When was you first snake bite?!!!! - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-15-2010, 03:34 AM   #41
joseydiann
I have actually not been bit by any snakes yet! Yes I said "yet".. Does it hurt?

Amanda

Old 04-15-2010, 05:59 AM   #42
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseydiann View Post
I have actually not been bit by any snakes yet! Yes I said "yet".. Does it hurt?

Amanda
Depends on what bites ya. A lil baby corn isn't going to hurt, but you can bet a full grown green tree will. For the most part, no, it doesn't hurt.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:29 PM   #43
DMcConley
My first bite was about 7 years ago. I saved my adult nephew from a 4 foot black rat snake that was stuck to a rat glue board. After working for 30 minutes to frelease the snake, I decided to drive 20 minutes to my wife's parnets house to show my wife and my in-laws, as well as my 2 year old nephew. I didn't have anything to put him in, so I held him in my right hand while I drove my truck with my left hand. When I got to the house, I had to reach over with my left hand to put the truck in park, the snake must have mistaken this for a sign of aggression and promptly whipped around to tag me in the forehead. Not painful but very funny, and slightly embarrassing.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:45 PM   #44
garweft
I have no clue.....

Best guess would be I was somewhere between 10 and 12 catching snakes and got bit by a garter. I remember the summer I was 12 was my first summer I went field herping pretty regular around the city. I got tagged that year by a bunch of snakes and never really thought much of it since.....

Worst bites I've had are from adult Northern Watersnakes, nasty dirty mouthed little buggers. Haven't been tagged by anything bigger than an adult BP or Ratsnake though, some of those probably hurt a little more. The watersnake bites just still sting and burn a little after.... not to mention your usually covered in feces and musk as well.....

Old 05-02-2010, 04:35 PM   #45
crissabella
I have not been bit by any of my snakes yet, but i'm just waiting for the day my Brazilian Rainbow decides to finally tag me. He was sold to me as having a very nasty temper and was nicknamed "Satan" because he bit every person that went to hold him. In the almost 6 years that i have had him, he has never made an attempt to bite me, but i treat all my animals with the utmost respect, and if they even show any signs they don't want to be messed with, i leave them alone.

Old 03-16-2012, 01:26 PM   #46
Reptile202
Garter Snake

I think I was about 8-10.

It was an adult garter snake. The funny thing is, if I remember correctly, I wasn't scared or jumpy at all. I just left the snake in the chair, and went and told mama my snake bit me...lol.

Now that I'm 23, for whatever reason when a strike bites at me, it makes me jumpy. LOL.

Old 03-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #47
AGoodwin
I've yet to be bitten, but I have only been handling snakes for a year. I am up to five snakes now, and only one is remotely aggressive, or at least was. Ive been working with him and he is beginning to calm down. He doesn't strike at everything now.

Old 03-16-2012, 02:47 PM   #48
Focal
Does it count as a bite if it doesn't draw blood

Old 03-16-2012, 02:53 PM   #49
Reptile202
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodwin View Post
I've yet to be bitten, but I have only been handling snakes for a year. I am up to five snakes now, and only one is remotely aggressive, or at least was. Ive been working with him and he is beginning to calm down. He doesn't strike at everything now.
My kingsnake does that. He or she loves to strike at everything; my fingers, my blankets on my bed, the string on my PJs, my bed post. Lol.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:20 AM   #50
bigtiger
I have a green annie that will bite when she feels the need to.She is only 8 feet long.That is the only snake I sweat when dealing with.
The last snake I was tagged with was a 12ft retic trying to teach my stepson how to feed a large retic.My fault.I was watching him when I should have been watching her.Got me on the kneecap.It bled.Alot.But it taught him one thing....F*** it....just let me feed her.

When you own a snake,its not if...its just when.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!