Raphael Mendoza ( bad animal post ) - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-28-2008, 03:15 PM   #61
MrClownLoach
Dan,

My experience in this business is limited, to say the very least. So please, forgive my ignorance. But you're saying if I had researched a person, saw that they had say.... 2 negative reviews but 15 positive reviews and I chose to buy from that person, that makes me an irresponsible consumer?

Old 01-28-2008, 04:26 PM   #62
David Reid
I find it depressing how many people will buy from someone who still owes several people money from bad deals. Buying from these people simply allows them the funds to purchase additional animals, to sell to unsuspecting people, who may or may not get what they paid for.

THERE ARE TOO MANY GOOD GUYS OUT THERE TO EVEN CONSIDER DEALING WITH THE BAD ONES.

Dave

Old 01-28-2008, 04:35 PM   #63
MrClownLoach
I'm not even talking about Mr. Mendoza now. I prefaced my last post making my ignorance in regards to this business known. Even the best of businessmen and women have their share of negative reviews. Would someone having a handful of negative reviews and a lot of positive reviews deter you from buying what they are selling? If that was the case, I would never be able to buy anything off of ebay or anywhere else for that matter.

Old 01-28-2008, 04:37 PM   #64
MrClownLoach
Also, please don't mistake my posts as defending or endorsing Mr. Mendoza in anyway. I do not know him and probably wouldn't buy anything from him.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:59 PM   #65
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClownLoach
I'm not even talking about Mr. Mendoza now. I prefaced my last post making my ignorance in regards to this business known. Even the best of businessmen and women have their share of negative reviews. Would someone having a handful of negative reviews and a lot of positive reviews deter you from buying what they are selling? If that was the case, I would never be able to buy anything off of ebay or anywhere else for that matter.

I guess that would depend on what you call a bad review. If you pay for something and the seller never ships it, well, I wouldn't cheapen it by calling it a bad review. It is outright theft. If I had knowledge that a member of this community has been ripped-off in that manner there is noway I would support such a seller. Mr. Mendoza could have taken the time to fix this if he he had chosen.

This is his response.

Quote:
Cool I appreciate that. Its actually 2 people that have a problem and a whole bunch of 2 cent givers. 1 has a valid reason the other could kiss my butt. lol I have more good than bad so I let people make their choices. My site also has a feedback section if you wouldn't mind.

Thanks,
Ralph

EMW ( East Meets West International )
Please feel free to look at our site below!
www.emw-international.com
San Bernardino CA

No, I have zero reluctance stating that I would have a probably doing business with someone who never ships what was paid for. I'm sure you would appreciate it as well, if it happens to you.

To chalk it up to
Quote:
lol I have more good than bad so I let people make their choices. My site also has a feedback section if you wouldn't mind.

is enough for me. He knows he ripped someone off, pretty much states it. And states he is going to get away with it because he has more good feedback than bad. He never once mentioned he was going to fix it.

Yep, certainly someone I personally would have trouble doing business with. I can't understand the people who would. It just amazes me.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:15 PM   #66
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Dan,

My experience in this business is limited, to say the very least. So please, forgive my ignorance. But you're saying if I had researched a person, saw that they had say.... 2 negative reviews but 15 positive reviews and I chose to buy from that person, that makes me an irresponsible consumer?
Michael,

It's clear that you are not endorsing RM here. To answer your question there are lots of sellers that have had bad deals. But they took care of them and started anew. Yes, it takes time to mend a tarnished reputation but it can be done. In this case RM has not delivered merchandise that has been paid to him. That sort of action has just one name.

So it depends on how the two negatives were resolved. In esence none of them were, which leaves us with "unfinished deals". Now, the question is why in the world will someone take the risk to buy from an individual with such a history. Then say it's for the good of the hobby when in fact was because they were half priced. Aren't there any other vendors that one might choose to support over him?

There are people that have for sale animals I would have liked to purchase but I always try to check them in the BOI first. If they have wronged one of my acquanintances here I will pass. Name it solidarity if you will but that's the way I feel about it. Am I more responsible than you? No, just a different approach.

Let's put it in another context you might be more familiar with, salamanders. Let us suppose there's a guy well known in the amphibian world for selling sickly axolotls or even not delivering them to a friend of yours after he sent his money to him. Now this guy offers a couple of nice looking animals for half price, would you buy them? What would you tell your friend after he asks you where did you get them?

Regards,

Old 01-28-2008, 07:26 PM   #67
MrClownLoach
Fair enough. But my other question would be as to why people are making such a fuss over one of his animals dying before shipping. I thought that was honest of him to come out and say that as opposed to lying about it. Wouldn't that be something you would want to know?

Old 01-28-2008, 07:38 PM   #68
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Fair enough. But my other question would be as to why people are making such a fuss over one of his animals dying before shipping. I thought that was honest of him to come out and say that as opposed to lying about it. Wouldn't that be something you would want to know?
Simple, it means that there was one animal of a group that died. The reason? Unknown. Could the rest be carrying something contagious? Who knows. I wouldn't buy an axolotl from a tank where one is found dead floating in...In this case "the price was right" (half) so he decided to take a risk. Not for the love of the hobby...just because they were cheap...

Old 01-28-2008, 07:52 PM   #69
The BoidSmith
I'll give you one personal experience. A friend here once offered me a free ball python because it wouldn't eat and didn't look very good. Now, that was cheap! you might say. I didn't even pay for shipping! That was a big risk I took. The animal had to be in constant quarantene and after several weeks didn't make it. That was a risk I took because I had other animals at the time. But the desire to do something for the animal and try to bring it to health was greater than my reasoning (I should have refused). It was not my desire for a cheap deal but to do something for the animal. Let us suppose that in this case Jake learned about some problem animals RM had, and decides to take them of his hands to bring hem back to health. Let us suppose he doesn't even pay for them thus they are even cheaper than half price. The situation changes drastically, he is doing this for the sake of the animals. But coming here and boasting that he "took a risk" and got a good deal out of RM by purchasing animals at half price...well that was a different story.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:11 PM   #70
MrClownLoach
Well I understand about why you wouldn't want an animal from a tank that was in with other sick animals. But I was just saying that Mr. Mendoza didn't have to share that information. I do understand where you are coming from though. *Sigh* I should have stayed soley a dog person. =)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!