So you like hybrids??? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization

Notices

Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization General discussions about the science of genetics as well as the ever changing face of taxonomy. Issues concerning hybridization are welcome here as well.

Old 04-20-2005, 11:05 PM   #11
cthulhu77
Uh, I am actually quite happy with the work I am doing with animals...thanks for asking about what you have no clue about though...
As far as the trolling comment goes, didn't you somewhat set yourself up here?
Wow. You have a pair of different species mating. Wow. That is sooo cool. You must be really important.

Does that make your pathetic ego feel better???
go listen to your Britney Spears CD again.

greg

Old 04-20-2005, 11:13 PM   #12
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by themselves
actually im not on a power trip, and im not trying to stand out in producing borneoballs,

so if you actually read all of this, is what im doing really wrong? am i causing a crime against nature? i dont think so.

jeff
Let me give you credit for minimal intelligence because that is all I've seen evidence of as yet.

I think you ARE trying to stand out and I suspect that you know all about how this issue divides people. Then again, perhaps you are dumb as a turnip. But, since I've given for minimal intelligence I'll stick with the theory that you are smart enough to know that opinions are polarized, and I won't even explain what the big words mean. This time.

It seems that you ARE trying to incite some argument here. Why? If you don't care what anyone thinks of what you are doing, why are you so antagonistic? If you think what you are doing is soooo cool, why do you seek affirmation? I ask NOT for my own knowledge, I truly don't care what you do so long as you honestly represent your animals, but so you yourself can ask yourself the questions I have posited.

Here's some unasked for advice. Do what you want, take pride in it regardless of what ANYONE else thinks, remain honest and make yourself happy. The rest is just poking the bear with a stick, fun until the bear wakes up and kicks your ass and eats your head. Is THAT what you're looking for?

Old 04-21-2005, 05:38 AM   #13
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by themselves
its not like i asked you personnally to come over and shoot me down. its not like i asked your personnal opinion about what im doing,
Actually you did request personal opinions with your title of this thread:

So you like hybrids???

You see those 3 squigglies with the dots under them you put at the end of the subject? (< theres one too) Those are question marks, which imply you were looking for input and opinions on the subject. I believe this type of punctuation was covered in grammar school.

Old 04-21-2005, 05:59 AM   #14
Lucille
Jeff,

Out of curiousity I went and looked through your post history. The last four posts you have put up here on Fauna have been about hybrids.
I get the distinct sense that the posts are like lightning rods, designed to draw controversy; and yet you seem so defensive when you get the anticipated results. What's up with that?

Don't turn into one of those sad one note people who spend their entire lives defending one little issue. Sure, people have feelings about hybridization one way or another, but you are getting your knickers in a knot about it and as against all the other issues you could spend your energy defending in this world, this is insignificant stuff, small potatoes.

Unless of course you have the soul of a troll and just enjoy controversy.

Old 04-21-2005, 10:35 AM   #15
LakesideBoas
One good thing that has been done is some older threads have been brought to the top and I have been reading some well-written responses by some people I respect greatly due to their impeccable reputations and their propensity for not getting into pissing matches on this forum.

I guess I was kind of on both sides of the fence and reading those posts has helped me develope a firmer and more informed opinion...quite the opposite of the wishy-washy one I used to have.

Even though Jeff may have started out trying to wad everyone's undies some good may have come out of it. I now know more than I did yesterday. Everyday one learns something is not ever wasted.

Posting in multiple threads and tooting your own horn to the exclusion of all others is not a way to either get your point across or make new friends and influence people, Jeff. It does get you attention and perhaps that is what you were after. Negative attention is still attention. My children used to do that when they were little.

Old 04-21-2005, 06:05 PM   #16
themselves
i admit defeat, i understand that some people dont like hybrids and that some love them, and you cant tell someone something that they dont want to hear, and you cant teach someone something they dont want to learn, and i guess there are alot of ignorant people in this world, so ill admit that ive learned im one of them. but thats what makes the world go round, differences so i guess most of are right if you consider me ignorant because i rereading alot of my post found some of it very drastic and ignorant just to make a point, i guess im basically the propogandist, not you all. i was just being so opinionated about the subject that i made a fool of myself. i hold nothing agianst any of you for having your own opinions. and all of your thought provoking words have made me think about the whole subject in a whole, not just from my side but yours too. so i guess ive learned some sort of a valuable lesson about myself, that i contradicted myself. we all learn something new everyday.

Old 04-21-2005, 08:55 PM   #17
cthulhu77
That, sir, is possibly the most egotistical apology I have ever had the displeasure of reading...
So, we "all" are just too dang ingnorant for your sort of "highbrow" justifications for breeding two animals that would never mate naturally???

Wow. and again...Wow. You take the cake as being number one D*ckhead in my book, replacing Peruvianfanatic, which does take some doing...congratulations!

I only wish you and Adam would procreate, that way I could loathe two birds at the same time....

greg

Old 04-21-2005, 08:57 PM   #18
cthulhu77
p.s.
that will teach ME to get mad and type to fast..."ingnorant"??? Jeez...hold on, I need a cold beer...long day of doing nothing but art...(I know, so boring)

Old 04-22-2005, 12:24 AM   #19
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthulhu77
That, sir, is possibly the most egotistical apology I have ever had the displeasure of reading...
So, we "all" are just too dang ingnorant for your sort of "highbrow" justifications for breeding two animals that would never mate naturally???

Wow. and again...Wow. You take the cake as being number one D*ckhead in my book, replacing Peruvianfanatic, which does take some doing...congratulations!

I only wish you and Adam would procreate, that way I could loathe two birds at the same time....

greg
Now now Greg, this guy is NO WHERE near the eogtistical buttwad that mikey wimpypole is, at least not as far as I'm concerned. Afterall there seems to be the remote possibility of the slight chance of a miraculous occurance with THIS guy and with mikey, he's dumb as a sunburnt turd and ALWAYS will be.

I do agree though that as far as appologies go that one sucked. It's a shame that most folks think that they personally are the pinnalce of the intelligence pyramid when in fact they're just one of the base blocks like the rest of us.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!