I very confusing customer issue "need help"" - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 02-07-2003, 01:43 PM   #11
HerpVenue
HUH?

Quote:
if we could add 2 juvenile albino leopard gecko females to the deal because she owed them to a friend in some other deal.
1) What in the world are you gonna force feed that newly arrived gecko for?
She probably broke its back or neck.

2) I thought she owed the geckos to a friend. what is she doing hanging on to it two weeks later?

3) She called you to tell you it was doing great. but she could not call you when it took a turn for the worse?

Old 02-07-2003, 01:44 PM   #12
HerpVenue
Nevermind.....
I just read the prior responces. What I said was already covered

Old 02-07-2003, 06:08 PM   #13
Freddy
I don't think terms have anything to do with this..... I also don't think what others feel you should do has anything to do with this....

I haven't done enough snake deals to speak about these things like I know it all but here are my thoughts.....

If money is your biggest worry then use your efforts to protect your money, something most of the posts here have addressed.

If however it is your reputation on the top of your list just replace the animal..... I doubt anybody would fault you for not doing so but if it costs you nothing and makes a customer extreemly happy that would be the route I'd choose.....

If you wanna meet half way, and this is maybe what I would offer because while it doesn't sound like it was your fault you never do know.... Anyway, offer here a replacement for 1/2 price.... In that situation everybody wins and feels good about the deal.... I would only do so though if in fact you did see a photo of the dead animal.....

Old 02-07-2003, 09:07 PM   #14
KNOBTAIL
how much more do you expect the

shipper to provide other than what he has already provided. Are you suggesting that every time their is a problem in order to maintain a "good name" replacement is the answer! And are you intimating that the terms of the agreement should be thrown out the window?

Just exactly when does the buyer become liable? Freddy, I dont know how long you have been or are even in the herp business, but in this particular case, the shipper owes nothing, and has no additonal obligation that what he already provided. Your post as altruistic as it may be , is not realistic considering that the buyer already indicated that the geckos arrived well. Who in their right mind attempts to force feed a Leopard gecko! Apparently, this buyer did not know what she was doing, nor should she even have any animals as far as I am concerned. As indicated in my earlier post, the shipper met his obligation, and the buyer has to assume full responsibilty for her own actions. JERRY TRESSER

Old 02-09-2003, 10:09 PM   #15
Golden Gate Geckos
Hi Nicole,

First of all, I wanted to tell you that the business I have done with you in the past has been great. Second, I have NEVER heard of a Leopard Gecko chewing off it's own tail. Third, you have a written guarantee in your terms, and you should stick by it.

It's a shame one of the little ones died, but don't worry about your business reputation... you have fabulous Leos at great prices, and your testimonials prove it!

Marcia McGuiness
"The Lizard Lady"
www.thelizardlady.net

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!