pete perez, owner of Beyond the Web, how did you ship that sidewinder to adam? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-25-2004, 02:23 PM   #1
Wilomn
pete perez, owner of Beyond the Web, how did you ship that sidewinder to adam?

I am very curious about how this snake was shipped and pete has not been very forthcoming about answering.

Perhaps adam could provide some information on what carrier was used to deliver this snake. In fact, if he has truly turned over a new leaf and is not just blowing smoke up out kilts, this information being made public would go a long way in showing his sincerity for a positive change.

So pete, just how DID you ship that sidewinder?

Old 12-25-2004, 03:22 PM   #2
Chris@TSE
*Anxiously awaits answer*..................

Old 12-25-2004, 06:33 PM   #3
DAND
Wes you stole my suggestion/idea about starting a thread about Pete. I guess I waited too long to do it. Oh well, it's done nonetheless.

Well Pete, what's the answer? You stated in the other thread you were going to post a pic but you camera wasn't working.

Quote: 12-23-2004, 02:34 AM
Originally Posted by Beyond the Web
I was actually going to end this discussion by placing a photo of the Delta receipt, however, my digital camera is in non-working condition.

Then less than 12 hours later you are posting pics. Guess you got that camera fixed. Where's the aforementioned pic of the receipt?

Quote: 12-23-2004, 01:49 PM
Here's another package on the way via Delta.

[/

Why would you be using Delta now when you claimed earlier that you have multiple business accounts through three major carriers? Are we shipping more venomous even know you claim that you don’t sell venomous.

Quote: 12-22-2004, 11:25 AM
The only animals I ship, and am allowed to ship, are non-venomous reptiles and arachnids via DHL, FedEX and UPS. Go figure. I have a business account with all three carriers, I would not jeopordize my business by shipping venomous reptiles.

Quote: 12-23-2004, 02:34 AM
I not a Registered Shipper with the airline as my business remains for non-venomous reptiles.

Old 12-25-2004, 06:42 PM   #4
Chris@TSE
I love the dash tape on the deli container. That must prove something........ huh?

Old 12-26-2004, 05:33 AM   #5
Chris@TSE
Exclamation

He just posted the following in another thread.....
Quote:
I really don't know where to begin, but I am humbled and wish to make everything right - though impossible, I keep my hopes that it isn't too late to do so. I have not been able to sleep over this, either, and must say that I was wrong. My ignorance of the law is no excuse, and I wish that all of you can understand. A mistake was made on my part, and after throrough consideration with friends, family and local law enforcement officials who I trust, I have come to write this letter of apology to all who have been a witness to this incident.

I really would appreciate your forgiving character from everyone involved, and wish for my apology to the herp community be accepted kindly and with open arms. As an eager fauna enthusiast, I wish only to be part of the team instead of against the team. I guess you could say, and I must admit that I was wrong in the first place.

Considering the nature of the crime I committed, I should be arrested and fined - however, I leave this for the Lord to decide. It is a shame that I became this stubborn individual, and would not accept the correction. I hope that my admittance to my wrong-doing does not pave a way to incarceration, because honestly I cannot see myself in there. I appreciate my life, and my family too much to end up not being able to play with my 2 year old son or the ability to hold and kiss my wife.

I humble myself this late evening on Christmas Day to ask for everyone's forgiveness and acceptance - I am not perfect and never will be. I am extremely ashamed of myself that I see myself unable to continue in such forum, now that everyone knows the truth. This thread will only hurt me, so I wish that all of you can only advise me in a better direction.

I really don't know what the consequences of what I did will be, however, I only hope for the best and like the Lord said, the truth shall set me free. I cannot apologize enough, but I hope you all can understand my crime was unintentional. As a member of my church, and a believer of Christ I leave you with this: Forgive me, and the rest is for the Lord to decide.

I do not wish to be a violator, and I do not wish to be away from my family I love so much. Thank you for your time in reading this. God bless.

Old 12-26-2004, 06:27 AM   #6
cthulhu77
It is a good start, and he did avow that he had severed ties with Adam in another post...
greg

Old 12-26-2004, 09:15 AM   #7
evansnakes
Yeah great, another guy who takes it upon himself to jeopardize the rights of everyone in the business to ship animals, he endangers the life of people with the carrier and he brings more unwanted negative attention to an enormous problem that already exists, but all he has to do to make it better is throw around some mentions of Christ and Christmas and he is off the hook? Sorry. I am really sick of people doing whatever they want and then using religion as a back-door, get-out-of-jail-free-card. Just for once, be a man and do the right thing, take care of the problem, admit you were wrong, and DON'T use religion as a cheap way out of your mistakes. I also have a very hard time believing that he consulted with local law enforcement as he said he did.

Old 12-26-2004, 09:29 AM   #8
Chris@TSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by evansnakes
I also have a very hard time believing that he consulted with local law enforcement as he said he did.

If he did I seriously doubt he would have been so readily available to type that post....

I can see it now....

"Hi, I shipped a venomnous snake thru a normal air mail delivery carrier and not directly thu the airlines as required by law, not to mention I did it with absolutely no extra precautionary steps. I could have killed people and jeopardized many more. All of this is highly illegal.... I'll be going now. Have a Merry Christmas!"

Uh huh.... I bet thats EXACTLY what he did. I'm sure of it!

Old 12-26-2004, 10:51 AM   #9
Beyond the Web
Now look, I really want to this to be over. My intentions for that apology were and are good, I do have good friends in law enforcement as well, and my beliefs in Christ have lead me to admit my wrong and apologize for it. I know what the consequences may be, and I am prepared to have an officer inspect my place of business and my home. I had ONE sidewinder, I made the mistake of shipping it illegally and imported it to a state I now know cannot have venomous exotics. I should have researched before I made the mistake, I just wanted the venomous out of my hands. I did it unintentionally. I was unaware. I was ignorant of the law. My door is open to anyone for inspection because I have nothing to hide.

Old 12-26-2004, 10:58 AM   #10
nicolai
I for one applaud him..

Pete could have denied this thing forever and noe one could have proved him otherwise. This seems to be the one and only wrong doiing ( If I am wrong then post it ) on his part. Everyone on here said " he needs to admit what he did" and " he needs to appologize" well he has done both.
Pete is a respectable businessman that made a mistake, Everyone on here says that if you are a good business person then you have a obligation to make things right. How do you suggest he can make things more right than he has, or will most of you not be satisfied to you completely ruin his name, bring in more bad publicity to the herp community, run him out of business and put a end to the benefit shows he does for children.
He did what everyone wanted, Its now starting to look like a witchhunt. The are sellers and such out there "bearded pets" that do wrong on a daily basis and deserve being put out of business, But a guy that made one mistake.

Are there any of you that have never made a mistake? If so, through your name on here and see if the people of this forum can dig something up on you. And if one thing is found agree to letting this one thing be the downfall of you business.

If Pete does in fact do something like this again in the future that he will deserve what he gets, lets give him a chance.

Nick Bonn

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!