Beware of Sara & Michael Clark, BAD GUY - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:15 PM   #31
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairo
Here ya go! I'll go one step farther for ya.

Call this number, and be very careful what you say to these people or you may find yourself in hot water.... want proof????

Huh?

Here....(321) 633-2024 Officer Olsson. Go on, then call me a liar with their pictures and their report.
Hey whackadoo, find myself in hot water for what? Am I calling home land security or the secret service? Its animal control for christ sake. Are they going to pay me a visit and send me to Guantanamo for asking questions about some crazy chicks dead reticulated python?

See what I mean folks? The reality is that this chick is absolutely 110 percent out of her bean.

She makes for great entertainment though.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:17 PM   #32
Kairo
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
With all due respect, Pam - is their report going to say anything other than they picked up a dead snake?

I'm curious about something else - you mentioned that the shipper said they used a white box, and you received a brown one. Could the label have been removed and placed on a different box? It looks like it was prepared online & printed by them (as opposed to being a UPS stick on label), so there should be signs if it was removed.
Actually there is the date (next morning) pick up on the report. As well as Reticulated Python, ummm there is a well looks to be an ID number and the officers name as well. I am sure i can get more. I needed this fast today faxed to my bank for my cc. The officer who came out took pictures, and asked questions as well as took notes. And actually i called that evening to animal services after some emails to Sara, and they came out very early the next day to pick up the snake.

So i think it's more of a rough draft perhaps. I will do my best to find and get more info. I know them well and i am sure they will work with me. I gave the full report about what happened.

As for the label. Sara described it to the tee. It's her color and her label. It's on with packing tape and still on. Looks like a rather quick job, kinda not even, but she did admit she had to drive far to UPS and asked the girl wheb she got there if she made it in time for the package to go out.

That's all i know about the looks of label. And yes... Sara said she makes her own labels for her business, because she uses UPS for her business. THe color is what she described, kinda pinkish.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:19 PM   #33
LauraB
Ok, am I to understand they put a live snake into a plastic bag, knotted the plastic bag, then put the plastic bag into a pillow case and then into the box?

Is there a pic of the dead snake INSIDE the plastic bag? Obviously, if you pulled the plastic bag out of the pillow case, it was apparent the snake was already dead.

Also, the Animal Services report doesn't show important details like the date, for instance. And yes, a closer NON-blurry shot of the address label is important as well.

There's only one reason anyone would realistically put a snake into a plastic bag first, then into a pillow case ....

Otherwise, it makes no sense whatsoever.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:43 PM   #34
Kairo
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB
Ok, am I to understand they put a live snake into a plastic bag, knotted the plastic bag, then put the plastic bag into a pillow case and then into the box?

Is there a pic of the dead snake INSIDE the plastic bag? Obviously, if you pulled the plastic bag out of the pillow case, it was apparent the snake was already dead.

Also, the Animal Services report doesn't show important details like the date, for instance. And yes, a closer NON-blurry shot of the address label is important as well.

There's only one reason anyone would realistically put a snake into a plastic bag first, then into a pillow case ....

First, no! There are no pictures of that snake in that plastic bag. As soon as we opened that box and seen that bag my nails dug into the darn thing ripping the side.
Also, i pretty much had a sick feeling when the UPS guy handed me the box. The darn box was far too warm. Then when i seen nothing about an animal tagged on the box i was really worried. Then i closed the door and you can smell it. I said to my roomate i need to get him out of this hot box quick and wash wash it down it went to the bathroom. And indeed it did. Now i don't know when a snake dies will it let out but this one was very wet, and some of it was kinda dry urates. The pillow case was so HOT! the plastic bag was very hot, and i can't say if it was wet or dry. I was tearing it open as i was running to the tub with my roomate. I guess i expected (before i opened) a very hot snake that may need some cooling. But when i ripped that bag he was dead. I still tried to rinse and see if it could come back if there was any breath... call me stupid, but i did everything i could think of with the smell and the dead snake. You can't think, you act, and act quick to save the animal.

And oh yes! Believe me, that snake was packaged in a plastic bag over the pillow case. Also that box was so small. How can you cram a snake 7' into a small box. Sara gave me dimensions of her box.... it was not even as high as the dimensions i gave her on this one. I mean???? YES, people do this.

Maybe she was very rushed, and forgot holes. She said the snake ate, and she did not want it to go to the bathroom. She told me it had a jumbo rat, but it should be fine. I even asked to wait until Friday to ship it. It could have been shipped sooner.

I mean talking on the phone with her and me being upset. She blames UPS, so why do i not get my money back... they wrote me in an email that i posted to ask! I have! I told her i did not want to slam their name. But after being ignored when i did tell them yes i want my money back i bought a dead snake, i never heard back.

She did not think for a moment it seemed that it was me, she blamed UPS.

I even tried to give her advice with UPS and contacting them.. she said she would get back to me. Nothing!

UPS just does not throw an animal in a bag... Why?

But people have made many mistakes in shipping. This i read too much of.

Sorry if spelling errors.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:54 PM   #35
Kairo
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB

Oh the date and time is on that report. My camera is going dead....
But please anyone feel free to call the number i listed. Officer olsson would probably be more than pleased to get to the bottom of this. This was indeed animal abuse. That snake suffocated!!! Too bad i am not in the same state as the seller. I was livid. Then animal control would have investigated them.

How many people ship UPS and this never happened???? Right.

I told Sara i think this was an accident pure and simple on their part. We talked she was rushed, and then had to go to the ER with someone, she rushed to UPS. She said the snake was moving around in the box that she got from her mother in law because she did not have a box for it.
AND... her mother in law works for USPS Sara told me.

Yea Sara needs to get on here. I want my refund. I want closure!

I hope she does respond to all this. This is pathetic.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:12 AM   #36
MikeCurtin
Quote:
Oh the date and time is on that report. My camera is going dead....
But please anyone feel free to call the number i listed. Officer olsson would probably be more than pleased to get to the bottom of this.
Right....becase that's the kind of publicity this community needs.

I skimmed the e-mails as they were not the easiest to follow, but can you refresh me on why exactly you called animal control instead of keeping this within the herp community?

Also, camera's dead...original report's at the bank (because I guess they don't have a copier )....something smells fishy.

Could you please post clear, concise, adequate proof, if possible? I'm not saying you're making this up or trying to pull a fast one. Something doesn't sit right, and it's better if everything's on the table so we can get to the issue at hand instead of a dozen pages of "prove it".

Old 06-24-2008, 12:18 AM   #37
critical bill
Quote:
First, no! There are no pictures of that snake in that plastic bag.
Alrighty then..end of story....nighty night. You've provided proof of absolutely nothing. For all anyone knows you placed that snake in a plastic bag and staged it. You're a big a attention seeker and a very negative presence in any thread that ever you've joined in here.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:24 AM   #38
critical bill
Quote:
How many people ship UPS and this never happened???? Right.
No, its actually how many people have ever put a snake in a breathable bag, like a pillow case, and then put that breathable bag into a plastic bag.

The answer would be....ZERO!

Not a single incident like what you describe ever posted in the history of fauna.

ZERO THREADS!

Old 06-24-2008, 01:21 AM   #39
LauraB
Pamela ...

Okay, so charge up your camera and take a photo of that box label. Charge up your camera and take a photo of that Animal Services report showing the date and time. You faxed the Animal Services report to your bank, so you still have the original.

It would be stupid of anyone to actually call Officer Whoever ... all they did was answer a call to pick up a dead snake.

Also, in looking back over the emails you posted on the first page of this thread, I see where you traded emails with the Clark's on Friday, 6-21, Saturday, 6-21 and Sunday, 6-22.
The first email you post is a response from them to you dated Friday, 6-21 at 21:04 PDT (9:04PM) where one of the Clark's tells you they are going to call animal control and tell animal control how they shipped and from where, etc.

What I don't see is your email to them from Friday, June 20 that elicited the response referenced above. Where is your email to them advising them of the DOA snake? Please post it along with headers and time.

Also please post the tracking number and the PayPal invoice you received from them prior to shipment. Dates and times are important and relevent in this case.

And yeah, I gotta agree with Chuck .. a DOA is not unusual. A DOA from shipping in a tied plastic bag certainly is! Crazy as it sounds, I'm not quite prepared to dismiss the DOA claim, though.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:04 AM   #40
kmurphy
It is possible the UPS opened the box and then repackaged it. If the sellers print their own labels then they must use plastic sleeves for shipping. This would make it very easy for UPS to cut the sleeve and put the label on another box. Maybe the box was crushed, or the snake was dead and already smelled, and UPS repackaged it, this would explain the plastic bag, the incorrect box and the correct label.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!