Raphael Mendoza ( bad animal post ) - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:52 AM   #21
ravensgait
Ah mister snake deals speaks!!!! Jacob I bet you have these new animals in the same room with your others don't ya!!! It didn't bother you that one of these super animals died before the guy could ship it to you?? Half price ? was that because they were half dead??

You did the deal even after you knew the guys reputation and we wonder why scammers and thieves are still in business, It's because of people like you Jacob. If I seem a bit harsh it's because there have been to many just like you here lately IE don't give a crap about the animals or other people in the hobby just so long as they get theirs.. It'll catch up to you one day, you'll get burnt and when it does happen don't be to awful surprised when you hear a few I told you So's..
Randy

Old 01-18-2008, 01:54 AM   #22
ravensgait
Oh I forgot to mention another to add to my list of Never to do Business With, I bet you make a few of those list after that post. Randy

Old 01-18-2008, 01:55 AM   #23
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by axolotl_jake
I recently dealt with Raphael Mendoza, even after reading all of what was written on this site. I wanted 6 of his H.tsuensis advertised on ks. He not only gave them to me for half price, but he pulled through. One died at his house, which he was very honest with me about. I honestly don't think he's as bad as some people may think.

If people are worried about getting screwed out of their money then they should only pay for things after they get them, and not even take the risk. I am a risk taker, and that's why I did business with him. It's easy to get a bad reputation from a few misunderstandings in this hobby.
Let me paraphrase-
Quote:
Originally Posted by What a load
I understand he ripped you guys off but I got mine. You shouldn't do this if you aren't prepared to take the risk. A few misunderstandings= Theft

They aren't worried about getting screwed, they did. I know, I know, You got yours and your happy no matter who else he screws. Its funny that you mention its easy to get a bad reputation. Because, it basically really is when you don't send sick animals or no animals at all. So,

Mr. risk taker you read he didn't send Caden his snake. He has been waiting since 2005. You read he sent Bryon a sick animal and told him to just deal with it. So, being the big risk taker that you are you thought you pop in and tell them they shouldn't take risks if they are worried about getting screwed?
How moronic is that? Bryon and many others have many transactions every year. Every once in awhile some low-life waste burns one of us in the hobby and gets away with it, in-part because there is always some idiot out there willing to still purchase from them. Those idiots are the real problem.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:58 AM   #24
Dennis Hultman
Corrected-

They aren't worried about getting screwed, they did. I know, I know, You got yours and you're happy no matter who else he screws. Its funny that you mention it's easy to get a bad reputation. Because, it basically is when you send sick animals or no animals at all.

Old 01-18-2008, 08:56 AM   #25
The BoidSmith
Quote:
It's easy to get a bad reputation from a few misunderstandings in this hobby.
Yes, soooooo easy that in fact you did it just after one...except it was not a misunderstanding, you knew perfectly well what you were doing, that is "getting yours".

Old 01-18-2008, 09:10 AM   #26
Roy Munson
Quote:
If people are worried about getting screwed out of their money then they should only pay for things after they get them, and not even take the risk. I am a risk taker, and that's why I did business with him. It's easy to get a bad reputation from a few misunderstandings in this hobby.
Hey Mr. Risk-Taker, why don't you send me the most valuable herps you have for sale, and I'll pay for them when they get here. And if I don't, don't start a bad guy thread. After all, it's just the risk of doing business.

But seriously, get a clue, won't you?

Old 01-18-2008, 01:09 PM   #27
axolotl_jake
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensgait
Ah mister snake deals speaks!!!! Jacob I bet you have these new animals in the same room with your others don't ya!!! It didn't bother you that one of these super animals died before the guy could ship it to you?? Half price ? was that because they were half dead??

You did the deal even after you knew the guys reputation and we wonder why scammers and thieves are still in business, It's because of people like you Jacob. If I seem a bit harsh it's because there have been to many just like you here lately IE don't give a crap about the animals or other people in the hobby just so long as they get theirs.. It'll catch up to you one day, you'll get burnt and when it does happen don't be to awful surprised when you hear a few I told you So's..
Randy
I do actually have them in the same room as the others! Congratulations! You're really smart!

If you know anything about salamanders...which by you're post, you obviously do not, then you'd know they're very delicate animals and a number of things can kill them.

Thank you! I know all scammers and theives are in business because of me. I'm their leader!

If you think I don't give a crap about my animals then you obviously have never gotten to know me or seen my set up.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:34 PM   #28
axolotl_jake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson
Hey Mr. Risk-Taker, why don't you send me the most valuable herps you have for sale, and I'll pay for them when they get here. And if I don't, don't start a bad guy thread. After all, it's just the risk of doing business.

But seriously, get a clue, won't you?

You're right! It is the risk of doing business. I don't know you at all so there is no way in hell that I'd send you my chimeristic axolotl. Want to know why?(no?) Oh well, IT'S BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW YOU!

If you people don't want to get ripped off, then don't deal with people that you just saw on a commercial website that Joe Blow from anywhere can advertise anything and slap a few pics on the ad to make it look real. My point is, no one forced these people to deal with Mr. Mendoza, they did it out of their own free will.

Plus, why did people even bother threatening to take legal action? If he clearly has your money and you don't have your purchase, then he stole your money, so what would be the point of saying something like "I don't want this to get ugly" to a guy that is somewhere on the west coast and you have no clue where?

I could go to the next herp convention and pick up a bunch of sickly animals to sell on ks, and put a bunch of pics of healthy ones on the ads, and people that have no clue would start sending me money, even though they haven't seen the animal, or taken the time to get to know me.

BUYER BEWARE-

PS I don't care if you think I'm a dumbass or an idiot because you or your friend's got screwed by a guy that pulled through on my deal. I was just posting here to say that he isn't as bad as some people might think. Sorry, but everyone I've ever met has an opinion and they're entitled to it. I know a lot of you have a poor opinion of me, but that isn't going to make me not sleep at night. I can always go to a civilized forum where everyone isn't just dealing with ks retailers and calling people idiots for getting what they paid for.

Cheers,
Jacob

Old 01-18-2008, 02:41 PM   #29
varnyard
Jacob, there is no sense acting like this. We just wanted to make sure you really had a deal with him, I also doubt anyone here really wants your slimey Sally-Mander. So your chimeristic axolotl is safe. None of us want anything slimey that comes from you or him for that matter.

However, how about posting the emails between you two, as well as proof of the transaction. That is what is needed here, the proof of the transaction you claim to have with this scumbag. Oh, and welcome to Fauna's BOI.

Old 01-18-2008, 06:49 PM   #30
BryonsBoas
Quote:
I recently dealt with Raphael Mendoza, even after reading all of what was written on this site. I wanted 6 of his H.tsuensis advertised on ks. He not only gave them to me for half price, but he pulled through. One died at his house, which he was very honest with me about. I honestly don't think he's as bad as some people may think.
Let him owe you around $500 for a couple years and see how you feel about that last sentence.

Quote:
No one SHOULD be worried about loosing their money but two of us did. I lost more than just the cost of the animal when I had to make a vet visit to save its life and a second vet visit to have it put down.

Not seeing where receiving a boa with heavy amoebic infection is a " misunderstanding ". Raphael said the animal was healthy. I " understood " this to mean that it wouldn't have slime pouring out of its butt or $200 ( roughly ) in vet bills. I " understood " healthy to mean that it would go through Q - time and be a part of my collection.

I'm sure Caden " understood " that when the money was paid for the animal he ordered , he would get it. Not seeing where he " misunderstood " an ad saying pay this much and I ship you this.

Just like you , I read the other threads about Raphael and gave him a shot. I took the risk just like you did and got screwed for it.

If you are satisfied with receiving half price animals that the seller was having issues keeping all alive then more power to ya. Good for you Raphael didn't " misunderstand " what you sent him money for or " misunderstand " that you wanted live animals.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!