Inquiry boagirl from Napanoch NY - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:58 PM   #101
Sierra0101
No I wouldnt put it on here for privacy reasons. As long as you all are patient with me, I don't mind waiting either(:

Old 05-07-2012, 08:30 AM   #102
Morelia4life
Sierra, you have to understand that this is BOI. This is the very reason that BOI was created. If people don't trust someone, they bring it here and one way or another the truth will come out. There are a few people that believe you and a few that don't. If you aren't trying to scam anyone then you have nothing to worry about and if you are, (not saying that you are), then that will be found out as well. People on here can find out pretty much anything about someone else. It is the way that we protect ourselves. It is nothing against you but people get scammed and lied to everyday and we work hard for our money.

I myself, don't care if you are 16 or 66. If you are a decent person and you are selling something that I was interested in, then I would buy it as long as you are a decent person. As for selling the snake as something else, that is simply out of the question.

If you are going to start breeding and selling snakes then you have to get down the genetics of them. You just can't sell a normal as a pastel or XXXX snake as YYYYY snake. What is the project you are working on if you don't mind me asking? I am not familiar with NY laws but I thought pythons were banned there?? I don't know if you have to have permits or whatever. Can someone clear that up for me??

Anyways, I am glad you found a hobby in which you love and you want to breed reptiles. Just try to brush up on your genetics and business aspect of it and you should be fine.

Justin.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:51 AM   #103
FireStorm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morelia4life View Post

If you are going to start breeding and selling snakes then you have to get down the genetics of them. You just can't sell a normal as a pastel or XXXX snake as YYYYY snake. What is the project you are working on if you don't mind me asking? I am not familiar with NY laws but I thought pythons were banned there?? I don't know if you have to have permits or whatever. Can someone clear that up for me??

Justin.
I believe (I don't have time to look up the acutal law at the moment) that pythons are illegal in New York City but not in the entire state.

Shelly Wetterstroem

Old 05-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #104
ReptileGeek181
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStorm View Post
I believe (I don't have time to look up the acutal law at the moment) that pythons are illegal in New York City but not in the entire state.

Shelly Wetterstroem
You are correct, boas and pythons are prohibited in the city of New York.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:02 AM   #105
Morelia4life
So it is just the city of New York and not the whole state? Ok. I see. That clears things up for me.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #106
Boa_Morphs82
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStorm View Post

Shelly Wetterstroem
Boas and Pythons are illegal in NYC along with monitors. The rest of the state though has made ownership of the giant constrictors illegal as well. When this law changed you had the opportunity to be grandfathered in I believe within 60 days, which has passed many years ago. There is no permits issued for those who were not grandfathered in.

The list of illegal reptiles in all of New York is:
Reticulated Pythons
Burmese Pythons
African Rock Pythons
Amethystine Pythons
Indian Pythons
Anacondas

Crocadile Monitors
Asiatic water monitor
Nile monitor
white and black throat monitor

all venomous and all hybrids of the above listed.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:16 PM   #107
Dennis Hultman
I don't have a lot of time to go back and quote all the posts this morning that I would like to address but yes she did send her learner's permit.

There was a couple of posts that stated it shouldn't matter if "BoaQueen" is real or not. Well, it does here.

Look at it from a buyers or moderators view. You had a profile that you used to post ads. When the auctions started a new user profile was created with a different name from the same computer to list the auctions. Same birth date, same computer, different name. To any reasonable person it would look like you were trying to hide who you were. On top of that, the paypal account that people would use was also a different name.

That's why I think that it is important to know if the name on the user account (which prompted this thread) is real. Not yours.

As far as your account, There wasn't really any question if you were real or not. Days ago, I looked at several of your other postings on other sites, checked several email accounts that you created that aren't listed on this site. Checked your myspace, youtube etc.. The only question was if you were even 16. A lot of that had to do with what you posted elsewhere.

As it turns out you are. Does it really matter? Probably not but if you were younger I would have been in favor of helping you out by giving you a holiday from here before you got yourself into much trouble.

No age shouldn't matter but maturity sure does. I watched your retic video several days ago. When Laura posted a screenshot (yesterday or the day before) you deleted it. I think that video was very telling about experience and maturity. You sure do sound much, much younger than 16.

That's not necessary a bad thing. I have several children younger than you. People mature at different levels. My eleven year old can be much more responsible than my thirteen year old in many ways.

So, yes you are who you state you are. We don't know if the new account that was made from your computer is from a real person or not. At this point that account will remain banned.

I wish you luck and hope you find homes for your snakes. I also hope your interests grows and you learn more about this hobby and want to be a part of it in a positive way.

You need to know what you are selling, be truthful and learn.
Good Luck in the future.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:41 PM   #108
Fangthane
From this thread: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=314829

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorG525
reticulated pythons are illegal to own in New York state with out a permit
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoaQueen
I have a permit.
I'm not trying to pile-on, but.. Since the statement was made, negating any possibility of her claiming ignorance regarding the need for a permit, I think this should also be addressed. Can any proof be provided that shows she possesses this permit?

Old 05-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #109
ReptileGeek181
Can any proof be provided that she is a female?

Old 05-07-2012, 02:57 PM   #110
FireStorm
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptileGeek181 View Post
Can any proof be provided that she is a female?
Who? Sierra? Wouldn't sending in her driver's license count? Not sure anyone was questioning that in the first place, or why you ask, but the driver's license seems like proof to me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!