Ronlad Dieudonne "Rip-Off Artist" on the prowl... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-16-2002, 01:07 AM   #1
Arboreals of the Rainforest
Ronlad Dieudonne "Rip-Off Artist" on the prowl...

I am posting this here for a good buddy of mine and my web site designer Albert Pena. He "almost" got scammed by:

RONALD DIEUDONNE
4014 ROOSEVELT BLVD
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19124-3032
215-288-1241
email: CHAOS95@aol.com

Here is his story. Buyer beware.

Quote:
Hey everyone it's been awhile since I've posted but I wanted to make everyone aware of a guy who is trying to "trade" for a Chondro. His name is Ronald Dieudonne of Philadelphia PA. He contacted me saying that he wanted to trade and he had a laptop, other pythons and lizards and a dvd player he could trade. I tried to trade him for the laptop and we agreed on shipping at the same time as long as we provided each other the tracking #'s immediately.

Well on the day of shipping, he was shipping at 3pm our time and I was shipping at 7pm CST. That way the heat pack would have more time to stay active. Well he didn't provide me the tracking # until 9pm and I had already shipped. The tracking # was a UPS # and I looked it up and it wasn't a valid one. Then I called UPS and they told me it wasn't valid. I emailed him and he later sent me another one saying that he was sorry but it was sent USPS and gave me that tracking #. Again, a bogus #. I called the shipping company and put a cancel on delivery. My Chondro made it to PA but I am getting it back tomorrow. Hopefully still alive.

Now several people know me real well like Sony, Janet and Tim Bowles. And they know that I wouldn't EVER rip someone off. I've even helped others when they needed it. But this guy hasn't even responded to my emails now and needless to say the laptop didn't come in today like he said. This is just an FYI to help you if someone contacts you about trading for a Chondro. Below is his info. Sorry but I felt I needed to alert ya'll. Thanx

Albert

The dirty $#@%&*#@s info below:

RONALD DIEUDONNE
4014 ROOSEVELT BLVD
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19124-3032
215-288-1241
email: CHAOS95@aol.com

Old 11-16-2002, 02:18 AM   #2
The BoidSmith
He has changed his e-mail account, but there is another thread started on this person. Check the following link:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...&threadid=8954

Best regards,

Old 11-16-2002, 08:57 AM   #3
Neil Gubitz
AGAIN????

Tim.... do I REALLY have to say it again??? In the post the Daniel alluded to.... here was MY response..... which also applies HERE!!

Guys.... I just DON'T understand your problem??? Why are you so worried?? If this guy HAS what he SAYS he has for trade.... Tell him.... SHIP ME THE SNAKES! (or the Laptop), IF I LIKE THEM, I'LL SHIP OUT MINE! What the heck is so tough about that??
I don't care who the person is, what his reputation is, or if he has scammed 10,000 people already.... if HE SHIPS FIRST.... NOBODY WILL HAVE A PROBLEM??? Haven't you guys figured that out yet??
So, just tell him.... "Yeah, I'll do that trade! Ship your snakes to me, when I get them, I'll ship you mine!"
Sometimes, you folks make too much out of nothing.... if he refuses to ship first?? DUH!!! DON'T DO THE DEAL!!
But, DO NOT.... UNDER *ANY* CIRCUMSTANCES.... AGREE TO SHIP SAME DAY, SAME TIME! NO WAY, NO HOW!
NOBODY can possibly get hurt or scammed if you FOLLOW my suggestions....
Stick with me, guys.... I'll learn ya, yet!
....Neil

Let me just repeat one part....

NEVER EVER *EVER* SHIP SAME DAY SAME TIME!!!
If you were smart.... YOU'D TATTOO THAT PHRASE IN BIG LETTERS ON YOUR FOREHEAD!!

....Neil

Old 11-16-2002, 09:13 AM   #4
ms_terese
Surprise, surprise, the scrub python from li'l Ronnie that I'd mentioned in the other thread didn't arrive either, but we hadn't shipped anything to him.

Has anyone called Shirley, the woman whose name is listed on the phone? I'm certain it's his mother. If it were my kid, I'd want to know.

Terese Mansell

Old 11-16-2002, 09:14 AM   #5
Arboreals of the Rainforest
Thanks for the words of wisdom and no you dont have to say it again for my benefit but Albert could stand to see it

I do hear what you are saying Neil, but in this case it wasn't me.

Albert learned a very valuable lesson and wont make that mistake twice. He is relatively new in the herp world and hasnt had the expereinces that we all share. But he learns quickly and this board was forwarded to him as a learning tool for future deals.

Old 11-16-2002, 09:26 AM   #6
Neil Gubitz
Tim.... I realized that it WASN'T YOU we were talking about.... I also KNOW that YOU have (at least) HALF a brain in your head!! (lol)
It's just unfortunate that some people have to learn the HARD WAY, just because they see those proverbial DOLLAR SIGNS in their eyes! GREED will get you EVERY TIME!

....Neil

Old 11-16-2002, 10:38 AM   #7
The BoidSmith
What worries me the most is that someone sooner or later is going to fall for his lies (if they haven't yet).

Best regards.

Old 11-16-2002, 04:34 PM   #8
Boavoyage
It seems that is not his real name. His last name pronounces "Deal Done" and his email address pronounces "Ciaos." I don't think he stays around after his deal

Old 11-16-2002, 06:37 PM   #9
The BoidSmith
John,

That's his real name, his real address and his real phone number. The only thing that looks unreal, is the animals he claims to have for trade.

Best regards.

Old 11-16-2002, 11:44 PM   #10
Suncoast Herpetological
Unfortunately, while I agree that Neil's solution would prevent anyone from being ripped off, it also precludes any and all trades from occurring. Someone, obviously, has to ship first (or at least simultaneously) in any trade.

I think a more realistic scenario is to ask anyone you are trading with that is unknown to you to supply three references or at least one good reference that you already know. If they can't do that to your satisfaction, keep on walking. To make the statement that no one should ship first simply makes no sense.

John Schmitt

Suncoast Herpetological

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!