Server outage 05/13/2018 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 05-13-2018, 04:00 PM   #1
WebSlave
Server outage 05/13/2018

From what my server guys told me, my server was under attack by hackers this morning, and it basically took down everything. Looks like they were able to mitigate the situation, however, and brought the server back online.

Sorry about that, but these things happen sometimes. Just all part of the fun in doing this sort of stuff.

Old 05-13-2018, 06:14 PM   #2
Robert Walker
Glad we are back.

Old 05-13-2018, 08:11 PM   #3
Lucille
Thank you for taking the time to straighten it all out. I wish there was a spray you could use (Hakaway?) to get rid of those stupid hacking varmints.

Old 05-13-2018, 10:57 PM   #4
hotlips
I think the brand is Hack-Off? LOL

Old 05-14-2018, 12:29 AM   #5
WebSlave
Usually this sort of thing gets me pretty uptight, but strangely enough, I didn't even have to reach for the Excedrin bottle even once. I just went outside and did some chores, figuring no sense worrying about something I can't do a darn thing about anyway.

I honestly thought the server guys were going to tell me it was a DDOS attack and they were going to just null route my server until the attack ended. And honestly, I wasn't even worried about that. Eh, I could use a break from this stuff. I haven't taken a break from the doing some kind of daily maintenance on my sites for a long, long time. So if something like this forces my sites off the net, well heck, so be it. REAL VACATION TIME!

Even DDOS attacks don't last forever, so sooner of later the sites would be back. Probably would be one heck of a lot stressful than just doing a server move!

Darn, I MUST be getting much more mellow in my old age......

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!