Bad Guy Andrew Potts- I want my money back - Page 31 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:33 PM   #301
DesertRat73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Potts View Post
Kevin will get a replacement 2011 male OT Hytec Parahet. Andrew
Does this mean you are going to take care of your end and then persue the other matter, or is this what he will get AFTER he"comes clean" to your satisfaction? I think it's important to distinguish your intent here.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:27 PM   #302
Robert Potts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat73 View Post
Does this mean you are going to take care of your end and then persue the other matter, or is this what he will get AFTER he"comes clean" to your satisfaction? I think it's important to distinguish your intent here.
Your right, Kevin will have to do the right thing. Andrew

Old 04-17-2012, 08:32 PM   #303
crotalusadamanteus
Oh brother. Here we go again.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #304
laterob
Robert, I am disappointed that this is the sword you choose to fall on. Posters here have OVERWHELMINGLY stated their opinion that you are in the wrong. It's not like it's 50/50 or 60/40. A small gaggle of people have taken the time to try to beat it through your skull that your logic is, at best, flawed. It's surprising to me that you posted what Diem (I think?) quoted you from that other thread.

I can't believe you've been shipping for 25 years and haven't figured out how to check the weather, either.

Kevin shouldn't have to do ANYTHING besides receive a comparable replacement or get his $$ back. The straws you are grasping at to defend your position are laughable.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:44 PM   #305
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Mr Castillo I applaud and commend your business I.Q. The high road is always the preferred route to take(although in some cases not the easiest) and in the long run will get you there faster in greater comfort.

Like some, I thought this thread was going to be a tuff one(considering the number of post in 2 days), but so glad that those involved were all above board. This thread should be a shinning example of how a resolution can be had by the people whom it concerns. Also a prime example of how important a consumer tool the BOI has been and always will be.

Chad, the reason he refunded the shipping is why Mr Castillo will have a long and lasting career in the reptile world. He's to smart a business man to nit pick concerning less than $100 and also understands that some actions reverberate much longer than other actions. Like you implied, he didn't have to refund but he did none the less because it was the right thing to do for this situation. As far as advertising goes, the shipping refund he gave ads 1000 times it's dollar value to his reputation.

In closing, glad to see both parties are satisfied with the outcome. Andrew

Yep, it was me. Here it is again because I think it got lost in the postings going on at the same time I threw it up.

Andrew, you really have to see the hypocrisy here.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:58 PM   #306
DesertRat73
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
you really have to see the hypocrisy here.

I agree, but it looks as though the only way this will get resolved is through legal action. Unless Kevin comes back on and straightens things out.
(I don't agree with that). Imo the refund/snake should be given and legal action pursued by Andrew. All his stubbornness has achieved is given them the legal upper hand. As I stated earlier in the thread, he's snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Hopefully Kevin will come back and address the comment he made about wanting the higher value boa and salvage this, but I have my reservations.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:04 PM   #307
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat73 View Post
I agree, but it looks as though the only way this will get resolved is through legal action. Unless Kevin comes back on and straightens things out.
(I don't agree with that). Imo the refund/snake should be given and legal action pursued by Andrew. All his stubbornness has achieved is given them the legal upper hand. As I stated earlier in the thread, he's snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Hopefully Kevin will come back and address the comment he made about wanting the higher value boa and salvage this, but I have my reservations.
Just as Andrew can speculate on what the motivation was behind Kevin, Sean and Connor, it can be speculated on why certain things were said.

Kevin makes that comment near the end of their conversations before the BOI comes up. At this point, Kevin has Connor and Sean, who are clearly taking advantage of the entire situation, likely convincing him this is what he deserves. Kevin is angry, just as Andrew is angry and he gives an ultimatum. It really is not that difficult to figure. If you are angry and you have people feeding into that anger and whispering in your ear, peer pressure is not that inprobable to cave into.

While Kevin has his own guilt in this scenario, just from speaking to him myself and seeing everything else, I believe he is a victim of his own ignorance and was easily manipulated by Sean and Connor. Whether or not he was aware of the manipulation enough to stop it remains to be seen, but regardless of if he demanded his money or a higher end animal it does not change the fact that Andrew made serious mistakes when shipping the animal and, as a result, that animal died. It is easy to get lost in the whole "well, someone attempted blackmail" issue, but it does not justify holding onto the money or holding onto a replacement animal until someone comes back to kiss the other person's in order to heal their ego.

A lot can be speculated on, and that is part of the problem, but the facts point to mistakes in shipping killing the animal and that really is the bottom line.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:08 PM   #308
Pasodama
Kevin Quote: "So this brings me back to my next point. I want my 4575.48 back or a Sharp Strain Albino Aztec."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Herpetological View Post
To everyone who says that the only coercion for a higher dollar animal came from Sean

The section in Bold above sure sounds like he was trying to squeeze a far more expensive animal out of the situation than he was entitled to.

I had caught that and, as with you, it raised a bit of suspicion that Kevin may, possibly, not be 100% innocent of the blackmail attempts. Either that or may have had, at the very least end, some small part with its coming into being (i.e. "banter amongst friends").
The problem comes with proving that Kevin was an actual participating party, in the blackmail attempts, if he, indeed, was.
Without proof, it lands square on on Andrew's shoulders to reimburse/refund Kevin in some form or another.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:12 PM   #309
Fangthane
Quote:
Your right, Kevin will have to do the right thing. Andrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Potts
Mr Castillo I applaud and commend your business I.Q. The high road is always the preferred route to take(although in some cases not the easiest) and in the long run will get you there faster in greater comfort.
Pride goeth before a fall. Your own hubris is the slippery slope upon which you tread, leading inexorably downward, from the high road of righteousness, into the depths of ill repute. Hypocrisy, indeed. Potts, meet kettle.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:20 PM   #310
laterob
So Kevin has to admit that he was involved in a blackmail attempt before you will allow him what he is owed? What happened to innocent until proven guilty? And speaking of blackmail, Robert....I believe COERCION is also illegal.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!