A deal gone wrong with Mike Plank at, B.G.R. - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-01-2006, 04:06 PM   #71
SteveHiss
Quote:
You make me want to get into the geck business and take care of buisiness...
What's that supposed to mean?

Old 10-01-2006, 04:16 PM   #72
Joe at PHR
When I see people coducting themselves in a nonprofessional and trying to screw the public it pisses me off. Guess what I can do something about and I do. Cheaper becasue of Joe at MKR getting of rid the middle men and cheaper snakes for the consumers. I am hero to 98% of the snake buyers. You can have the 2% that wants to pay to much.

Joe at MKR

Old 10-01-2006, 04:17 PM   #73
Dennis Hultman
Going back to the topic at hand. Two emails have been posted with no headers and no dates. Please provide a little more information.

In one of the emails Mike states-

Quote:
Hi Joe,

I received the payment...thank you! I will let you know a few weeks before they are ready. I will most likely be able to get you 0.0.5 before the end of this year and maybe the other 0.0.5 early next year. Either way, I'll keep you informed as to the progress. Talk to you soon.
You then wrote-
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCaponeIII
I engaged in a business deal with Mr. Plank to purchase 20 N. Amyae at $500.00 a piece. He has been pre paid in total for over 9 months. Now if you read the attached e-mail he says I am supposed to have 10 N.amyae by the beginning of this year, which I have not received a single one of them. He also said he would keep in touch with me, as you can see. I have yet to receive a phone call or e-mail since the last payment was made. I am only going to attach one part of this whole deal. I feel bad because the guy has changed his e-mail and phone number and I cannot get a hold of him. However, I do believe that since I am the consumer he should be the one getting a hold of me, right? Doesn’t anyone smell a rat here like I do?
According to the letter you put forth, you misread his letter. Do you have any more correspondence sent AFTER you wrote that letter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCaponeIII
Mike,
I misread the letter and thought you were agreeing to sell me another 5. I really want to get 20 total from you and fill the rack so please put me down on your list for 10 more. I will take them whenever you can get them to me. I figure I should set it up now because it may take untill the end of next year to get them all. I just want to get a nice group of them and be done with it.
As I stated before noone is really even going to know I have them and I am not going to resell them. I just want a nice group of them to dink around with. I figure 20 fills the rack and is a great number to start with and if I am really long in males I still will have a nice ratio of females. Let me know and I will talk to you later. I will also email you when I am going to send your next 2500 . Thanks again for everything and if you ever need anything please don't heitate to ask.

Joe at MKR
I not meaning this in a derogatory way but you have supplied No evidence. Not even dates have been provided here. Joe, if you been scammed, show your evidence here.
When was the last time you had contact with him?

Old 10-01-2006, 04:19 PM   #74
Ed Clark
What does that responce have to do with steves question?

or was that just another infomercial.

Old 10-01-2006, 04:26 PM   #75
SteveHiss
Oh, I see. So what you are saying is that because one gecko breeder may have screwed you, you are going to mass produce large quantities of Australian geckos and "sell them for less"? Thus forcing the true pioneers of Nephrurus propagation, that actually love these animals and know all about their natural history and habitat, and have worked hard for many years to learn the proper way to keep and reproduce them, out of the "business". Since they do not want gecko breeding factories and have no interest in mass producing. So basically you are trying to monopolize. I get it now.

I think it is crap that if you really have given Mike Plank 10 grand and he has sent you nothing. That is BS and he needs to be held accountable. But your business model is a turn off, to us anyway. We watched your TV show and it reminded me of those cheesy car commercials "albinos, $299 down, $299 a month!" it's just a turn off. Herpers are not like car buyers. The ones I know anyway. Just my thought on it joe.

Old 10-01-2006, 04:28 PM   #76
Ed Clark
jOE i WAS ASKING A QUESTION OF YOU, OR WERE YOU TO BUSY PUTTING ALL THE REPTILE BREEDERS OF THE WORLD OUT OF BUSINESS.

Old 10-01-2006, 04:42 PM   #77
biggerdigger
Because of this thread I just made a purchase from Joe. I do not even work with ball pythons. I have been amazed at the extreme prices for years. I am a business owner, besides being an avid reptile breeder. I could not undrestand all the talk from bitching crying individuals about how they can no longer get 5K or 25K for thir animal. It takes so much work poor me. I invested so much mony poor me. Hey guess what last week I was prosecuted for not giving a 5k cash loan to one of my employees. I will cry about that, but not about selling my beaded lizards for one third the price of the top breeder in country. I breed snakes for fun. Hundreds of them. If this is what you are going to do as your BUSINESS as your BREAD and BUTTER, get some BUSINESS advice,FROM SOMONE WHO IS IN BUSINESS.NOT JUST THE REPTILE BIZZ. Get all the advice you can. People will give you their knowledge and years of trial and error experience for FREE!!!!!!!!!! IT wont cost you 1K 10 k natta zilch. After you are done explaing your dream of making$$$$$ selling snakes, they will probably advice you that it doesnt exactly meet there average or typical business venture but maybe they can offer some advice. BACK TO YOU PRICE WHINERS. Simple math will tell you what will happen in the Mojave market, if your common sence was not able to cover that one for you. I do not see abinos or pieds dropping like that, and yes there is a simple natural reason for this occurance. I do not feel there is a significant financial or time differene in the management time, housing, feeding and maintanece of ball pythons compared to my say Sinaloans(please note I admit that I do not have ball python experience which is why i purchased 1 albino and 3 het female from Joe today) I do understand the orignal purchase investment. But guess what last week I dropped more on a nice pair of sinaloans than I just Paid for 1male albino ball plus 3 het females. I can understand why people could or would be upset with a dramatic price difference in one year. However I do not agree with it. How many additional mojoves become productive each year?? I grew almonds in CA when there were only 250 mill pounds in production. This years crop estimate 1 billion pounds. Prices are on the floor. Farmers are pulling almond trees by the thousands. If they are still pulling trees next year guess what, I will plant almonds. So what is this long winded Ca farmin snake breedin dude gettin at. I love reptiles. I bust my butt farming, fighting wildfires, contracting for hurricane clean-up, so I can come home to a nice toasty room, breed some incredible animals and wholesale them. Thats write I love my animals and decided years ago that I take extemely good care of them and could not deal with jimmy from wherever calling too cry that his snake wont eat because he is keeping it at 68 degrees. If you choose to sell to the the public you choose to deal with the public market. EVERYONE PLEASE Always invest your hard earned mony wisely. If you are capable of obtaing these large funds to finance such expensive animals you should know someone who can give you advice. GIVE not even charge. Remember if its to good to be true it probably is. I will keep you all posted on my deal with Joe. I will also try and keep current with the time and financial differences beetween a $20 sinaloan and a $1200 albino ball. I am not perfect. I came to grips with this harsh reality several years ago.If I have mispoke I will glady post a picture with my foot in my mouth. I also dont see the big breeders of balls crying. That means something to me. If you want to be the biggest and best and sell at your price, NO ONE IS, CAN, OR WILL STOP YOU BUT YOURSELF. Please note I am also not an english major. To all of those that are apalled by my gramar spelling or any other mistake in my text I apolojize (LOL)
I hope nothing But the best for both parties involved in this situation.

Michael Powell
mpbruscontrol@hotmail.com

Old 10-01-2006, 04:54 PM   #78
BallBoutique
To Ed Clark:
Dig you hear me crying about your female $4500.00 Caramel Albino you have for sale? Or better yet did you hear Joe get upset?
That was your ad.....right?
Did you produce her?
Be honest to this thread.

Old 10-01-2006, 05:02 PM   #79
redknee
Well joe , you have well and certainly put me and alot of other reptile breeders in the uk off from buying anything from you, we have all seen and read your posts here and know of your history in this market.
All you seem to be interested in is money money money and not the love of the reptiles , if your the so called biggest breeder of ball pythons in the world then where the hell is your business sense???!! lol its laughable!

Old 10-01-2006, 05:07 PM   #80
Joe at PHR
Isell a ton of stuff to the UK and will put my nuimbers up agauinst anybodys. But then I am bragging. So you are the 2% in the UK becasue I do about 10k a week in your country friend... So go pay to much somelace else. Watch the people I am selling to be ithe industry leasers in the UK. You see I lead by example unlike these other people. SO you can get ready we are already all over the UK in a huge way...

Joe at MKR

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!