Raphael Mendoza ( bad animal post ) - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-18-2008, 08:03 PM   #31
norsmis
Quote:
Originally Posted by axolotl_jake
You're right! It is the risk of doing business. I don't know you at all so there is no way in hell that I'd send you my chimeristic axolotl. Want to know why?(no?) Oh well, IT'S BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW YOU!

If you people don't want to get ripped off, then don't deal with people that you just saw on a commercial website that Joe Blow from anywhere can advertise anything and slap a few pics on the ad to make it look real. My point is, no one forced these people to deal with Mr. Mendoza, they did it out of their own free will.

Plus, why did people even bother threatening to take legal action? If he clearly has your money and you don't have your purchase, then he stole your money, so what would be the point of saying something like "I don't want this to get ugly" to a guy that is somewhere on the west coast and you have no clue where?

I could go to the next herp convention and pick up a bunch of sickly animals to sell on ks, and put a bunch of pics of healthy ones on the ads, and people that have no clue would start sending me money, even though they haven't seen the animal, or taken the time to get to know me.

BUYER BEWARE-

PS I don't care if you think I'm a dumbass or an idiot because you or your friend's got screwed by a guy that pulled through on my deal. I was just posting here to say that he isn't as bad as some people might think. Sorry, but everyone I've ever met has an opinion and they're entitled to it. I know a lot of you have a poor opinion of me, but that isn't going to make me not sleep at night. I can always go to a civilized forum where everyone isn't just dealing with ks retailers and calling people idiots for getting what they paid for.

Cheers,
Jacob
Jacob, posts like this will only put you in the same limelight as Raphael. If your morals are as low as his, don't expect people to want to do business with you....

Old 01-18-2008, 09:01 PM   #32
varnyard
Bryon, there is no proof posted by Jacob that he ever had a transaction with Mr Mendoza. I think he needs to provide us with this before we can take his words with any weight at all. The BOI is based on proof, and that is what is needed now.

Old 01-19-2008, 02:27 PM   #33
axolotl_jake
What kind of proof do you want? I still have all of the emails, the serial number to the money order, and the cutomer receipt from FedEx.

Old 01-19-2008, 02:35 PM   #34
axolotl_jake
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryonsBoas
Let him owe you around $500 for a couple years and see how you feel about that last sentence.

No one SHOULD be worried about loosing their money but two of us did. I lost more than just the cost of the animal when I had to make a vet visit to save its life and a second vet visit to have it put down.

Not seeing where receiving a boa with heavy amoebic infection is a " misunderstanding ". Raphael said the animal was healthy. I " understood " this to mean that it wouldn't have slime pouring out of its butt or $200 ( roughly ) in vet bills. I " understood " healthy to mean that it would go through Q - time and be a part of my collection.

I'm sure Caden " understood " that when the money was paid for the animal he ordered , he would get it. Not seeing where he " misunderstood " an ad saying pay this much and I ship you this.

Just like you , I read the other threads about Raphael and gave him a shot. I took the risk just like you did and got screwed for it.

If you are satisfied with receiving half price animals that the seller was having issues keeping all alive then more power to ya. Good for you Raphael didn't " misunderstand " what you sent him money for or " misunderstand " that you wanted live animals.
Almost every business has it's satisfied and dissatisfied customers. The animals I received from this man are healthier than others that I've bought off ks in the past.

How many other people have gotten screwed over by him? I've only heard of 2 or 3, but have also heard of a few others who've had good business experiences with him.

Old 01-19-2008, 02:44 PM   #35
axolotl_jake
Ok, here is the string of emails from him to me. It starts with the most recent and goes to the oldest.

Cool I appreciate that. Its actually 2 people that have a problem and a whole bunch of 2 cent givers. 1 has a valid reason the other could kiss my butt. lol I have more good than bad so I let people make their choices. My site also has a feedback section if you wouldn't mind.

Thanks,
Ralph

EMW ( East Meets West International )
Please feel free to look at our site below!
www.emw-international.com
San Bernardino CA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 21:15:20 -0800
Subject: Re: Message about: Japanese salamanders Hynobius tsuensis RARE RARE RARE in USA also
To: emw_inc@hotmail.com

Hey Ralph,

I got the H.tsuensis today. They look great. Thanks again!

Are all three okiensis still alive? If so, are they still for sale? I might be able to nurse them back to health, I have over 20 species of caudates at this point in time and always have to deal with them getting ill. Let me know.

Thank,
Jake
by the way, I saw a thread about you on faunaclassifieds.com and a lot of people had some shitty things to say, but i'll post and let them know you're a good guy

----- Original Message ----
From: Rafael Mendoza -East Meets West International- <emw_inc@hotmail.com>
To: Jacob Bidinger <axolotl_jake@sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 1:20:05 PM
Subject: RE: Message about: Japanese salamanders Hynobius tsuensis RARE RARE RARE in USA also

Dam, hit send to fast. The H.okiensis don't seem to be doing that well. I don't think they were eating like the ones you got do.

Thanks,
Ralph

San Bernardino CA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:07:51 -0800
Subject: Re: Message about: Japanese salamanders Hynobius tsuensis RARE RARE RARE in USA also

Ralph,
I understand about the one with the nipped tail and the dried up one...they're salamanders. If you don't want to send back the cost of one, I might be interesed in the H.okiensis. It all depends on what conditions these arrive in. What is the tracking number for the package they're in?

Thanks,
Jake

From: Rafael Mendoza -East Meets West International- <emw_inc@hotmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 3:10:41 AM
Subject: RE: Message about: Japanese salamanders Hynobius tsuensis RARE RARE RARE in USA also

Jacob,
Your guys are on the way. small prob though. 1 climbed up the cage wall and i guess got stuck as he dried up in the lid area of their cage. So I will send you back the cost of 1. And one got its tail nipped by another.

Thanks,
Ralph

San Bernardino CA

Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 13:17:14 -0800

Hi Ralph,
Can you ship the 6 H.tsuensis today or tomorrow?
Thanks,
Jacob Bidinger

Sent: Tuesday, January 8, 2008 4:01:28 PM

lol! NO PROBLEMO!. I will take some picks tonight when I get home from work.

Thanks,
Ralph

San Bernardino CA

Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 13:49:00 -0800

Hi Ralph,

I've been thinking about that H.okiensis offer you told me ($40 each), and I am considering it. I was wondering if you can send me some pictures of their undersides and of each one up close, so maybe I can get an idea as to gender ratio. Let me know.

Thanks,
Jake

Sent: Monday, January 7, 2008 2:40:03 PM

will do!

Thanks,
Ralph

San Bernardino CA

Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 11:58:56 -0800

I sent the money order today via priority mail, you should have it in a few days. Please let me know when you receive it to make shipping arrangements.

Thanks,

Jacob Bidinger
330 Terwilliger Ave.
Hampshire, IL 60140

Sent: Sunday, January 6, 2008 11:22:56 AM

Sounds good. Thanks for the site I'll try that. I didnt know about that site.
the address is...

Rafael Mendoza
2545 Sunflower ave
San Bernardino Ca 92407

Thanks,
Ralph

San Bernardino CA

Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 09:07:42 -0800

(I removed the name of the other web site after I posted this)

$40 is still a bit too much of a risk if they were 10-20 like most of the newts around here that are imports then I'd buy them in a heartbeat, but it's still not worth the risk to me. Sorry. Have you been on ##**##.org/ yet? There is a forum there where you can sell/buy/trade salamanders/newts. If you don't have luck on kingsnake, then you might try there, but even then, you'd have to prove that they're c.b. or long term captives. I'll send the money order out tomorrow via Priority mail, so that you'll have it in your hands by Friday.

-Jake

Sent: Sunday, January 6, 2008 1:35:26 AM

I have them for $60ea how about $40 a pop? The only reason I want them to go as well is they are they only things I have that feed on anything that small to. lol

Thanks,
Ralph

San Bernardino CA

Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 22:44:23 -0800

I'm not so sure about getting the okiensis. Sorry, but I am planning to breed the tsuensis along with my other newt/salamanders in the next few years. I normally buy salamanders in groups of 8-10 or more to be sure I get at least a pair (if not multiples). Buying only three doesn't give me good odds, and since there aren't any others in the country, I wouldn't be able to get a spare male in case they were three females or the other way around. Thanks for thinking of me. Do you mind me asking how you aquired these species? I've now heard of H.tokiensis, H.dunni, H.retardatus, H.tsuensis, and H.okiensis being in the US, but they're very few and far between and there isn't too great of an interest in these little known species. I like them though, they're very interesting in their habits. The only way I'd take the three okiensis is if it were a price I just couldn't pass up.

Thanks,
Jake

Sent: Saturday, January 5, 2008 12:50:16 PM

Interested in the 3 Hynobius okiensis that I have at all?

Thanks,
Ralph

San Bernardino CA

Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 10:44:22 -0800

Hi Ralph,
That sounds good to me. Would you accept a postal money order? They'd be shipped via overnight delivery then, correct?

Thanks,
Jake

Sent: Saturday, January 5, 2008 12:46:34 AM

Hello,
They are in fine health. Feeding well on little crickets. I can do $300 shipped for them no problem. Sorry for the delay in replying due to the holidays. Let me know.

Thanks,
Ralph

San Bernardino CA

Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 21:34:01 -0800

Ralph,
I can give you $300 for the group including shipping on the group, as long as they're still in overall good health.
Let me know what you think.
Thanks,
Jake

To: axolotl_jake@sbcglobal.net
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2007 12:46:14 PM
Subject: Message about: Japanese salamanders Hynobius tsuensis RARE RARE RARE in USA also

Jake,
Make me an offer. What's on your mind?

Thanks,
Ralph

EMW ( East Meets West )
San Bernardino CA

NOTE: This message was sent to you via the Kingsnake.com Classifieds.
If you feel this message is fraudulent or abusive please forward it
to classifieds@pethobbyist.com.
NOTE: DO NOT flag this message as SPAM/JUNK as your ability to receive
legitimate messages from Kingsnake.com Classifieds may be compromised

Hi Ralph,
I was wondering if you still have all 6 of the H.tsuensis left, and if
you could do a group deal on the whole lot of them. Please let me
know.
-Jacob Bidinger

----------------------------------------------
Click on (or cut and paste into you browser's
location window) the URL below to view the ad that
this message is in response to.

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?de=554289&cat=14

Old 01-19-2008, 03:26 PM   #36
varnyard
Thanks for the emails, you do have proof you supported a known scumbag, after knowing he was one. Congrats, you made the do not deal with list.

Old 01-19-2008, 04:14 PM   #37
axolotl_jake
Thumbs up

Dangit Bobby! Don't congratulate me without giving me one of those hard core metals! lol

I wouldn't want to deal with anyone here any ways, you'd probably take care of my animals wrong and blame their death on me.

Have a great day!

Old 01-19-2008, 04:48 PM   #38
ravensgait
You know we really need to have an idiot icon that we can attach to people like this Buttwheat.. Jacob believe me you wont have to worry about most the members here buying anything from you and heck anyone doing a search on you will have this thread pop up. I wonder how many of them will want to do business with you !

Well at least we have this for Jacob but it would be more accurate if the legs were blown off at thigh level. Randy

Old 01-19-2008, 05:22 PM   #39
BryonsBoas
Quote:
Cool I appreciate that. Its actually 2 people that have a problem and a whole bunch of 2 cent givers. 1 has a valid reason the other could kiss my butt. lol I have more good than bad so I let people make their choices. My site also has a feedback section if you wouldn't mind.

Thanks,
Ralph

San Bernardino CA
I can guess which one of the two i am in his reference. That being beside the point for a minute , it still leaves one person that HAS NOT received what they paid for.

It doesn't matter if the guy or gal has a thousand great deals , as soon as they have one that goes wrong then they really have to step up to the plate. In this case the wrong deal , according to Raphael , is the one that he has not shipped. In the eyes of everyone that has a sense of decency , morals and good ethics , that would be considered theft.

With that said , you have supported a thief. I guess the " more good than bad " was what swayed you since you took the risk of buying from someone that HAS stolen money from a customer. Judging by his e-mail and his actions , to this point Raphael still has not bothered to make his theft right.

As for me , sending a sick animal is by no means right or proper. The weak ass excuse of "No I dont because that add the animal was in clearly stated that I had only had her for a short time." is crap and always will be crap. He stated in the same ad that the animal was healthy but it wasn't. No decent seller would sell animal under their name sick and pop off with some weak ass excuse. A good and decent seller would fix the problem , no if ands or buts. Thats the way of good business. A good and decent seller also wouldn't drop lines of communication once the animal has been received. The lines would remain open in the event of a problem.

Since he has sooooo many other deals that went fine , I'm guessing you judged him by those only and not by the way he handled the two that didn't go great. You ruler that you measure with is broken. A man or woman should be measured fully , by the good and bad , and your yardstick came back flawed.

I for one would look harder at how someone dealt with the bad deals. If those problems were left open and the seller refused to settle them in any manner that is appropriate , then I would find another seller that has what I want. Feel free to stand up for those lie , cheat and steal. They need people like you to pay their rent.

Also , feel free to not buy from anyone here that has far better ethics than yourself. That just leaves more good , well represented animals from good , ethical people available for those who choose to give a damn about who they buy from.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:45 PM   #40
axolotl_jake
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensgait
Jacob believe me you wont have to worry about most the members here buying anything from you and heck anyone doing a search on you will have this thread pop up. I wonder how many of them will want to do business with you !

If someone has read this thread they'll see that I took a risk buying from someone who has had a couple negative deals. That doesn't reflect in any way how I do business, when someone wants salamanders and they die in the mail from delays of delivery, I replace them. If someone orders eggs from me and there is an abnormal amount of duds I send them more at my expense. Ask anyone I've done business with, I'm sure you won't find anyone who feels like they got gyped. In fact, if they prove they'll take above average care of the animals, I'll sometimes send them for the price of shipping.

All of you just think about the money, it isn't about the money, it's about the love of the hobby, which you've clearly lost to the wind a while ago.

By the way, crying over spilled milk doesn't clean it up. If you spent $200 on something from him and are that pissed about it, then get yourself a ticket to Cali and deal with him in person, don't just gripe about him and everyone he's dealt with on web forums.

Have a great day!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!