Proper caging - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-08-2009, 05:26 PM   #1
chondrogal
Proper caging

I am in the process of setting up an enclosure for an '09 C.ruber and currently have her safely housed in a large polycarb tub which will be fine for a few months. Would like to set up a zoo quality display with our local native habitat featured as well as the snake and am wondering what caging would be recommended by those experienced with keeping hots.

Not sure if it's appropriate to ask here, but my "reptile world" has been fairly small online and completely focused on arboreal pythons so would also be very happy to find a quality forum online similar to my "Morelia Python" forums for hot keepers. Any good referrals? Can pm me if inappropriate to post here.

Old 12-08-2009, 07:55 PM   #2
reticguy76
i think it all depends on what your means are, as far as how elaborate you wanna and, economically, you can go

Old 12-09-2009, 11:30 AM   #3
chondrogal
Thanks, mostly I'm hoping to find a pre-made cage (almost no building skills) that I can adapt to a nice desert vivarium set up with good lighting. Cost isn't an issue, whatever it takes to have a safe and real nice looking home for this snake. I would like to keep the enclosure portable and sized small enough to fit through doors here.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:50 PM   #4
reticguy76
ill tell ya, a nice 40 gallon aquarium can go along way, with creating nice eye candy vivarium type of set up, especially since humidity isnt a big need for these guys

Old 12-11-2009, 01:44 PM   #5
Tim Cole
I would suggest a 3ft or 4ft neodesha cage. High visibility, secure, light weight.

http://www.npicages.com/

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!