Bill Leverton SCAMMER beware - Page 126 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-22-2006, 06:59 PM   #1251
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeney's Serpents
I do however it could be simplified with an Ebay like system with a number that follows your name showing how many transactions and % favorables........click it and see if he or she is a good buyer and seller and 50 or characters explaining the rating.
If you will think about the details in how this would have to be implemented, I think you will understand how completely unfeasible such a system would be here. And even if it were, even with all the money that Ebay has at it's disposal to make their feedback system better and more effective, it still is not even close to being perfect, much less much better than anything else out there.

Old 12-22-2006, 07:48 PM   #1252
gmherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard
Seems Bill is going back to his wicked ways!!

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/for...4194#post464194
linky no workie

Old 12-22-2006, 09:17 PM   #1253
hhmoore
this is what Bobby was going for:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...194#post464194

Old 12-22-2006, 11:52 PM   #1254
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
If you will think about the details in how this would have to be implemented, I think you will understand how completely unfeasible such a system would be here. And even if it were, even with all the money that Ebay has at it's disposal to make their feedback system better and more effective, it still is not even close to being perfect, much less much better than anything else out there.
Rich, what about a page that can only be edited by you, that shows all the good guy/bad guy Polls? This might be simpler and you could include links to their Perspective BOI threads? It would take some time to organize, but it would be worth your time, and would save time for others!

Old 12-23-2006, 01:40 AM   #1255
Bill Stonegate
I bumped this thread to show the con man for what he is, and to help people understand how NOT to get conned.

Will he stop doing it now? Highly unlikely. People like that are sociopaths, and when one, two or seven scams are busted, they just move on to the next one, and unfortunately, they get a little smarter each time.

There are lots of Bill Levertons out there. Use common sense.

I can guarantee you he will do it again, under a different identity.

People like that can smell vulnerability like a shark can smell a drop of blood 1000 yards away.

Old 12-23-2006, 03:23 AM   #1256
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeney's Serpents
WOW.......i give up! I read the first 30 or so pages up to the point were Bill said he was a thief. I

Depends, if you viewed the thread with 40 posts per page or less, as to how much you missed.

There were many issues in this thread besides what was done to Lee.
Constantly, it is referred to by some who have still done business with Bill as nothing more than a pissing match. If you skip most of this thread and just read the beginning and the end many will agree with that assumption.

However, there were a lot of important facts that shouldn't be forgotten so easily.

Yes, Bill admitted to stealing the snake and yes, he did pay Lee after he was caught.
Also, he threaten members here with bodily harm.

Bill was caught shill bidding on his own auctions. He stated it was a legitimate business tactic to bid on his own auctions under a bogus user name.

He was banned from reptile auctions and yet was caught several times bypassing the system with multiple user names.

Bill let his friends go to bat for him here, defending him and after all the lying he did in the beginning of this thread, He blamed them and said it was their own fault for believing in him.

After all this, people still bought from him. People still wanted to trust him. Why? because he can chat well with others? Because they could get a good deal on animals that have been resold multiple times already?

Unfortunately, if anyone really wants to understand what happened here, they will have to read the whole darn thread. Pissing matches and all. The cliff notes really don't grasp the betrayal to those here who trusted him and/or called him friend.

Old 12-23-2006, 03:37 AM   #1257
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by shurkahnzz
Didn't Bill sell all of his snakes? I thought he had an ad stating he was getting out and was trying to sell all his snakes? From what I have read over time Bill made one mistake. He ended up admitting it and moving on and restored his name

I made the below post back in April. Since then he has gone out of business three more times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman
One incident?

You’re absolutely right Bill. I wouldn’t want anyone to have to sit down and read all the “crap” to get to this going out of business sale. Err, I mean staying in business trade.

So let me summarize for all.
Bill lied and stole a Boa. He (Bill) then admitted to the lie and theft making this a proven fact. Bill threatens some members over the exposure. He then apologized. Bill bided on his own auctions and said it was a legitimate business tactic. Bill has had multiple user ids here and on the auction site he is suppose to be banned from.

One instance! Ok in the new round of ads by Bill.

The other animals in the ad revised post that Chris bought from.

In the earlier ad he had up for the same animal. He had the snake at half the price and he stated in the earlier ad that he was not sure about it at all. How do you go from not knowing if the snake is what you are claiming it to be in the morning and being 100% sure by nightfall?

Let me summarize further

First- Over a year and a half ago, he states he is getting out of reptiles and offers great deals on his Boas.
Second- His back, everything is dandy.
Third- He had surgery and heath concerns he is getting out of reptiles. “Let’s deal”
Fourth- He’s back, business as usual.
Fifth- He has had a devastating fire! Everything has to go! He is out!
Sixth- Wrong again, Back again!
Seventh- Caught Stealing and biding on his own auctions.
Eighth- He is out, after the last episode he is selling everything and will be out of reptiles for good.
Ninth- Nope he is making a comeback. He is here for the long haul.
Tenth- He is now out again.
Whoops!! he is now trading, I guess he is back again.

There you go Bill! I’m glad I was able to shift through all that “Crap” for everyone so we can view this great “good guy” report. Your eleventh time in business is going to be a charm and I wish you all the luck.

Old 12-23-2006, 06:24 AM   #1258
cris78
WOW I do have to admit I did read the whole thread ( stuck in the house sick) and a person like this just amazes me. Im working really hard to get my name out there, and then theres ppl like this who make ppl less trusting. If you look at this from a psychological standpoint ppl like this dont change unless they recieve countless yrs of therapy. He is stuck in a vicious cycle of manipulation, he feels he is always the victim of circumstances of which he creates. He wont change unless he gets help.

Old 12-23-2006, 09:54 AM   #1259
shurkahnzz
Well I guess I missed a few things. Well this is a big thread and there was times that I was not online so when I did get back online and the page count was up by 15-25 I would skip a few pages. The scary thing for me is that if I did decide to purchase with it being winter would not want and could not have an animal shipped and I am only 1 hour from Ithaca,NY. So his ads appealed to me since there is no one in Syracuse who sells snakes besides the local pet store and will not buy from them. So now I am glad I decided to read more carefully.

Robert James Schneider

Old 12-23-2006, 12:26 PM   #1260
Lee Herps
Quote:
Originally Posted by airtrixx
I also had a A+ dealing with bill leverton very recently, I could have swore i made a post on the boi about it but it has vanished. And as for Lee of lees herps, I inquired about the snake he sold bill and he refuses to help anyone out. I just wanted to know the makeup of the parents of the DH ghost.
I didnt refuse any information to anyone! I dont remember you asking anything about the snake, and dont know why it would matter to you in the first place. But if you must know, He was purchased from Tony Hurt. If I remember currectly (it was a long time ago), the father was a co-dom ghost, and the mother was a Anery. Lee

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!