hide box - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-07-2005, 07:57 PM   #1
stupidclauton
hide box

i just ogt my first ball python a few hours ago and eversence he got here hes just been goin around his cage and climbing but he still hasnt got in his hide box. i have 2 of them in there and he stuck his head in one then kept on goin around the cage

Old 04-08-2005, 03:36 PM   #2
sircat
it's all new to him...just give him time for now...and also some are more active

Old 04-08-2005, 05:01 PM   #3
stupidclauton
well after he never could find it, i showed it to him and he stayed in there for a while last night. i had to pick him up and put him infront of it, i think he didnt find if cuz there is some driftwood in front on the entrance

Old 04-08-2005, 06:04 PM   #4
sircat
well, mine spend the majority of the time in their hide boxes...all my snakes do actually...just 2 corns and my female bp are out more than the rest

Old 04-08-2005, 07:45 PM   #5
stupidclauton
well ive only had him for a day and ive fou dout that he likes to climb alot. the first the he did when i put him in there was climb everywhere, he has 2 places to climb and he was all in the for a few hours and then the light went out and he just layed in one of this climbing spots for a few hours and thats when i moved him to his hide box. when i got home this after noon he was climbing again and then i picked him up to show to a friend and when i put him back in there he went to his hide box and has been there for about 3 hours, i think hes real stressed

Old 04-09-2005, 04:46 PM   #6
sircat
wish new snakes...don't handle them for a week or two after you get them...make sure they eat once or twice before starting to handle them...

he probably is stressed now, getting used to a new place...so not handling him will make him less nervous...

if he stays in a hidebox, it doesn't always means he's stressed...it's just more comfortable in there...mine are usually in their hideboxes and sometimes come out at night...

you'll learn to read your snake more once you've had him for a while...my bps are really sweet...then I have a little cornsnake that's pretty nervous...lot of animals...if you want to see I have most up at www.hatchingherps.bravehost.com

I don't know how to do a signature here and writing out my list of animals each time would just take too long...

good luck, Rachel

Old 04-09-2005, 04:47 PM   #7
sircat
with, not wish

is supposed to be the first word...

Old 04-09-2005, 07:26 PM   #8
stupidclauton
well he had his first meal today, i went and got to live fuzzis (mice) and i droped the first one in there and he never saw it ( he was layin under a heat lamp) and the mouse went in his hide box. after waiting a few minutes with him not moving i picked him up and moved him to in front of his hide box and he dashed in there and curled up around it. after it finished him he stayed in his hidebox and i waited a few minutes and droped the other one in there just in front of his hide box. he mved out of the box some and just stayed right beside the mouse and was watchin us, i dont think he liked the camera cuz he tryed to bit it but did not realize we were outside of the aquarium (i was recording it cuz my moms 4th grade class wants to watch it eat). about that time the mouse started shivvering bad or was having sezziers or something and we decided to leave the room and see if he was going to eat and i went back in there about 2 or 3 minutes later and he was currled around him and i grabed my camera and took a few pictures
Attached Images

Old 04-09-2005, 07:59 PM   #9
sircat
sounds and looks good...aspen bedding would be better for him though

Old 04-09-2005, 09:42 PM   #10
stupidclauton
yea im gonna switch to aspen bedding when that runs out

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!