This years nicest SHTCT's - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-15-2004, 12:05 AM   #1
KelliH
This years nicest SHTCT's

Here's some of my nicest ones. All were produced by me except for the male, he's the one looking at the camera while trying to escape
He was produced by Robert Lee and he's awesome.
Attached Images

Old 10-15-2004, 12:25 AM   #2
progeckos
Thumbs up

Get the oxygen, I can’t breath!!! LOL. They have so much tangerine coloration and there all baldies to boot. I like the one with the orange spot on its belly. Simply amazing Kelli!

Old 10-15-2004, 12:51 AM   #3
shrap
Wow Kelli...very nice!!

Old 10-15-2004, 12:57 AM   #4
KelliH
Thanks, and Cody, I like the one with the orange spot as well. I am trying to hold back all that have those orange spots like that on their body or face. It is the same color as their tails and I am convinced this will be the way to produce a solid red/orange gecko, from head to tail tip. Robin got one from me a couple of years ago that has one of the orange spots on her, she named it "Spotty". :-)

Old 10-15-2004, 01:46 AM   #5
progeckos
Well Kelli it sounds like it’s a great project. All you need to do now is get Rudolf to pass that orange nose to her offspring. If there is anyone who can produce a solid orange gecko it will be you. Good luck and let us know how it progresses.

Old 10-15-2004, 03:07 AM   #6
MattP
That is so freaking cool, Kelli. You know that I have bought a few females from you........ Do you think that if I breed them all to King, and then maybe breed the babies back to him........ I can get the same stuff you have. Or will I have to work harder than that

Thanks,
Matt

Old 10-15-2004, 03:14 AM   #7
KelliH
Matt-

Breed him to the orangest females you can get your hands on. They don't have to be SHCT's either.

Old 10-15-2004, 03:33 AM   #8
geckokreeper
Thumbs up

Those are awsome leos you have there so bright and beautiful. Ive been seeing alot of people labeling some leos as carrotheads most of them have been SHTCTB with a more extreme head color than your basic SHTCTB. Would some those be considered carrotheads or is it just what the owner decides to call it? I know that carrothead albinos have been around for a while but I just in the past few months been seeing leos other than albinos called carrotheads. Anyways they are some awsome leos so beautiful. Were the leos that produced those leos as bright as they are? I would like to see someone that has pics of like 3 or more generations post pics of the parents and the children of each so we can see the ending result. It just amazes me how you can take 2 nice tangs then get hypos /SH/ CT/Baldys and so on and eventuly end up with somthing as nice as those ones you have there. I know it probably took along time to get them but it just amazes me what can eventualy come from a basic tangerine or basic anything. Keep up the good work.

Old 10-15-2004, 03:57 AM   #9
KelliH
Aaron- Yeah I noticed the carrot head label coming up a lot now as well. I don't know if those would be considered that or not. They are baldies for sure. The dad of those was really nice too, maybe not quite as nice as these but very nice nonetheless.

That's a good idea to post several generations pics to show how they have changed over the years. I'll do that.

Thanks for the kind words.

Old 10-15-2004, 04:37 AM   #10
Leo Lover
Wow! Kelli those are some awesome geckos. Too bad that I am wanting to get out of carrot tails for a while. I was getting bored with them, and I have to admit, I didn't have the kind of money to invest in a bunch of really orange geckos from anyone.

Who knows, maybe I'll get back into them in a year or 2, or even 3. I have other projects I am wanting to work on for now, and I am much happier to be working with the geckos I have this year than some carrot tails.

I am sure those geckos are going to produce KILLER babies for you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!