Sitting Target: Man Injured After Snake Attacks From Toilet Bowl - TAIPEI - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:43 PM   #1
wcreptiles
Sitting Target: Man Injured After Snake Attacks From Toilet Bowl - TAIPEI

Rat snakes can sure be a little fiesty!

Quote:
Sitting Target: Man Injured After Snake Attacks From Toilet Bowl
Monday , May 11, 2009

A Taiwanese man became a sitting target for a snake, which bit his penis as sat on the toilet at his rural home, local media reported on Monday.

"As soon as he sat down, he suddenly felt a knife-like pain and reacted instinctively by standing up," the China Times said. "When he looked down, he saw the big snake."

The 51-year-old man, from Nantou County, was under medical care with minor injuries, a director at Puli Christian Hospital said.

"As soon as he has passed the risk of infection, he can go," the director, who declined to be named, said. "A snake's mouth isn't always clean."

Local television images showed the black and yellow reptile, reportedly a species of rat snake, being uncoiled and plucked slowly from the toilet bowl.

Snakes regularly enter rural homes in Taiwan and other sub-tropical regions of Asia.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:51 PM   #2
DAND
Look before you leap, or sit in this matter.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:57 PM   #3
wyldwurm
Bet he flushes FIRST from now on

Old 05-11-2009, 02:37 PM   #4
Tiger Lilly
Hate to admit it, but I ALWAYS look first...

Old 05-12-2009, 10:12 PM   #5
Heart and Soul Reptiles
This has ALWAYS been one of my fears. My snakes would do this to me on purpose. I swear every single time one gets out on the rare occasion that it happens.. I find them in my bathroom!!
Never mind that I keep the buckets I thaw the rats in the closet(although they're disinfected, but I'm sure they can still smell something).. no, they're just out to get me lol

Old 05-12-2009, 10:43 PM   #6
Shadera
I told my husband this story. In typical Shawn fashion, he asks if rat snakes are poisonous. I tell him that no they aren't, and he says, "well, you'd still have to suck the poison out".

Old 05-14-2009, 02:48 PM   #7
lovin2act
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post
I told my husband this story. In typical Shawn fashion, he asks if rat snakes are poisonous. I tell him that no they aren't, and he says, "well, you'd still have to suck the poison out".
heh heh

Old 05-20-2009, 12:20 PM   #8
LauraB
Quote:
Look before you leap, or sit in this matter
That reminds me of my son, who was 5 at the time. My oldest and middle children were in different bathrooms early one school morning and my 5-year old evidently couldn't hold it. He went out the back door and proceeded to relieve himself outside, in the darkness.

I went into his room, didn't see him ... then heard the back doors slam. I met him in the hallway and asked "did you go outside Christopher?" "Yeah, I had to go real bad". I started to lecture (again!) about leaving the house, especially in the dark and also about using the backyard as his bathroom. He simply told me, "It's okay, I did what you tell us; look before you leak."

Old 06-02-2009, 09:00 AM   #9
Rattlesnake
Talk about having one of the worst days of your life.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!