OMG! I hatched a two-headed dragon! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-16-2008, 07:27 PM   #21
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Dragons
But...then who would be around to annoy you? That would be no fun...

Oh it dosnt annoy me. but it certainly dosnt make any sense to complain about a site that you are actively using

Old 05-16-2008, 07:30 PM   #22
Valley Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle
Oh it dosnt annoy me. but it certainly dosnt make any sense to complain about a site that you are actively using
I'm not complaining about the site. I'm complaining about the people who are down on breeders who want to make money at whay they do. It's stupid. Fortunately everyone here is not like that, and most of the time I enjoy this site. What crawled up your...oh, nevermind.

Jamie

Old 05-16-2008, 07:37 PM   #23
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
I'm not complaining about the site. I'm complaining about the people who are down on breeders who want to make money at whay they do. It's stupid. Fortunately everyone here is not like that, and most of the time I enjoy this site. What crawled up your...oh, nevermind.

Jamie

On edge much? Since you cant tell the Tone of my post, from how i would directly say it to you, i would suggest not assuming that im upset, or annoyed, or any of those feelings.

No, the reason anyone makes that comment most of the time, is because if something is being bred that has a very obvious problem ( in their eyes, everyone feels differently of course, but Generally obvious problem, such as... Oh i dont know, those weird cats with the short legs for example, or silk backs as another visual example) And dosnt give a second thought to the genetic problems on a non visual level, they are considered doing it for the money.

A few random twins here and there, yeah, i can accept that. If it was constant twins, or an obvious reason for you to be trying to breed for more twins, i would look at it differently.

You arent Greedy for the money because you want to make a business out of breeding your animals. One would only consider you to be greedy for the money if you were breeding animals with obvious problems, or traits that could later affect the livelihood of dragons down the line. Things dont have to be immediate, or visible to say there is something wrong.

Old 05-16-2008, 07:48 PM   #24
Valley Dragons
Quote:
On edge much? Since you cant tell the Tone of my post, from how i would directly say it to you, i would suggest not assuming that im upset, or annoyed, or any of those feelings.

No, the reason anyone makes that comment most of the time, is because if something is being bred that has a very obvious problem ( in their eyes, everyone feels differently of course, but Generally obvious problem, such as... Oh i dont know, those weird cats with the short legs for example, or silk backs as another visual example) And dosnt give a second thought to the genetic problems on a non visual level, they are considered doing it for the money.

A few random twins here and there, yeah, i can accept that. If it was constant twins, or an obvious reason for you to be trying to breed for more twins, i would look at it differently.

You arent Greedy for the money because you want to make a business out of breeding your animals. One would only consider you to be greedy for the money if you were breeding animals with obvious problems, or traits that could later affect the livelihood of dragons down the line. Things dont have to be immediate, or visible to say there is something wrong.
Sorry if I'm a little touchy on the subject...based on past discussions, I guess I just assumed that I was under attack once again. But even in re-reading, your post still seems a bit snarky...but whatever. No harm done. Just FYI...I plan to breed silkbacks. I have leatherbacks that are het for silkback...it is just a matter of time. And I plan to make a profit doing so. Does that make me greedy? I don't think so. Ammoralistic for producing "freaks" of nature? No. They were produced from a genetic variation that does not cause harm in a captive environment. But you would know that if you did your research.

Wake up and smell the capitalism, baby.

(I've always wanted to say that, lol)

Old 05-16-2008, 07:57 PM   #25
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Sorry if I'm a little touchy on the subject...based on past discussions, I guess I just assumed that I was under attack once again. But even in re-reading, your post still seems a bit snarky...but whatever. No harm done. Just FYI...I plan to breed silkbacks. I have leatherbacks that are het for silkback...it is just a matter of time. And I plan to make a profit doing so. Does that make me greedy? I don't think so. Ammoralistic for producing "freaks" of nature? No. They were produced from a genetic variation that does not cause harm in a captive environment. But you would know that if you did your research.

Wake up and smell the capitalism, baby.

(I've always wanted to say that, lol)

The only problem i ever had with the silk backs ( and never really got answers to, at that time * i dont keep dragons, mind you, they interest me and maybe some day i will* so i never cared to look up more information regarding the subject at that time) was the questions of if they would be able to handle breeding , and the basking periods and such things.

I feel the same way about those guys, as i do Scaleless snakes( which would be at a much less advantage, not having limbs). But if they require specific care, and their needs can still be met ( and i had this opinion of them on those old threads) then thats all well and good for those that want to take care of them.
I personally would never breed them, and that is, of course, everyones option.

But anyway. this thread is about YOUR dragon, and if it lives, it lives and thats great, i hope it lives a happy life. But also, Im not really one for killing an animal just because it has a deformity, i just wouldnt ever put it into the breeding pool, or allow it to get there by other means. ( not saying you would at all)

Old 05-16-2008, 08:08 PM   #26
Valley Dragons
Quote:
But anyway. this thread is about YOUR dragon, and if it lives, it lives and thats great, i hope it lives a happy life. But also, Im not really one for killing an animal just because it has a deformity, i just wouldnt ever put it into the breeding pool, or allow it to get there by other means. ( not saying you would at all)
Thank you. I'll keep everyone updated on how he (or they) is doing.

Jamie

Old 05-16-2008, 08:13 PM   #27
whiskersmom
This may have already been posted and if so, I apologize, but if not.....check this out! http://www.beardeddragon.org/bjive/v...ilit=conjoined

These babies are 11 mos old now and are doing great!
I say, if they are meant to be they will be.
I wish you great luck.

Beautiful babies, by the way!

Old 05-16-2008, 08:24 PM   #28
Valley Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskersmom
This may have already been posted and if so, I apologize, but if not.....check this out! http://www.beardeddragon.org/bjive/v...ilit=conjoined

These babies are 11 mos old now and are doing great!
I say, if they are meant to be they will be.
I wish you great luck.

Beautiful babies, by the way!
I saw that! That is so cool!

Jamie

Old 05-16-2008, 09:17 PM   #29
Lucille
Quote:
There are many other sites available if you are not happy with the way things are run here.

Otherwise, this comment is entirely unnecessary, and uncalled for. Fauna is, how Fauna is. Dont like it, Find somewhere else to post where everyone agrees and feels the same way about everything, and everything is happy and merry and covered in chocolate goodness.
You seem to be telling him to leave because his opinion is different. If you are saying we have a right to disagree here, then let him have his opinion, even if it is critical.

I can't remember when there was a time on this site where everyone was happy with the way things are run here.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:26 PM   #30
Valley Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
You seem to be telling him to leave because his opinion is different. If you are saying we have a right to disagree here, then let him have his opinion, even if it is critical.

I can't remember when there was a time on this site where everyone was happy with the way things are run here.
Her.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!