Sick Sav - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-12-2007, 01:57 AM   #1
uglymama
Question Sick Sav

I have had My Sav named Larkin for about three weeks, and have noticed a change in the fecal consistency since then.

She is a yearling about 18" long, looks healthy and weighs 432 grams. I had Larkin in a 20 long for the first week while constructing an 8'x3'x2' While I had good topsoil in there, I noticed that she did not try to dig, but preferred to lay and sleep inside of the hide box. I also noticed the dirt smelled foul (similar to a musty, dank smell) so I removed the dirt fearing a respiratory infection. So I am searching for a more "Larkin" friendly substrate.

The temps in the new cage are 75 on the cool side, 90 on the warm side and a basking area at 125. Crickets, fuzzies and turkey are offered and never turned down until this afternoon. And while at work tonight, my wife called and said she (the Sav ) had defecated in the cage and that it smelled real bad. Not being there to see it or smell it, I don't know how bad it was, but I trust her judgment. She said it had a bad odor and was similar in color to coffee w/ creamer and runny.

As soon as the herp clinic opens, I will call and see if they are willing to look at her and perform a fecal. Does this sound like a parasite, or possibly just a Sav that ate too fast or too much?

Thanks
Pat

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!