Boa morph questions - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-26-2012, 10:30 PM   #1
Snake-Queen
Question Boa morph questions

What makes a boa a jungle?

an aztec?

These 2 I don't completely understand. I know the motley, arab, sunglow, moonglow etc

Are they pattern morphs?

Old 07-10-2012, 03:33 PM   #2
KORBIN5895
I myself am quite curious about the Aztec gene. As for the jungle I believe it is a co-dominant pattern morph and it juices up the colors a bit.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:11 AM   #3
JCCS
The aztec is like the jungle, an incomplete dominant pattern and apparently color morph. The aztec tends to have that really thick circleback laddertail pattern that's really busy. The jungles have a tendency towards striping and other pattern malformations, but also have outlined saddles and the saddles tend to have a chocolatey coloration. Also, they tend to have golden color about them as they age.

Chris

Old 07-11-2012, 12:41 AM   #4
Snake-Queen
Thank you Chris. Guess I shouls have just called you with my questions.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:44 AM   #5
JCCS
No problem, Melissa. And feel free to call any time.

Chris

Old 07-11-2012, 12:47 AM   #6
AbsoluteApril
also keep in mind that there are sometimes issues with the super forms. Super jungles are thought to have fertility issues and super aztecs, if I remember correctly, neuro issues. I know that those issues are being worked on with outcrossing and I am not sure where they stand now. I know a super jungle female was bred but I believe she slugged out.

Old 07-11-2012, 03:32 AM   #7
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
also keep in mind that there are sometimes issues with the super forms. Super jungles are thought to have fertility issues and super aztecs, if I remember correctly, neuro issues. I know that those issues are being worked on with outcrossing and I am not sure where they stand now. I know a super jungle female was bred but I believe she slugged out.
Two Super Jungle females have been bred. One, I know for sure, dropped a litter of slugs and premature babies with one living premature baby named "Pipsqueak". Sadly, after about a year, he passed away. The second, I am not sure on, I believe it was in Europe and the female had full term offspring, but if they survived, I do not know.

I do know there seems to be an issue in Super Jungle males that keeps them from being able to wrap and enter the female properly.

I think they look pretty wicked and would not mind one just to have it, since viablity of the animal itself is not an issue (anymore, I guess there were some issues in the past). The fertility issue is secondary to me.

Old 07-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #8
AbsoluteApril
oh yeah! I forgot about 'Pipsqueak'! thanks!

I love jungles and hope to make some supers one day, they are ultimate eye candy to me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
aztec, jungle boas