Rafael Mendoza-the Reptile Dungeon - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-31-2003, 11:24 AM   #1
ArkValRep
Rafael Mendoza-the Reptile Dungeon

I was curious as to whether or not anyone has had trouble receiving orders from Rafael Mendoza at the Reptile Dungeon? I ordered a Ranco thermostat from him on 10/20/03 and have not heard from him since. The day that I ordered it, I e-mailed him twice before ordering it with some questions about compatability and he replied immediately. However, ever since I sent him the money via Pay Pal, I have not been able to get him to respond to my multiple inquiries about my order and I still don't have the product. Is this normal for him? Thanks.

Marc-ARKANSAS VALLEY REPTILES 719-207-0774

Old 10-31-2003, 12:25 PM   #2
dwedeking
I don't know Rafael, but the area he lives in is the area that the fires in So Cal started. He MAY be having issues relating to the fires (ie no phone service, no power, evacuations etc)

Old 10-31-2003, 01:10 PM   #3
herphobbyist
Rafael Mendoza

Rafael is a good guy. He lives in San Bernadino, CA. where the fires are so I'm sure he's having problems like everyone else there. I'm sure he'll contact you when he can. I've done some deals with him and he's always been above board. On a side note if Ralph is having problems my thoughts are with him. Ron Radloff "The Crawl Space"

Old 10-31-2003, 10:17 PM   #4
snakeyes
I did a trade

with rafael at the beginning of the month if you could call it that at this point. i sent him 3 yearling knoblochi and he was supposed to send me 2 of the snake skeletons he was offering on KS. well he received the animals on 10/9. i waited a week and half and after i didn't receive any info from him i emailed and asked when/if they had been shipped. i received a 4 word reply that "they were on the way". it is now 10/31 and no skeletons and no contact. i sympathise with the difficulties he may be experiencing with the fire and all but this deal should have been completed way before they started. i'm not saying that i've been ripped off. what i am saying is at the least it's bad business practice and at the worst a hosing. i am going to email him again this weekend and i will post the results of this transaction as they unfold.

Russ Mercado
Snakeyes Herpetoculture

Old 11-06-2003, 03:50 AM   #5
The Reptile Dungeon
Hello All,
I would like to say right off the bat. I am very sorry for the delays. I have no really good excuse other than bad timing on alot of levels. The fire very near my house being a part of it.
Both of you will have what you are expecting very very soon.
I in no way intend to cut and run with your Money or your Snakes.
Thanks,
Rafael
T.R.D.

P.S. Here is a pic I took a little over a block from my house when the fires were passing by me.
Attached Images

Old 11-06-2003, 03:56 AM   #6
The Reptile Dungeon
Heres another

Attached Images

Old 11-06-2003, 08:51 PM   #7
TheVipersHouse
hang in there Raf

hey i have done business with Rafael
in the past and hes nuthing short of a great guy
and the fact that you people doing business with him would even think to have thoughts of getting hosed or being ripped off are outrageous all you have to do is a search and his name will come up with nuhting but great reviews ... personally knowing from your own admission about the fires where he lives and then posting what u have already i would say your being a bit unkind arent you ... i mean i know your probably anxious about getting what u either paid for or traded for but i think his delays are justified none the less due to the fact his whole life and welfare are at risk due to the massive fires ... i havent known rafael to not complete a deal , so just sit back and relax and bare with him his times are a bit more difficult then yours right now .....

Old 12-04-2003, 02:09 AM   #8
ArkValRep
Question Still Waiting...

I understand that Mr. Mendoza was very near the recent fires in California. For this reason I waited a month before I sent him another e-mail asking why I haven't yet heard from him. However, the money I sent him for a Ranco thermostat was in October. It is now December. I don't think it is unfair, mean, or insensitive to question why he has not returned ANY of my recent multiple e-mails. I find it hard to believe that he has not checked his e-mail. After all, he, like many of us, has a business to run. I have e-mailed him with my telephone number and my address. Does anyone out there have his telephone number?
Marc Morris-Arkansas Valley Reptiles 719-207-0774

Old 12-22-2003, 03:34 AM   #9
ArkValRep
Update on Rafael Mendoza-Reptile Dungeon

Just a quick update on the order I placed in October and still don't have from Mr. Mendoza. Right after my last post on the BOI he sent an e-mail stating he was going to get the thermostat sent. It hasn't arrived as of 12/21/03.

Old 12-22-2003, 03:06 PM   #10
urbanjungles
Similar experience...

Marc,

Just FYI, I had the same thing happen to me. I completed a trade with Rafael several months ago where I sent him some Amazon tree boas in trade for some skulls and articulations. After sending the snakes I recieved only part of the trade as i was told the other pieces were broken in transit. Completion of the deal was a long process.

It took a couple of months and many unanswered emails and phone calls before the deal was finally completed. I rememeber getting a bit frustrated at times... Rafael sent me some extra "freebies" to make up for the delay but in hindsight I think I'd rather have completed the deal in a timely fashion because I was relying on the articulations for an upcoming lecture.

Good luck geting your thermostat.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!