New to the Dragon world ! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-27-2007, 11:42 PM   #1
Stephies_Leos
Talking New to the Dragon world !

Well as you can tell I am all about Leopard Geckos. I have quite a collection of them and enjoy them thoroughly. But something happened 2 weeks ago and I was smitten with another kind of lizard. A friend and I went to the Tallahasee Repticon show and I had no intentions of buying anything except maybe some supplies. Well lucky for us Calico Dragons was set up there with bins full of lovely little babies. Long story short me and my friend were hooked by the Bearded Dragon ! lol We both brought one home with us (she is into blue tongue skinks ) and we have been giggley little school girls over our new babies ever since! So anyway I wanted to post some pics of my girl Venus and say thanks to Calico Dragons for breeding some very nice dragons.
Attached Images

Old 09-27-2007, 11:47 PM   #2
monkeywrench133
Congrats!!

That's a nice looking baby! Lots of color already!

Old 09-27-2007, 11:58 PM   #3
Stephies_Leos
OH I hope so ! Thanks !

Old 09-28-2007, 11:28 AM   #4
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

Cute baby you have there! Really nice colors, too.
If you need any help or have any setup questions, please don't hesitate to ask, ok?

Tracie

Old 09-28-2007, 11:56 AM   #5
Stephies_Leos
Don't worry I will ! I did alot of research on the set up so I got that and food also. One question I do have is she doesn't drink alot. I misted her twice a day but she just sits there and she might stick her tongue out once. I am providing her with veggies ( turnip greens and squash) so is that ok ? My friend's baby drinks every time she mists him.

Old 09-28-2007, 12:07 PM   #6
Miss Tuniwha
Congrats, and welcome to the smelly world of bearded dragons. h ha ha ha ha (yes I have a few also)

that should be quite the looker for you!!!

Old 09-28-2007, 01:16 PM   #7
Tere Salazar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephies_Leos
Don't worry I will ! I did alot of research on the set up so I got that and food also. One question I do have is she doesn't drink alot. I misted her twice a day but she just sits there and she might stick her tongue out once. I am providing her with veggies ( turnip greens and squash) so is that ok ? My friend's baby drinks every time she mists him.

Oh, my goodness. That face is darling, and the colors are AMAZING, especially for such a little one. You're going to have one very colorful adult there!

As for your baby not drinking when you're misting her, you may want to try bathing her in a sink of warm water, just up to her armpits. For whatever reason, some babies prefer to drink that way, as opposed to being misted. Oh, and if you're using cold water to mist with, that might be another reason. You might also want to try misting with warm water, if you've been using cold water.

Good luck! You've got a little beauty!

Old 09-28-2007, 01:45 PM   #8
Double LY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tuniwha
Congrats, and welcome to the smelly world of bearded dragons. h ha ha ha ha
Ain't that the truth!!! I am also a leo person who is smitten with the beardies. I am now up to three (lucky for me that they require large enclosures so I can't become too addicted )

What a pretty baby

Old 09-28-2007, 03:55 PM   #9
Stephies_Leos
Thanks alot I will try misting with warm water and see if she likes that. I did give her a bath the other day with warm water and she slept right through it ! lol Maybe it was too late in the day and I should try earlier when she is more active.

Old 09-29-2007, 10:58 PM   #10
acpart
I'm another leo person that got fascinated with dragons, especially the orangy ones. I was able to get a 4 year old adult that someone else had rescued and brought back to health. I'm really enjoying her --she went to my block party with me today and was quite a hit. She will be my only beardie because of the space requirements.

Aliza
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!