them and were offering some of the geckos for sale several months ago. Before you actually had them? I'm confused.

Old 10-01-2006, 12:17 AM   #4
Joe at PHR
My attorney has all the dates and stuff. But I prepaid his price way in advance for 20 Amaye. Now he is fallen off the face of the earth. Now I want my 11k or else he will see what I am talking about. This isn't right and I can't let someone get away with something like this. This is totally inappropriate and now I wouldn't buy a gecko from Mr. plank if he were the last man alive with them period after this horiffying experience. Industry leader please.

Joe at MKR

Old 10-01-2006, 12:37 AM   #5
Joe at PHR
Steve,
I have never sold a gecko in my life yet... But I am amassing a huge collection.. If anybody will come through with my prepaid deals. No Mr. Plank is the only problem and that is a surprise. He is supposed to be like us on top. We make it easy to purchase and fun not like this.

Joe at MKR

Old 10-01-2006, 12:49 AM   #6
SteveHiss
Well i hope you get this resolved soon. good luck.

Old 10-01-2006, 12:57 AM   #7
Ed Clark
Joe, i find it very hard to believe that your looking for sympathy and some kind of help here. are you next going to try to destroy the gecko world?

Old 10-01-2006, 12:59 AM   #8
Ed Clark
or was it just to brag about the 3/4 million that you made in 15 weeks?

Old 10-01-2006, 01:07 AM   #9
Joe at PHR
Sounds like you have money issues. I sell ubnrare snakes cheap and mass produce. If they were that rare I couldn't do it. We made close to 40 bees this year. real rare. 3 lucy today in one clutch. I am giving the cheap stuff to the people. I get more for the rare stuff period. This isn't about that though but the 3/4 really isn't enough. I want 1 million in 20 days and it will happen. Watch the show and maybe you will get the drift on unrare codoms but thatis the last psot on snakes for this thread. this is about a guy who took 10k and is not delivering. I don't care if it to who ever. Adeal is a deal. Sympathy please. Id on't need sympathy. this is exposure so it won't happen to some one else. How owuld you like to pre pay 10k for something and not get anything? I bet great. If you don't like me. Never met you oh well.

Joe at MKR

Old 10-01-2006, 01:13 AM   #10
Joe at PHR
Ed I am not bragging. I believe in putting numbers up like posting grades. You know I was a chevy dealer and everyone was ranked by guess who GM on volume. I like numbers. I am the largest ball morph producer in the world. Get over it. I put 15 super females away alone this year will hatch 5 more out. I have a huge collection. That is it on snakes any more psots will my reply will be not baiting me period.

Joe at mKR

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!