Eric Lee Phiefer Porr Businessman (elpkip@grics.net) - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-31-2003, 10:46 AM   #41
Wilomn
If he's buying and selling, he's brokering. Just like a real estate agent he is facilitating the purchase transaction transferring the ownership of these animals from one individual to another individual. He is not keeping them as a hobby, he has bought and sold them.

even, you previously stated that you were "sure" eric would be offended by some remarks made about orderlies. In the very next paragraph you state that you don't know him well, have spoken to him a couple of times, are not his friend, and have exchanged a dozen or so emails. HOW IS IT THAT YOU KNOW HOW HE FEELS THEN?

erics business practices are very poor at best. If he is so well edumacated as even says, he really ought to know better.

One last fact even, do you suppose, just for an instant, that perhaps you got better treatment because of the amount of money you spent? Is it within the realm of possibility that the more you spend the better your treatment becomes? HMMMMM I wonder......

Wes Pollock

Old 07-31-2003, 10:46 AM   #42
dqreps
Mickey...

Sorry to hear about your experience with Eric. First, i am the one who bought the albino male instead of you. I bought him and the het male also for the $2250 you had mentioned. I think Eric is a little suspicious in the way he conducts business maybe but i dont think he did this intentionally to you. What i mean is this... He has some very sought after, high priced animals on his hands, he bought from Nick for 10K. He got a good deal buy purchasing 6 albinos and 6 hets for this price. I think intead of buying them individually at a much higher price, Eric figured he would put the 10K down and then sell some off to get most of his money back and basically get the animals he has left for hardly nothing considering what they are worth. I think he may have gotten himself into a situation that was crazier than he thought. You got to take it slowly and comit, dont rush a seller unless he is being extremely slow at comitting himself.
When i orignally responded to Erics ad, it was for the albino female and het male. We emailed eachother a couple times and then realizing he was in a hurry to sell and someone might beat me to the punch, i quickly paypaled him the cash. I got an email right after i sent payment saying "They are sold". I then emailed him back telling him he said to send the money right away, so i did. He emailed me back and said they were mine. Then i got an email from Eric a few days later asking if i would be interested in the albino male over the female. I said sure thing since i have a couple SS albino females but no males, just hets. Well, Mickey, i assume that was the male you were gonna buy.
I cant say i have anything bad to say about Eric, he just got in over his head a little and made an error by letting you think the animal was yours, when it was promised to me. Sorry for your negative experience Mickey.

Dallas Quarles Reptiles

Old 07-31-2003, 12:13 PM   #43
Mickey_TLK
Dallas

I am sure you are right, however to do the same thing TWICE to the same person, is just bad business, plain and simple. And I am well aware of how badly other people also wanted thoosea animals, and that is why I pushed as hard as I did, and was willing to give him a second chance. I would have pay paled him also, but as I explained to him on a couple of occasions, I do not have a pay pal account. It would have taken me longer to set up a pay pal account, then it would have for the money to arrive. I also have no intention of opening another pay pal account, as I have promised my wife, this time around its cash only.

I do understand just how hectic it can be, especially with such desirable animals. Still I firmly stand by my post on his practices.

I am glad you got the snake Dallas. I had heard you were in the market for them also. I know it was a small group of animals, and a large group of buyers, and I didnt expect special treatment. However you said yourself, he tried to back out on you after a pay pal, and then changed your female to a male. No THAT IS BAD BUSINESS. Granted it worked out perfect for you, but had you need a female and not a male, what would you have done. Would you have spent 2250 on an animal you didnt want. You had allready pay paled him. Or would you have had to wait for your cash back. And if soo who covers the 3% (LOL sorry couldnt help but toss that in there.)

Either way, I am bumed I didnt get my way, but that is life...LOL

Hey Dallas, by the way, Keep me in mind on a sharp next season if you are soo lucky....LMAO

I figure If I tell the whole world now, maybe at somepoint someone will actually come through for me.

Mickey Hinkle
The Lizard King Reptiles

Old 07-31-2003, 12:19 PM   #44
Mickey_TLK
Hey Dallas

Can you do me a favor and rub it in some more. Please send me a pick of him when you get a chance, I would love to see what I missed.....LMAO

Good luck with him, atleast the snake ended up in good hands witht the best potential to produce more sharps for all of us.

Mickey Hinkle
The Lizard King Reptiles

Old 07-31-2003, 12:58 PM   #45
dqreps
Mickey, i will keep you in mind for next season. I dont know if i will be that luck but i have a 7Ft adult SS albino female and a 6Ft het male so we will see. I understand everything you are saying. Just to clarify one thing though, i previously told Eric that i would take a male so he was simply asking me if i wanted that instead. He did not push it on me, i asked for it. I just wanted to let you know that. Shoot me an email if youd like, i will send some pics.

Thanks,
Dallas Quarles Reptiles

Old 07-31-2003, 01:08 PM   #46
evansnakes
I know that I said I was done, but just a couple quick notes. Thanks for the emails Mickey. You are a class act. I really like it when people can straighten out their views the way I think we did.

Steve, your email is no longer blocked if you would like to contact me directly for any reason you are welcome to. Evansnakes@aol.com and I can also be reached through the email on my sites evanstahlreptiles.com and micbexpo.com. Thanks. Evan

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!