Salamandra Bernardezi - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Amphibians

Notices

Old 05-05-2019, 11:26 AM   #1
Josebalderrama
Salamandra Bernardezi

I have 1.1 salamandra Bernardezi These are extremely rare so the price is set in stone shipping available this week and next week before it gets too hot 2500$ shipped
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 05-09-2019, 08:32 PM   #2
Alexandersalamander
When did fire salamanders get so expensive?

Old 05-09-2019, 10:21 PM   #3
James L
Different species. Fire is Salamandra salamandra.

Old 05-10-2019, 02:54 AM   #4
Josebalderrama
**** extremely rare *****
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-15-2019, 01:34 PM   #5
dochawker
Quote:
Originally Posted by James L View Post
Different species. Fire is Salamandra salamandra.
Same species, different subspecies. Still fires, right?

Salamandra salamandra ssp. bernardezi - Oviedo fire salamander (far more rare in pet trade, esp NA)
Salamandra salamandra ssp. salamandra – spotted fire salamander (common in pet trade)
Salamandra salamandra ssp. terrestris – barred fire salamander (common in pet trade)

Old 05-15-2019, 03:38 PM   #6
Josebalderrama
Quote:
Originally Posted by dochawker View Post
Same species, different subspecies. Still fires, right?

Salamandra salamandra ssp. bernardezi - Oviedo fire salamander (far more rare in pet trade, esp NA)
Salamandra salamandra ssp. salamandra – spotted fire salamander (common in pet trade)
Salamandra salamandra ssp. terrestris – barred fire salamander (common in pet trade)
None of the above are common
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-15-2019, 04:08 PM   #7
dochawker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josebalderrama View Post
None of the above are common
I think an important caveat to note would be that their populations are quite healthy in the pet trade (the exception being Oviedo). The perceived rarity of ssp. salamandra and terrestris would be attributed to the 2016 amendments to the Lacey Act which introduced many salamander species to the injurious wildlife list.

With the increased regulation concerning interstate transport of these salamanders, several vendors stopped breeding these salamanders for online sales altogether. Intrastate sales seem to be just fine from my and my colleagues' past experiences.

Edit: Here is a great guide if anyone is interested. https://www.fws.gov/le/pdf/Exporting...-Factsheet.pdf

Old 05-15-2019, 06:17 PM   #8
JaimeLannister
There are only a handful of people breeding Fire salamanders and actively selling them to the public for cash $. There are no commercial breeders of them in the USA. They were always mass caught in the Ukraine and imported. They are not common in the slightest. If ball python morphs can sell for hundreds of dollars; something that is actually rare in the trade should command a high price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochawker View Post
I think an important caveat to note would be that their populations are quite healthy in the pet trade (the exception being Oviedo). The perceived rarity of ssp. salamandra and terrestris would be attributed to the 2016 amendments to the Lacey Act which introduced many salamander species to the injurious wildlife list.

With the increased regulation concerning interstate transport of these salamanders, several vendors stopped breeding these salamanders for online sales altogether. Intrastate sales seem to be just fine from my and my colleagues' past experiences.

Edit: Here is a great guide if anyone is interested. https://www.fws.gov/le/pdf/Exporting...-Factsheet.pdf

Old 05-30-2019, 07:51 PM   #9
Josebalderrama
Still available 1250 $
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!