Bearded dragon set ups:)! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-04-2011, 05:29 PM   #1
grim27
Exclamation Bearded dragon set ups:)!

Hi there! i am planning on getting a bearded dragon in the next couple of months and i was woundering if all of you wouldnt mind to post pics of your set ups for ideas thanks!

Old 10-04-2011, 06:36 PM   #2
angie.h
Hi Jacob....here are 2 enclosures that I have housed adults in. The 50 gallon " breeder" type tank is set up in a very no - frills way, big dragons make big " messes", and the less furniture you have to clean, the better. One large basking platform will suffice, and I like newspaper for easy clean up. I house some of my juvies in a similar way, just more branches added, and for some babies I even use egg crating that can be tossed out when it gets dirty.You are probably getting a juvie, so I'm sure you'll have more cage furniture, more things to climb on,and a more interesting looking tank. My larger enclosure was made by my husband, I keep 2 females in there, and I leave their nest box in there as a basking platform, I also have the option of covering the opening when they are not using it for egg laying. I keep a large basking log and a few large rocks [ that helps to wear their nails down a bit] I'm sure you'll get a lot more ideas coming soon. Enjoy your new dragon.
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2011, 07:27 PM   #3
JeffreH
Wow, for some godforsaken reason I don't have an entire enclosure photo loaded on this computer or in my photobucket account... you can get the jist of it from a far-away view followed by a close-up of the warm end of the viv. Sorry that the picture is vertical...stare at it sideways lol!

This a custom made, 48" x 18" x 18" enclosure. I just used oak and trimmed it out and had the glass cut to the appropriate sizes. The doors slide open; non-adhesive shelf liner for substrate.

This is the warm end the enclosure; just using a MVB to provide heat and UVB and the flourescent tube is to add more overall ambient light to the enclosure.

Missing from photo(s): Salad Bowl and Beardie! He was busy brumating his life away in a baby blanket.

Excuse the bland gecko cages, they were a work-in-progress

Old 10-04-2011, 07:56 PM   #4
angie.h
That's a beautiful enclosure Jeff....I would love to add greenery to my tanks, but my guys love greens, and generally try to eat anythng green, so you really have to be careful about real or fake plants.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:05 PM   #5
JeffreH
Thanks Angie = )

I agree - You do have to be careful depending on the individual dragon; the particular silk plant I have in there is fairly sturdy and he's never made an attempt to chew on it or climb on it thankfully over the years... although I know of a couple of dragons who would have trampled it in to a pulp in a matter of days.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!