New Owner here : Wot can I expect from the brain of an ig? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-11-2005, 04:19 AM   #1
HMFindlay
New Owner here : Wot can I expect from the brain of an ig?

Wot does it think like? Does an ig have a brain like cat/dog where it recognises the owner and how to find its own foon and drink in the cage?.
And why it freaks out alot?! Does it think me as not his/her (too bad the guy at the shop told me the sex only be determined after 1+ years) owner but as a monster who wanna eat it? I notice it freaks out like a lunatic when i opened my mouth and show my tongue. Wot should I do when my ig freaks out?

Old 12-11-2005, 07:01 AM   #2
Lucille
Haffiez: I had researched into an iguana a while back and found several sites I liked, here is one and I think it helps answer your question:

http://www.triciaswaterdragon.com/igcare.htm

Old 12-11-2005, 01:17 PM   #3
beanster
Iguanas are capable of learning.My iguanas surprise me all the time with their intelligence.I know an iguana that learned how to open the water faucet and drenched the kitchen.I know an iguana that saved it's owner's life because his odd behaviour made them realize that the gas stove was turned on.My iguana has learned to open the sliding doos in the bedroom to sleep in the closet.Iguanas recognize people even after a long time.I petsit reptiles and igunas that I had cared for months ago know who I am.My iguana knows our cats and reacts different to strange cats.He knows when we come home blocks away and headbob as soon as we come through the gate.I could go on and on but ask around among long-time iguana owners and you would be surprised about the stories you hear.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!