FREE - Desert Iguanas | Male & Female - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 03:31 PM   #1
Martinotti Reptiles
FREE - Desert Iguanas | Male & Female

I am trying to adopt these two out for a friend who obviously doesn't take care of them very properly.
They DON'T have to go together. Can be adopted separately.

They are two desert iguanas, at least one year and a half old. They are said to be male and female, but I personally can't tell. They are a small species, not growing more than what you see in the photo. They should eat mainly veggies, and don't need such a giant cage are the bigger iguana species. Pretty mellow little guys.

Medical History

Male - Absolutely OK. No issues ever.

Female - Has mild MBD, cleary visible on her tail (it snakes a little. But no ruined joints, bent arms, or anything physical that I can see). She was treated for this and is doing much better. She also suffered 2nd degree burns from where the hot lamp heated a plastic rock too much and she went to bask on it. This is healing nicely, no open wounds or anything. She was given a round of 10 antibiotic shots to keep any infections at bay and she is healing fast.

I only have one photo, but both look exactly the same (except for the slight waviness of the female's tail). I can get more photos of the female if requested.

They are completely free, obviously. If someone from outside of Florida wants them then we can talk shipping.

Contact either me through email (olimpia515@gmail.com) or my boyfriend (he currently has the iguanas anyway) at normanjct@gmail.com.

Thanks!

Old 06-08-2010, 09:27 AM   #2
ento890
Hi,

I am interested in them. How much for shipping to 11980?
Is the female still receiving medical treatment for the burn, or it's healing nicely on its own?

Old 06-08-2010, 09:50 AM   #3
Martinotti Reptiles
I'm looking through Shipyourreptiles.com and shipping would be between $50-60.

The female is completely done with her treatments. She underwent the 10 antibiotic shots nearly a month ago to fight off any chance of infection, plus an increased calcium intake, and she's been doing better. She will always have scars on her underside, probably, and I can include a photo of her belly to show you.

Turned out that their previous owner hadn't even been using a UVB light! Just a fluorescent from Lowes! They're both been doing much better with us in general as well, so I'm sure in a good home with everything they need they would be just great.

Do you have experience with these guys?

Old 06-08-2010, 10:20 AM   #4
ento890
I have never had desert iguanas, but I've had a regular green iguana as well as tons of other reps. I've had Uro's which I believe both the uros and desert iguanas need a high basking spot, healthy greens, and high UVB/A output. I believe the housing requirements are pretty much the same if I'm not mistaken.

I have a custom made enclosure in my basement I have yet to use for anything. I think it would retain heat very well for these guys and since they do not require high humidity, I think they would be great in it. I can send you pictures if you'd like.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:24 AM   #5
Martinotti Reptiles
Yea, I imagine they would be similar. Well, if you decide you do want to take them just let me know and we can figure out the shipping details. Or if you need any more photos first or something like that, also let me know and I'll get that to you also.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:47 AM   #6
ento890
okay will do. I will let you know by the end of the day. You said shipping should be about 50-60? let me see if I can put together that tank today

Old 06-12-2010, 09:50 PM   #7
philly1031
R they still available?

Old 06-13-2010, 01:56 AM   #8
Martinotti Reptiles
They sure are.

Old 06-13-2010, 01:58 AM   #9
philly1031
Ru able to ship to 19143 if so I'll take them and do u take paypal

Old 06-13-2010, 02:18 AM   #10
Martinotti Reptiles
Shipping to your area would be about $50, but the box dimensions/weight at this point are just an estimation for me, so it could be a little higher or a little lower. We've never shipped, but a breeder friend will help us sort that out and get you a much more accurate estimate if you really want them.

Do you have experience with these guys?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread