Anyone dealt with Boca Reptiles? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-25-2004, 10:04 AM   #11
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Quote:
Originally posted by Neil Gubitz
Rob.... sorry, but I made a promise and I KEEP my promises.... I know he's been reading this thread, so if he wants to tell you, he will.... personally, I wouldn't blame him one bit if he never got on this thread (or any other) knowing the way he's going to be treated.... nothing he says will make any difference to any of you, all you're looking for is another battle, and I won't be the catalyst.... all he has to do is make the things that went wrong right, and then stay low-key and sell his animals the right way and not have to deal with any of you.... and I've told him as much.... if I can help the people he's wronged, I'll do my best to try, but I'm certainly not going to push him into the lions den just because you want me to.... you (Rob) should know me better than that by now??.... Think of me any way you want, but I take promises very seriously and I would never break one.... to anyone....

Neil
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...5&pagenumber=8

I will say this. Neil told me last week that Sal Tornambene (Upstate Exotics, Enclosures by Design, etc etc.) had moved to Boca around last month. Well, Last month a Person now selling under Boca Reptiles created their account with KS. Now we find out that the person selling from Boca Reptiles is named Sal. I personally feel this is the same person and now with Neil being evasive and not answering the question directly it seems to me that this is the same person. If it in fact is the same Sal he will be getting everything that he deserves and is coming to him from the customers that he has ripped off.

Old 02-25-2004, 01:20 PM   #12
W.Wedeking
I think everyone here knows my stance as far as Upstate/Enclosures by Design and any other name they have done business as. I have that same feeling in the pit of my stomach as you that this is another "business venture" by the same person/people.
Since there is still a slight chance (even if it is only .01%) that we all could be wrong, I would hate to think that the ugly reputation Sal and Alison earned for themselves, was attributed to someone else.

As for Neil, I think I have voiced my opinion very clearly as to what I think of him and have all along. I fail to see why people are so shocked that he is involved with the likes of people like Upstate/Enclosures by Design. It is very obvious that unethical behavior is an intrinsic part of his character. He simply cannot be trusted.

Old 02-25-2004, 01:44 PM   #13
The BoidSmith
Can anyone point me to the thread where Sal's divorce was brought into the dicussion? It is the one where Allison moving to ?? was also mentioned.

Thanks

Old 02-25-2004, 02:02 PM   #14
Ken Harbart
One thing that should be mentioned about Boca Reptiles...

A search of the FL Dept of State Division of Corporations database yields no results for that ficticious name. Anyone doing business under a ficticious name has to first file with the Div of Corporations.

As the ficticious name seemingly is not regiostered, it would be highly unlikely that this entity is licensed by FWC to sell reptiles in the state of FL.

Old 02-25-2004, 02:39 PM   #15
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Ken,

Funny you should bring that up. I contacted a friend of mine at Florida FWC today and there is no record of a "Boca Reptiles" being licensed in the state of Florida and there is no record of Sal Tornambene being licensed either. He is checking further into it and will pursue it to the finish. So if it is Sal Tornambene(from Upstate, Enclosures By design, etc.) is the same Sal that is selling as Boca Reptiles, he is in for a rude awakening when they find that he is selling without a license. (possible fines up to $500 per incident which could be each ad placed)

Old 02-26-2004, 12:43 PM   #16
BocaReptiles
ANOPEN APOLOGY TO ALL!!!

As the story continues.... This is Sal Tornambene from Upstate Exotics/Enclosures by Design.
First off, I would like to start with cudos for my good friend Neil Gubitz, and the best friend anybody could ever have. He has personally loaned me thousands of dollars to get me out of some pretty tight situations with some of my customers that weren't too happy with the cages they got from me. And he will be paid back every penny from me. I swore Neil to secrecy as to not divulge any information as to my whereabouts, and I thank him for everything. I was not trying to hide from anybody, just trying to pick myself up, brush myself off and get a fresh start in Boca Raton, Florida. Yes that is where I am, and yes, I am the sole owner of Boca Reptiles! Just to let everyone know again, all of my business transactions in the past have been fully taken care of, except for repaying Neil. I know a hand full of people have been saying alot of negative things about Alison and I. As far as the status on that situation, we have gone our separate ways, but who knows what the future holds. This is my personal business that I'm posting on this thread. In the past, Alison was the one who always responded to all of the old threads. For the second time, this is Sal Tornambene! One on one, I will personally answer ANY questions that ANYONE has in regards to my past. I'm up for the challenge! My goal is to start over and do things the RIGHT WAY. Everyone, unfortunately, will probably have something negative to say, and I am fully aware of that. I would like to personally apologize to anyone who I have unintentionally wronged in the past, and I can guarantee you that it will never happen again. If anyone has anything to say, please come forward and email me directly, or post it here. I will answer every question posed to me with the truth! Thank you.

Old 02-26-2004, 01:46 PM   #17
Ken Harbart
Sal, I'm not going to say anything negative right now, aand will refrain from any judgement in this reply.

I feel that your coming forward was a step in the right direction. There's a few other steps that you need to take if you're trying to turn over a new leaf.

First and foremost, you need to tie up any and all loose ends that you might have with your old customers. This is imperative.

Secondly, to conduct business under a ficticious name in FL, you need to file the name with the FL Department of State Division of Corporations. This can be done either online or via snail mail.

Thirdly, before you consider selling any reptiles in FL, you need to be licensed by FWC. Especially as of late, they've been sticklers about this, and have come down hard on unlicensed reptile vendors.

Old 02-26-2004, 02:06 PM   #18
Neil Gubitz
Ken.... Now that Sal has finally posted.... I can tell you that EVERY ONE of his customers who have not been happy with their caging or animals (with the POSSIBLE exception of Mark and his Ball Pythons) have been made right.... *I* have personally seen to that.... and in most cases, with my own money!.... and if Mark still does have a problem, he will be made right, too!....

Just yesterday, Sal registered his company name with the FL F&G and has deleted every ad on KS he had posted....

For the next 6-8 weeks, until all his licenses are in order (including sales tax for FL), I will be helping him sell his animals.... and, JUST FOR THE RECORD (and I've already spoke to the higher-ups at KS about this).... as long as *I* take the pictures of the animals, *I* write the copy of the ads, *I* post the ads under my company name, *I* take all the emails about the animals, *I* answer all the emails about the animals, *I* list MY phone number for the animals, *I* take all the phone calls for the animals, *I* answer all the questions about the animals, *I* put the money for the sale of those animals directly into my own bank account, and the animals that are sold are shipped to the customer under *MY* UPS number.... it is PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE TO THEIR TOS!.... No matter WHO'S animals they are!!

Sal is going to do this new business the RIGHT WAY.... and he already understands that he will probably get the same grief on this site that I have been getting.... but, it doesn't bother him as it doesn't bother me.... ask him anything you want and he will give you a truthful answer....

Neil

Old 02-26-2004, 02:41 PM   #19
Rob @ RK Reptiles
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm Didn't Kim Lange a.k.a. Kimtall just say 2 days ago that
Quote:
Sal took my money and the money of other innocent people knowing full well he would keep it and then leave town and go into hiding. He will get caught at some point and probably do jail time for all the fraud he has committed. Maybe you guys will have a cell together some day and you can remonise about all the help you gave him.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...5&pagenumber=6

Are you saying that she has been taken care of as well as ..here is the KEY Word ALL of the other people that Sal stole money from and ripped off? I would like to see them all come on here and state themselves that this is true and not just coming out of your mouth (either of you)

Also I suggest that You Neil give a little call to FWC. It is illegal for him to sell animals until he has his license even through you. There is no way around it, he MUST have his license before he can sell anything period. As I said earlier FWC is already aware of his advertising of animals without a license and are investigating it. You yourself just opened yourself up to whole new can of worms by admitting that you will be helping him to sell them as you are by Florida regulations not allowed to "purchase" animals from anyone that is not licensed. And that is exactly what you would be doing in helping him sell his animals. Better be careful as the way FWC has been cracking down you(both of you) could be in for some steep penalties.

Also as for Sal's statement
Quote:
I was not trying to hide from anybody, just trying to pick myself up, brush myself off and get a fresh start in Boca Raton, Florida.
That sir is exactly what you were doing. You moved to a new location, changed your business name, would not give any particulars to who you were, and had your "friend" conceal your whereabouts and new identities. That is concealment and hiding in all books. I am sure that the only reason you have finally come forward is the fact that a few of us did some checking and found out that you were operating illegally and the fact that the Authorities are involved now.

Old 02-26-2004, 02:51 PM   #20
sputnik
huh

Quote:
Just yesterday, Sal registered his company name with the FL F&G and has deleted every ad on KS he had posted....
Because he got caught out?

Quote:
For the next 6-8 weeks, until all his licenses are in order (including sales tax for FL), I will be helping him sell his animals.... and, JUST FOR THE RECORD (and I've already spoke to the higher-ups at KS about this).... as long as *I* take the pictures of the animals, *I* write the copy of the ads, *I* post the ads under my company name, *I* take all the emails about the animals, *I* answer all the emails about the animals, *I* list MY phone number for the animals, *I* take all the phone calls for the animals, *I* answer all the questions about the animals, *I* put the money for the sale of those animals directly into my own bank account, and the animals that are sold are shipped to the customer under *MY* UPS number.... it is PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE TO THEIR TOS!.... No matter WHO'S animals they are
Neil, you are really asking for trouble from FWC with your involvement in all this. Not only that, but Neil, you have been concealing the whereabouts of someone attempting to conduct illegal activities. You better watch your set!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!