Adoption BP - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 04:42 PM   #11
JungleHabitats
LOL Jeremy !!!!!!

DUDE i have to call you on this you claim the education you have can provide the BEST care in the country? smallest enclosure that you would stick a BP in with a what sounds like a BAD RI in is 10x20???? how easy is that room heated to around 90 degrees ? and with you proclaimed level of education along with the onstaff vet doesnt the vet know a room that size would surely stress out a already sick animal? and be impossible to heat to keep the snake in the proper temps?Next why would it matter if its nippy or whether it eats house hold pets for snacks? with the love of the animal and such trained people they shouldnt have a care what it is . I have to agree that 60 degrees seems a lil on the " far fetched side" and even if it was 60 for the last month the night time temps in a unheated cargo hold is lower then 10 degrees at around 25-30k ft and while i do admire your attention to keep the animal warm a sick snake exposed to just the pressures at that altitude would be no good along with 4 heat packs i would think it would be meduim well when it arrived and only need sauce on the side . If i am others are wrong please forgive us but we have seen many with the only thing in mind is getting a rescue animal and then reselling it to make a profit. To better ease our minds perhaps you could list you rehab facility so others could loo kat the facilities you have described as well as that 24/7 vet in house as im sure we would like to praise her efforst in putting forth her hard earned time to rehab the sick animals you take in on a daily basis

Old 02-18-2004, 10:52 AM   #12
HerpVenue
Jeremy Clark from Tennesse?

Is this the same jeremy clark that has ripped off a bunch of people?

Nice to see you begging for animals.

I also bet you would turn around and sell it.............or maybe pretend to trade it with someone and rip them off too.

Old 02-18-2004, 11:22 PM   #13
Aprylla
Smells like a scammer...

This same guy is on the Mice On Ice reptile adoption board begging for reptiles and giving peopel the same line. According to the info I just found out, he even recently took in 2 very sick redtail boas from someone who was "loooking for a good home" for them and he fed them the same line of BS. He has MANY posts on that board, here is one of them:

http://reptilemall.com/miceonice/php...b3cdfbba1bce50

Aprylla Hall

Old 02-19-2004, 01:19 AM   #14
Sybella
Meanwhile, 5 days later, this snake still hasn't been placed?? Someone serious needs to speak up soon. I would take it but I'm in California.

Old 02-19-2004, 01:21 AM   #15
MiSFiTz
Quote:
Originally posted by Sybella
Meanwhile, 5 days later, this snake still hasn't been placed?? Someone serious needs to speak up soon. I would take it but I'm in California.
Still need a home..

You can hear it breathing
Doesnt sound to good keeping mouth open..

I dunno what else to do i called the vet thats about a hour and half away and they dont know much about ri's in snakes.. what gives there NO vets around here that does !

Old 02-19-2004, 01:29 AM   #16
Sybella
I know this isn't the place for this but I know you're here right now, Misfit. I'm worried about this snake and hopefully, I can help a little.

Raise the temperature in the enclosure and try to keep the humidity down...a light on top would help with both issues. Hopefully by doing that, it will create a rise in temperature to help fight off the infection as well as dry some of that mucus out.

Also, check the snake's mouth as soon as you can. Sometimes the mucus gets caught up in the mouth, creating a sore or scab and that "mound" prevents the snake from closing his mouth all the way. If this is going on, the mouth area needs to be cleaned out thoroughly and all the scabbing and dead tissue must be removed, otherwise the necrosis will keep eating away at the good tissue. It's similar to "mouth rot" but RI induced, creating an infection in the mouth too.

To clean it out, use q-tips and hydrogen peroxide. Make sure you wipe in the direction of the teeth otherwise you'll have a heck of a cotton mess. LOL! After you get everything cleaned off, use a new q-tip to rub a very small amount of neosporin on the raw areas.

Old 02-19-2004, 01:29 AM   #17
scooterjoe
i've emailed several times saying i'd take him, and i left the name of a reptile rescue close by =0)

Old 02-19-2004, 01:32 AM   #18
Aprylla
Me too

I would definitely take it and have it seen by a herp vet immediaetly, but I am in Mississippi. I am hoping a home is found for the snake before it is too late.

Old 02-19-2004, 01:40 AM   #19
scooterjoe
Please call email write http://www.arrowheadreptilerescue.org/

they will take him and have medical staff, they may even pic him up i'm not sure, but there really great and are out of cinncinati, i will pay the gas for you to drive him there LOL but for real don't wait any longer get him to them right away.

Old 02-19-2004, 02:30 AM   #20
MiSFiTz
I just need someone to pickup the snake..
Im working like mad hours and cant drive all that far right now..

Ill try and call that place you listed above and see what they can do

I have a light over the cage and the snake is moved into a 10 or 20 gallon tank instead of the 55 gallon..

the snake keeps coughing this white stuff out and i keep cleaning its mouth so the snoot or whatever you wanna call it doesnt dry and make a mess.
the snake keeps its mouth shut when it can breath that way so i dont think anything bad like that is going on yet

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread