Taking Chances - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:06 PM   #1
Lucille
Taking Chances

I'm considering doing something different for a while; but I'm not independently wealthy so there's some risk.

I'm sick and tired of workplace crap. Don't get me wrong, I love kids and families. I love the things I've done for people. But it seems like when one works for an organization, here lately, there is more crap than usual.

It's scary though, making big changes.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:08 PM   #2
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
I'm considering doing something different for a while; but I'm not independently wealthy so there's some risk.

I'm sick and tired of workplace crap. Don't get me wrong, I love kids and families. I love the things I've done for people. But it seems like when one works for an organization, here lately, there is more crap than usual.

It's scary though, making big changes.
What are you considering?

Old 01-24-2011, 08:15 PM   #3
Lucille
I want to write. Lots of different stuff. Legal articles to help families and kids, but also stories and articles.
I've published minor articles, some in national magazines, but this would be a big step.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:25 PM   #4
SamanthaJane13
Whatever you decide, I wish you luck and every success, Lucille!!

Old 01-24-2011, 08:29 PM   #5
Mistyck
Sounds like an adventure in itself. Best of luck to you Lucille.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:29 PM   #6
Lucille
Thank you

Old 01-24-2011, 08:34 PM   #7
crotalusadamanteus
You should try working for the evil little gnome that I work for. If you have ANY wittle feewings in you at all, you won't last a week before he makes you cry. LOL

I wish you luck though. You're a lot more "wordier" then I am. If I tried to write a book, it would be all of 4 pages long before I ran out of stuff to write.

Why is it risky though? Can't you accomplish it in your spare time until things are rolling, or are you talking of quitting and doing it full time?

Old 01-24-2011, 09:12 PM   #8
Lucille
I quit my job several weeks ago. Some knew that while helping friends with legal stuff, I continued with the district this year to have time toward a retirement.

A couple weeks ago there was a parent who was very ill at the school. It soon became apparent that she would need an ambulance. The emergency 'call button' to the classroom was not working so I zipped up to the office and asked them to call an ambulance, then went back to the parent who became unresponsive.
In a bit, the office then sent word that they refused to call and that I would have to do it myself.
Luckily, there was a teacher with a cell phone, we called an ambulance, and the parent lived.

Then, I was told not to worry about making the required ambulance incident report that is sent up the chain. IMHO, a coverup.

I actually thought about it for several days, and then decided that if the chips were down and there was a life in the balance, I wanted a real team around me. Working equipment, responsive staff.

Worrying about what is and what is not in one's job description when someone might be dying is unfathomable.

So, I'm looking at the next chapter of my life.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:16 PM   #9
crotalusadamanteus
Pfft. I've quit jobs for less then that. Don't blame you at all.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:05 PM   #10
Shadera
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Best of luck, whatever you decide.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!