Mini blenders, protein shakes - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen

Notices

Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen Whats Cooking: A cooking forum designed for fauna members to share recipes and other culinary delights with each other. Bon Appetit!

Old 07-28-2014, 04:32 AM   #1
Lucille
Mini blenders, protein shakes

Athletes and dieters both have been extolling protein shakes so I decided to try them. I have an inexpensive mini blender from Oster where one can drink one's shake from the same container used as a blender. (If you drink a lot of smoothies there is a more expensive mini blender, the Bullet, but I just use the Oster for the shakes).
I use the Body Fortress brand, inexpensive at Walmart, and I chose the chocolate flavor.
I doctored it up a bit, adding some nonfat milk powder, no cal sweetener to make it a bit sweeter and some guar gum to make it thicker like an ice cream shake.
Around 200 calories per shake, and it is filling and is a great snack or small meal, especially for days when I am doing garden projects all day and don't want to make a meal. One scoop of powder, ice cubes and cold water, takes about a minute to make.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!