Raphael Mendoza ( bad animal post ) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-31-2007, 03:17 PM   #11
BryonsBoas
If Ralph is giving you the name Rafael then he knows his reputation is crap. Otherwise he wouldn't need a new screen name nor would he need to go by Ralph.

Original....

View Profile: The Reptile Dungeon
The Reptile Dungeon is at reputation level 10 - 49
The Reptile Dungeon

Last Activity: 10-17-2005 03:24 PM
Trader Rating: (0) [Rate This User!]
Warning Level: 0
Add The Reptile Dungeon to Your Buddy List Add The Reptile Dungeon to Your Ignore List

Signature
Rafael Mendoza
T.R.D.

"If you had one shot, or one opportunity, to seize everything you ever wanted, in one moment, would you capture it, or just let it slip" EMINEM

Forum Info Contact Info
Find all posts by The Reptile Dungeon
Find all threads started by The Reptile Dungeon
Find Gallery Images by The Reptile Dungeon
Find Ads by The Reptile Dungeon

Home Page:
http://www.thereptiledungeon.freeservers.com
Email:
Send a message via email to The Reptile Dungeon
Private Message:
Send a private message to The Reptile Dungeon
Additional Information Group Memberships
Birthday:
September 13, 1976

The Reptile Dungeon is not a member of any public groups

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:08 PM.

New.....

View Profile: coldBlooded123456
coldBlooded123456 is an unknown quantity at this point
coldBlooded123456
Contributing Member

Last Activity: 07-31-2007 03:05 PM
Viewing Thread Emergency sale! NO better deal anywhere! 0.1 albino, 0.1 pastel, 1.0 spider yearlings @ 03:05 PM
Add coldBlooded123456 to Your Buddy List Add coldBlooded123456 to Your Ignore List

Forum Info Contact Info
Find all posts by coldBlooded123456
Find all threads started by coldBlooded123456
Find Gallery Images by coldBlooded123456
Find Ads by coldBlooded123456

Email:
Send a message via email to coldBlooded123456
Private Message:
Send a private message to coldBlooded123456
Additional Information Group Memberships
Birthday:
September 13, 1976
Where did you hear about FaunaClassifieds?:
Full Name:
Ralph Mendoza

coldBlooded123456 is not a member of any public groups

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:08 PM.

Maybe one of the mods could do an IP check. Its possible he has a new internet provider by now but if the IPs are the same or this really is Rafael then its a new name to run an old scam.

Old 07-31-2007, 03:25 PM   #12
BryonsBoas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryonsBoas
I should've already done this awhile ago but just never got around to it. i bought a reverse stripe boa from Raphael back in late winter/early spring. It sat in the FedEx office for 2 days waiting to be shipped to start with. Raphael said it was due to FEDex " changing " the status of his account. When I got the box in it was poorly insulated, gaps on all edges. It was obvious that Raphael cut the insulation himself and no heat in the box at all. She was ice cold when I got her and the morning I picked her up was the LAST time I've been able to get ahold him.
She didn't eat for almost 2 weeks , I called Raphael to find out if she was just " picky " or what but never got past his voice mail. Never recieved a response from my e-mails either.She finally ate but only if I left a pk/ft rat at the entrance to her hide box.She ate 3 times and then mucus started to drain from her anal plate. i took her to the vet who diagnosed her with a protazoan infection. Naturally I asked if she could've gotten it from her food, explained how I fed her and the vet said she could but if she was the only one sick it was doubtful. The vet also said the infection was too far along for it to have happened after I got her and that she would've had to have it for some time to reach the point she was at. He prescribed meds, basking in natural sunlight and crossing fingers. After 2 1/2 weeks of meds , modifying a cage for UVB ( 24 hours a day ) sitting in sun daily and forcing fluids she improved.
She started eating again and putting the weight she lost back on. Now she is looking at another vet visit for a swollen spot on her spine. I tried contacting Raphael after the first vet visit but never got a reply then either. I no longer have any contact info on Raphael and if I did it probably wouldn't do any good anyway.I had originally decided to just chalk it up to experience and never deal with him again but now I have to this animal I paid over $400 for and paid another $180 in vet bills , UVB lights , etc. on to the vet AGAIN because he sold me a bad animal. Not what I paid for . 2 lessons learned : DON"T deal with Raphael , Don't wait on a vet visit if the critter ain't eating.
I have a pretty good size collection , none of the others were or are now sick, all ate from the same holding bin and the only one to have to go the vet was the one I got from Raphael.

To finish this post and answer your question.... The animal was put down due to 13 - 14 calcium deposits on her spine. One deposit had fused over 3 vertebrae together. I lost a damn fine looking animal due to piss poor care by the original owner who never answered his phone or e-mails once I got her in hand.

Old 07-31-2007, 03:40 PM   #13
Dennis Hultman
Quote:

Maybe one of the mods could do an IP check. Its possible he has a new internet provider by now but if the IPs are the same or this really is Rafael then its a new name to run an old scam.
Quote:
coldBlooded123456
Contributing Member

Last Activity: 07-31-2007 12:21 PM
Viewing Thread Raphael Mendoza ( bad animal post ) @ 12:21 PM

Birthday:
September 13, 1976
Where did you hear about FaunaClassifieds?:
Full Name:
Ralph Mendoza

Quote:
The Reptile Dungeon

Last Activity: 10-17-2005 12:24 PM
Birthday:
September 13, 1976

Same birthday. Same name. Same state.

I think that it is obvious.

Old 07-31-2007, 03:45 PM   #14
BryonsBoas
I felt it was pretty obvious myself but it never hurts to nail them with as much as you can.

Old 07-31-2007, 11:07 PM   #15
Slithering Serpents
This is definitely the same Raphael Mendoza aka Ralph Mendoza. His "new" site:

http://www.thereptiledungeon.freeservers.com

. . . looks just like his site did when he ripped me off two years ago. Here it is in the way back machine:

http://web.archive.org/web/200511140...ledungeon.com/

He's definitely the same guy who ripped me off two years ago (see previous posts). He will take your money and never send you what you bought, and give you a million excuses. He won't return your emails, and he wilwl never talk to you on the phone. He might promise you a refund like he did to me, but you'll never see it.

Caden Chapman

Old 08-01-2007, 01:23 AM   #16
Otter_23
Same guy no doubt. I guess he is selling them locally now

Old 08-01-2007, 01:45 AM   #17
BryonsBoas
He read this thread earlier , guess he doesn't have the NahNahs to respond. Better to be spineless than own up to what he owes.

Old 08-11-2007, 11:26 AM   #18
aplusreptiles
Why don't you report him to the BBB? I had to do it once for a dealing with WormMan, and it was quite simple.

I would file the complaint and then send him an email stating you did so. It would be awful to file a small claims case against him for the $206+ vet bills, but you should let him know that you're willing to do it. You've been nice about it too long, imo.

Old 12-15-2007, 09:38 PM   #19
BryonsBoas
Finally Rapheal decided to come out from under his rock.

12-15-2007, 02:43 PM
coldBlooded123456
Contributing Member

Name : Ralph Mendoza
coldBlooded123456 is an unknown quantity at this point
Trader Rating: (0)

Re: Question
Quote:
Do you plan on reimbursing me for the bad / sick boa you sent me? You know I contacted you and you refused to answer my calls or answer e-mails. Do you plan on being a man about it or just disappearing again?

The total you owe me is $450.00 for the boa and another $250 for the vet bills and equipment I had to cover to treat the " PERFECTLY HEALTHY ( ) " boa you sent me.

No I dont because that add the animal was in clearly stated that I had only had her for a short time. Also you say you called and sent a bunch of e-mails? I dont recall that at all. And no heat pack? BS I ship everything with heat packs! Always have! I am sorry for your troubles but thats all I can do for you.

Talk about a weak excuse for not refunding a customer on a bad deal. I guess anybody who sells a sick animal can just claim " I didn't have it that long".

Guess you had long enough to see it was sick and moved it on out. Nice Rapheal , real class act. Wait a few years to reply , give a lame ass excuse and crawl back under your rock.

Why the different spelling on your ads recently?
Why the screen name change?

Don't ever think I'll let this drop.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:40 AM   #20
axolotl_jake
I recently dealt with Raphael Mendoza, even after reading all of what was written on this site. I wanted 6 of his H.tsuensis advertised on ks. He not only gave them to me for half price, but he pulled through. One died at his house, which he was very honest with me about. I honestly don't think he's as bad as some people may think.

If people are worried about getting screwed out of their money then they should only pay for things after they get them, and not even take the risk. I am a risk taker, and that's why I did business with him. It's easy to get a bad reputation from a few misunderstandings in this hobby.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!