what kind of corn is this? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-10-2006, 03:18 PM   #1
Floydz
what kind of corn is this?

Hi i just bought this corn out of the local listings and the person i got it from was told from store they got it from that it is a female amber corn i know it looks nothing like the amber so i was wondering what kind it is. they told me it is about 6 or 7 months old and its around 2 feet long. it does have a little bit of dark but not very much.if anyone knows what kind of morph this is would love to hear what you think Thanks

Old 03-10-2006, 03:33 PM   #2
coyote
Looks like some variety of amel.

Old 03-10-2006, 05:23 PM   #3
Traci1
It looks like a type of Hypo, although it doesn't look like the standard Hypo A. I myself can't guess what type of hypo it might be, as I don't have any of the "newer" hypos in my collection. Are its belly checkers all solid orange? It is a gorgeous animal!

Old 03-10-2006, 07:38 PM   #4
starwarsdad
Looks like a really nice amelanistic to me.

Old 03-10-2006, 08:06 PM   #5
Floydz
ya all the checkers are solid orange she has a very nice looking belly i figured she was some kind of amel hypo but im realy not sure what kind because she is my first corn snake and i don't know much about the diff morphs of corns ..thanks to those who reply with there thoughts

Old 03-10-2006, 11:37 PM   #6
WebSlave
How about a closeup photo of the head showing the eyes from a few different angles? That might help. If it is an Amelanistic, then it will be easier figuring out what to mate it with. However, if it appears Hypomelanistic, there are quite a few incompatible strains that it could be, and it will be nearly impossible to tell you which strain it is.

Old 03-12-2006, 02:35 PM   #7
Floydz
heres the only other head shot i got thats not out of focus i will take a few more next time i take her out. i realy want to know what a good mate is for her.

Old 03-12-2006, 04:05 PM   #8
crazycorn
Considering you can see small amounts of dark pigement in the above photographs I believe it to be a Hypo, maybe a Crimson.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!