What's up with the web? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 04-04-2006, 07:24 AM   #21
Rebel Dragons
To the point, Paul. You can KMA. I'm not lying but once again you can insinuate that I am all you want. If you feel the need to watchdog me, go for it!!!

I'm not just going to sit back and avoid your anymore. The site I was referring to has a page very similar to mine and set up much the same way. Who knows it could just be mere coincidence since it's not 100% copied just the basics of it are. ONCE AGAIN, IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR SITE. But if you want to live your life in a state of paranoia over what I may or may not be doing, more power to ya. Prepare for the long haul, I'm not going anywhere.

My friendship with Wendy is certainly none of your concern either. We have been talking for months and months and will continue to do so if she chooses to continue calling me. Once again your sticking your nose where it doesn't belong. Par for the course. As far as our private messages go, I was expressing my opinions over some information I found out and thats the way it was. It happened weeks ago and as far as I am concerned it's water under the bridge.

LEAVE ME THE ALONE!!!

To speed that along I'm going to be doing something I should have done long ago. IGNORE you and your posts completely.

Old 04-04-2006, 08:16 AM   #22
The BoidSmith
Folks,

This is the General Business Discussion forum. Could we we try to maintain our interactions civil and professional?

Thanks!

Old 04-04-2006, 09:52 AM   #23
Dachiu
Stephanie,
I am not referring to any sites I have seen that you have published... and I'm not trying to lump you into the designers group that I was referring to. I realise that there are plenty of people out there that are willing and wanting to do the best they can for a customer and would consider you one of them.

The Dreamweaver program seems to be what many people are using and then they leave it at that - without any additional adjustments being made. The program will put together a really nice site - but sadly it converts text to images. No matter what search engine you submit to - there is no content to the page, just img tags - you will get a horrible ranking.
*This actually happened - A friend of mine is trying to get a business off the ground with a web site that has absolutely no content and wanting to know why after 6 months, the site is nowhere to be found on a search engine.

php - is cute for some of the little gadgets you can add to a site - especially for those who are doing their own web site and do not have the programming abilities.
I agree that a web site must be appealing to the 'surfer' to poke around and possibly return later... but it must also be well put together by the designer in order to be found in the first place.

OT - Thank you Boidsmith - Please guys, the nonsense can be taken elsewhere

Old 04-04-2006, 01:09 PM   #24
TripleMoonsExotic
Vicki, I was wondering what you meant by HTML dynamics. I had a inkling that's what you were referring to.

I use Dreamweaver to put together the design of my sites, and then also hand edit code within Dreamweaver. I have never had a problem with Dreamweaver converting text to image. Maybe those individuals are doing something wrong? Fireworks will convert text to image, which is why I only use it for header text and images, not the main body. I'm going to ask my programmer about Dreamweaver converting text to image, that's pretty interesting.

Also, thank you for the compliment.

As to Paul & Mike, I agree this isn't the place for such an argument. This is a very good discussion if it stays on topic. What you need to keep in mind is, pretty much everything that can be done has been done in the design world. Very rarely can you find something completely new and different. Everything you see today by designers has been done before in one way or another. I know it can be very discouraging when you put something together only to have it "ripped off." Try putting something together, not get paid for it and see it in use every day. Their is absolutly nothing wrong with Paul & Tere's sites looking so similiar. What do you think templates are? Looking at the two sites, I would think that they used the same template or were done by the same person. Mike, you could think of it as a compliment that someone took the time to duplicate you site.

Old 04-10-2006, 12:38 AM   #25
Matt Haines
Gah, I missed a page full of posts because this thread failed to show up in my "new posts" section. I have a quick question for anyone more versed in web design than I. What programs do you use to create either the pages themselves, Banners, or even some of the flash programs that are available?

Old 04-10-2006, 08:36 AM   #26
pasam
Now, ’I've seen some sites that are really crappy and also sites that look really cool with flash and other extras that “designers” have put together for people - that don’t have a child’s prayer of ranking anywhere in a search engine.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
I dont like flash sites because not everyone can open them, people on dial up the sites take a long time to load and the person usually leaves. I like a good clean site.

Here is one I am working on right now http://mysite.verizon.net/vzerzsnm/ No frills no fancy stuff just a nice clean site (IMO). Anyway thats all I have to say

Old 04-10-2006, 10:12 AM   #27
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Haines
Gah, I missed a page full of posts because this thread failed to show up in my "new posts" section. I have a quick question for anyone more versed in web design than I. What programs do you use to create either the pages themselves, Banners, or even some of the flash programs that are available?
I use all of these programs to complete a website...

- Photoshop
- Fireworks
- Dreamweaver
- Flash

Old 04-10-2006, 10:30 AM   #28
pasam
I am a retard I have Dreamweaver and flash and cant figure out how to use them LOL

Old 04-10-2006, 12:10 PM   #29
TripleMoonsExotic
AI Online offers a two year web diploma...Which will teach you how to use all of the programs properly (except for Fireworks, which is similiar to Photoshop).

www.aionline.edu

However, the web courses will not teach you design, which is essential for successful graphic/web design...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!