Wormman.com - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-05-2003, 06:18 PM   #81
Denver Tom
wormman

OK,
just got an e-mail from wormman. My order was placed on 4-21, they shipped the crix on 4-22. Don't ask me where they ended up. Wormman says they are willing to reship. I have used them many times without a problem. They're willing to go through the expense of reshipping in order to keep a customer, so I agreed. I would like to have seen the face on the person that actually got those crix. Anyway, wormman is going to take care of it the best way he can, and I appreciate it.
Thanks for reading
Denver Tom

Old 05-07-2003, 10:42 PM   #82
bubbs
wormman.com

I registered with Fauna just to be able to post about wormman.com. For all the misery I was put thru.
(Oh, if wormman tells you your order is lost, get a tracking # to make sure they really did ship it.)

I never have ordered anything before this from wormman. I would have been a new customer. They shipped me a CANCELLED order ($250 worth of crix & worms) a month after it had been cancelled. Not only did half of it show up dead, but they tried to make me pay for what the carrier did drop off (without my signature). I called immediately when this began, having to leave messages (they did not answer the phone), saying stop the shipping, what are you guys doing?

This order was cancelled before the holidays (which wormman did acknowledge cancellation at the time of). I was also told their computers where down. I in turn ordered with reptilefood.com. This was due to worman's inability to get the order out BEFORE THE HOLIDAYS without charging mega shipping bucks- by the way with REPTILEFOOD.COM i had my order BEFORE the holidays and they didn't bleed me for the shipping.

I caught wormman ACTUALLY ANSWERING THE PHONE one day, they said they would credit my acct. They credited one charge, and put more charges on thereafter. Wormman told me to refuse the next shipments they had mistakenly sent (still part of the original cancelled order). I told them that I wasn't home to refuse shipments. Carrier just left packages. Additional charges from wormman remained on the card. I still continued to call, 4 more times. This was a mistake but I still wanted to consider them as a possible supplier one day, trying to work out this situation they had created when they released the cancelled order.

Well, my credit card company stepped in, I gave visa the facts, they went to wormman to get their facts, and guess what, I finally got my credit due, from the CREDIT CARD COMPANY! What a shame huh? I go thru thousands of dollars in crix and worms. Hundreds of shipments from several other companies. I can honestly say I have never seen anything so screwed up as what wormman did to me. I feel that after this miserable experience with them, there is no excuse for how they handled this situation or their poor business manners.

I have never posted anything before bad about anyone.
But people should know about this one.

Old 05-08-2003, 12:36 PM   #83
bubbs
my apologies to the board. i am a new user. when i registered i chose my nickname bubbs as the user name and at the same time gave my full name. so the above post belongs to me, once again BUBBS, and my full name given previously is LOREEN NOVAK.

Old 07-10-2003, 07:18 PM   #84
Sybella
I just made my first order with Wormman on Monday, July 7th, in the amount 2k mealies and 1k crickets. I sent an email that day, asking when they would be shipped, when I should expect them and never got an answer. The mealworms arrived yesterday and they were fine but the crickets came today, dead. I just wrote them again to tell them that they didn't make it but decided to look here to see how I should proceed.

I read the first 2-3 pages of this thread and kind of got fed up when that guy tried to blame wormman for the death of his bearded dragons...that he starved to death! (I've been waiting for my order but have made trips every other day to PetCo for bugs for my 9 leos...it baffles me that someone else wouldn't do the same.) I also read the last page, hoping for some closure here, some summary of character.

I'll come back and tell you all how it goes...After reading this thread, I'm a little worried that there might be a hassle in replacing these dead insects. :/

Old 07-10-2003, 08:24 PM   #85
bubbs
wormman.com

sybella,
you may get lucky and get a response. as wormman.com did respond to me, but it took them 5 months later and only due to my previous posting. again, too late for me. they have poor customer service, as i am still hearing complaints from others who have used them in the past and have experienced problems with their order.

again, after reading your post, they might just respond to you.
(that way you can come back and post a good review of services against the bad posts which you already have read. see how that works? haha)

anyway, maybe you will have problems replacing the order or maybe not, but nonetheless, i strongly agree with you that a supplier is not responsible for the health or the starvation of an animal, the owner is. when a person decides to acquire a pet they should be responsible enough to meet it's needs, knowing beforehand what is required to ensure the animal a happy and healthy environment, learning as much as possible about the proper care, diet, and medical attention.

if however, a person should have to depend on one supplier, such as wormman.com, for example (and this is true for any supplier of foods, etc.) than that person should have a backup plan should something happen to a shipment of food (insects), as you do when you are running to petco. i don't think the animal who is starving to death cares about a REPLACEMENT order, LOST order, DEAD order, or even from whom or where it's crickets are coming from. it just needs it's owner to give it food, period.

because of the upcoming heat and a possible interuption of cricket shipments, i have incorporated the use of wet rep-cal bearded dragon pellets (juvie and adults) in with their greens and frozen vegetables. they may not always like what is good for them, but offering some as opposed to none will give them some familiarity with the pellets should a crisis arrive and crix are not available.

good luck,

Loreen Novak

Old 07-10-2003, 09:50 PM   #86
Sybella
Thanks for the good luck. I really hope they make things right with me...The crickets were only 15.50 but still.

I had asked in the leopard gecko room on Kingsnake for a recommended source for feeder insects for my 9 leopard geckos. I had an overwhelming response for Wormman and not a bad thing was said. I thought this would go over trouble free. :/

Old 07-11-2003, 06:02 PM   #87
Sybella
I just got a reply to my note about them arriving dead. They have apologized and said they would send a replacement on Monday the 14th. I hope this batch faires better than the last.

Old 07-12-2003, 07:24 PM   #88
Sybella
Ok...follow up time.

Ken wrote me back personally. The two of us sent messages back and forth a couple times with friendly and enjoyable leopard gecko conversation.

He said he'd send the replacement overnight because he doesn't want my leos to go hungry. So, this means, by Tuesday, I should be able to give you guys a final report.

Old 07-16-2003, 06:59 PM   #89
Sybella
Ok, here's my final follow-up post as promised.

It turned out that the mealworms were fried from the heat too but it took them a couple days to start turning black. They were dying off in masses. Within a 5 day period (Wednesday to Sunday), I had lost all but about a dozen of the 2k order.

I wrote Ken back on Sunday night, explaining what happened. He wrote me back immediately agreeing that the heat probably had killed them too and told me that he'd replace the whole order, not just the crickets as he had promised earlier.

They were supposed to be shipped out on Monday but didn't go out until Tuesday. (Miscommunication between his employees?) I got my whole order this morning and all looked great!! I didn't mind getting them a day later than expected as long as they were all alive and well...and they were! The crickets were so active, a couple of them got away from me and my cats have been chasing them down. LOL!

Now, after reading the thread here, I was really concerned that I had ordered from the wrong company. From what I gathered, it seems that many of you had had trouble with poor customer service and email response time but with me, he was prompt, curteous and even sent me a follow up note to ask me if I had received them yet. Despite losing my whole first order and having to to do it all over again, all in all, it was a good experience. If there was a prior problem with customer service, it seems to be fixed now. Maybe you guys can give it another try...?

Old 08-18-2003, 08:23 PM   #90
martyc33
My experience with Wormman.com

I ordered 3000 mealworms through wormman.com on Saturday August 9, 2003. I had ordered over the weekend to beat the heat wave that was to hit my area late in the next week. I got a notification that it was sent out on Tuesday. Here is the email.
Dear Valued Customer,

This is a courtesy e-mail informing you that your order was shipped
Tuesday, August 12th. The estimated delivery time is 2-3 days.

Thanks for choosing us! We appreciate your business.

If You have any questions or concerns please call us at 732-656-0369.

Please remember that our office hours are Monday through Thursday 10:00 am
until 5:00 pm.

Have a great day!

Jenifer
Worm Man's Worm Farm

Thursday, Friday, and Saturday came and went with my wife waiting for the postman on all days. I finally received the mealworms today. Looked at the post-mark on the box and they were shipped out of California to get to Iowa not Tuesday, but on Wednesday. It seems like wormman must think that we have nothing better to do but sit here and wait for the mailman. I don't understand sending out an email that said that they shipped on Tuesday when they didn't.

I wrote an email to them on Saturday, but no reply.

If you want a reliable business for your feeders, I would not suggest wormman.com .

Just my opinion, I only used them once, but that is enough for me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!