Bad Guy Francesco Munoz of MOC Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-26-2017, 10:58 AM   #1
Kodyr113
Stop! Francesco Munoz of MOC Reptiles

For clarification's sake first, my name is Kody Ross.

I had a poor experience dealing with MOC Reptiles. I came across 1.1 Uroplatus Sameiti posted on their page online. I was immediately interested, and so I messaged them directly. I was told that the animals were still available, and after asking some questions about specifics, I began to make arrangement for the payment. Suddenly, I was told that the animals had already been bought. I had been in contact with them over the course of a day since they posted the animals for sale, and I was never once told that there was anyone being talked to about them, much less that they were apparently given preferential treatment. Without apology, I was told that two U. sikorae were instead available for me. After calming down, I tried to leave a fair, but honest review on their page, so that others might be aware of their business dealing beforehand. My review was promptly (within a few hours) deleted, and they instead had a falsified 5 star rating, with a single 4 star left as well. I have been up front with all I've done in regards to them, even telling them that I would instead be leaving my review here, where things are kept fair and honest. I will upload my records of the conversation, as well as my deleted review. In my *opinion*, selling an animal out from underneath an in-progress deal is extremely shady, as is removing a review so that no one knows of your poor business practices. Thank you all, for reading my warning about this company.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:07 AM   #2
snakesareawesome
What you fail to understand is people constantly say they are purchasing "for sure" and then disappear never to be heard from again. As a result, the vast majority of sellers with any experience at all go with a money in hand policy. That is to say a deal is never done until you've actually paid and unless some reservation has been agreed upon those animals remain up for sale.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:28 AM   #3
Kodyr113
I completely understand that. However, is there any legitimate reason that they couldn't have been up front with that information? Is there any reason to withhold that practice? The act of discussing a deal with multiple sellers is indeed common and understandable, but dishonesty about it comes across as sketchy. As I said, I will upload pictures of my experience here, but I must wait until I can do so on my computer. Stringing someone along is not acceptable, especially when the dealer is asked specifically that.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:48 AM   #4
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodyr113 View Post
I completely understand that. However, is there any legitimate reason that they couldn't have been up front with that information? Is there any reason to withhold that practice? The act of discussing a deal with multiple sellers is indeed common and understandable, but dishonesty about it comes across as sketchy. As I said, I will upload pictures of my experience here, but I must wait until I can do so on my computer. Stringing someone along is not acceptable, especially when the dealer is asked specifically that.
It is the usual default whether stated or not for anyone experienced as a seller. Unless I am promised payment by a certain time and agree to that window or unless I outright say I am holding it for a person (and that rarely happens), then a buyer can come along and secure the animal while one or more prospective buyers are gathering information or gearing up to pay. Fortune really does favor the bold. It is also smart as a buyer to do one's research before a purchase, but those are the factors being played against one another if the object of desire is in demand. For add-ons, take your time. For project-critical purchases, being decisive tends to carry the day unless a person is fine with waiting for a nebulous later time for the next opportunity.

A person has a handmade vase on the shelf of the store portion of his/her artisanal workshop. One of a kind. A guy comes in daily to ask about it. He appreciates the vase. Appreciates its craftsmanship. Internally, he may be gearing up to buy it. Asks about the techniques employed on making said vase. Comes in to find the vase is not on the shelf later that day. Dismayed. Asks what happened. Gets told a buyer fancied its appearance and paid for it. Took it home as the natural consequence of buying it. The guy feels a sense of loss. Totally normal. The artist appreciates this, but it was not on the shelf only to be admired. It was on the shelf to sell. Everybody needs to eat. Admiration does not fill a bank account.

Old 11-26-2017, 12:30 PM   #5
Lucille
Quote:
I completely understand that. However, is there any legitimate reason that they couldn't have been up front with that information?
There are several legit reasons. The first and most obvious is that there may not have been any communications with the seller besides yours for the past days, it may be that someone showed interest and then purchased the critter within a few minutes late in the game.

The second, is that sometimes buyers feel that if they are told others are looking, that is just a ploy to make them buy.

Really, unless the seller specifically agreed to hold, or to hold with a deposit that was paid to him, or were fully paid for, there are no expectations that the critter is going to be held for you or that other possible customers need to be discussed.

Old 11-26-2017, 01:48 PM   #6
Lucille
Quote:
and they instead had a falsified 5 star rating, with a single 4 star left as well.
Can you please show proof of how you knew the rating was falsified?

Old 11-26-2017, 02:13 PM   #7
RaceSanchez
In my Opinion, I don't see the justification for starting a thread on anyone let alone- Moc Reptiles. Inquires and animal sold are two entirely different situations! Things of this sort, happens all the time. Back and forth with different customers, answering questions, weather, payment method, shipping dates etc. etc. is part of the business- until the animal is sold!

This particular read/situation has happen to me several times. When i was told, the animal has sold, I was not upset because, I never sent payment. Unless i missed something on prior post's, I don't see how the animal was sold from underneath ya' = )

Mario.

Old 11-26-2017, 06:04 PM   #8
Snake-Queen
How many messages back and forth are we talking about? Over what span of time?

Was this on their website with a purchase now option or FB?

Old 11-26-2017, 07:21 PM   #9
exoticsdr
If I had a nickle for every time I took the time to ask just one more question before pulling the trigger and ended up losing a deal because someone else KNEW they wanted it worse than me. Unfortunately, you snooze, you lose.

Old 11-26-2017, 08:20 PM   #10
Bbcatcher
I can understand the frustration; however, as the others have said, it is common practice. The phrase "money talks, and BS walks" applies in business. If there was not an agreement for them to wait until you were able to purchase the animals, can you blame them for selling the animals, after all they are a business and they do want to make money.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
uroplatus