BOI Thread labeling - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 10-12-2009, 02:45 PM   #1
DZlife
Question BOI Thread labeling

Alright, to start off:
Over a year ago, I was to buy a reptile from a reputable breeder. For now, I'll leave him unnamed.
The animal was injured before he was able to ship it to me, and he offered to either send me something else, or give me a refund.
I had considered taking an alternative reptile, but it was something that he said he'd have to get back to me on. Eventually, I decided on just taking the refund, as the whole process was taking too long, as in, months.
At one point, he told me that he suffered property damage during one of the hurricanes in florida, and was in the process of getting things figured out. I felt badly, and told him not to worry, that I'd contact him in a few weeks.
Eventually, he told me that he had gotten in a court battle with a reptile store chain, and was trying to get money that they owed him.

To prevent further babbling, this is almost 2 years later, and I still don't have my money OR a reptile of equivalent value, for that matter.

I've sent him numerous messages telling him that if I didn't receive my refund, that I'd have to post a negative threat on the BOI.

I'm really bad at being harsh, even when neccesary....

I'm creating a thread now, with all the records of the exchanges with this individual, but don't know whether to give it a BAD GUY prefix, or an INQUIRY prefix. This will be the only (unsettled) negative post on him at the moment.

Which would be more appropriate?

Old 10-12-2009, 02:55 PM   #2
JordanAng420
Inquiry would be more appropriate if you were asking others for their experiances with this person...if you don't feel comfortable using a "Bad Guy" prefix, you can use the "Info" prefix, but with the small amount of information you have given, I might just use the "Bad Guy" one...

Old 10-12-2009, 02:56 PM   #3
JordanAng420
Inquiry would be more appropriate if you were asking others for their experiances with this person...if you don't feel comfortable using a "Bad Guy" prefix, you can use the "Info" prefix.

Old 10-12-2009, 02:59 PM   #4
DZlife
I'm not looking for experience with the person, I want my money back from the person himself.

Old 10-13-2009, 01:24 AM   #5
Tiger Lilly
If recent communications with this person have gone unanswered or if they are telling you what you want to hear but not following through on their end, it's time for a BAD GUY thread.
That means any and all emails or other written correspondence you have had with this person.
DO NOT POST WITHOUT SOME KIND OF PROOF TO BACK UP YOUR CLAIM!
Good luck with it.

Old 10-13-2009, 01:27 AM   #6
Mooing Tricycle
Info may be the option you want to use. Its fairly Unbiased in general, and anyone looking will see that there is INFO in the thread to help them with their selling/buying decisions. Good luck.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:51 AM   #7
DZlife
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=150685

The thread. But heh..no one's even replied to it yet, especially not him.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!