help - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-09-2004, 06:34 PM   #1
geckogeek
help

ok one of my female's tail has like "went flat" it was normal this weekend but today i looked in her cage and she has a tail as big around as a pencil ive been gut loading her food (crix) she has a calcium dish..... she is in her own cage now ...if anyone has a idea of what might be wrong my e mail is Treydot3@aol.com

Old 03-10-2004, 05:16 AM   #2
WingedWolf
????

I'm leaning toward this being a joke, because I can't imagine what could possibly cause a gecko with a normal tail to completely lose their fat stores overnight.

With that in mind, perhaps it was a cricket with a liposuction machine?

Old 03-10-2004, 04:56 PM   #3
geckogeek
ok i sent a pic to ^ to prove im not jokin

Old 03-10-2004, 04:59 PM   #4
geckogeek
ok never mind i TRIED to send a pic ....my computer is screwin up

Old 03-10-2004, 07:32 PM   #5
Sarah H
I don't think it is possable for them to lose all their tail fat close to overnight. It generally happens gradually when they aren't eating. Maybe you just didn't notice?
Anyways if there is such a signifigant weight loss you should see a vet and get a fecal done, to find out what is wrong.

Old 03-11-2004, 04:47 PM   #6
geckogeek
yeah im taking her 2 a vet this weekend

Old 03-13-2004, 12:24 PM   #7
geckogeek
well she died last night ....she was about to lay ....i did a "c-section"after i found her and got the eggs out i dont know if they will hatch but its worth a try i guess

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!