New Mexico state law issues - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > USA State Specific Issues

Notices

USA State Specific Issues Issues that are specific to a particular state, or subregion within a state, should be appended to the existing relevant thread. NEW threads cannot be created in this forum.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:19 AM   #31
Outcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj-mitchell View Post
I understand that animals can adapt to abnormal circumstances and live places they shouldnt, and was not intending this to be an insult toward any one .... That statement came from the woman that handles alot of the permit info, I believe her name is Latisha or something simmilar. I have never had any dealings with the state herpetologist and am not second guessing his judgement, he is put in a very difficult spot deciding what can be and cannot. I can assure you I would never want to be in his shoes no matter what decision you make you are going to make someone mad. I just had hopes that the people that decide on permits were better informed
Oh, I didn't mean to make that statement in a way that it could be construed as me backing up Game and Fish. I would not want to be in Charlie's shoes either. I just meant that I was going to ask him to see if he knows anything about it. It sounds like someone may have let an alligator go, when they found out that they need a permit to own them.
I believe that I have spoken to that woman before, I was looking to set up a 125 gal for some rainbow trout. Too much work right now for a college student...lol
One thing that I seem to remember reading somewhere, is that it is up to the Head of the State Game and Fish dept., to determine which of the animal species are under what category, and he/she can change it at whim. It's really upsetting if that is true, while we as citizens can probably try and push for more lenient laws, the head of the the department can go the opposite way and knee jerk reaction our ownership of the animals that we care for into oblivion.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:25 PM   #32
FlyingLeopardBalls
So I know I can import and export Ball Pythons but what about breeding? I have heard that in Albuquerque if you have more then 14 you need a permit. But if you have permits you cant breed. Is this true? And what about those of us in the surrounding area. What does NM say about breeding semi domestic reptiles?

Old 11-03-2013, 12:05 AM   #33
Outcast
Best thing to do Lucas is to get in touch with Game and Fish. They are in charge of all of that stuff. And I believe that the Herpetologist for NM Game and Fish actually lives near Albuquerque.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:11 AM   #34
dustinNMpythons
Lucas if you look at the links on page 3 of this thread it says nothing about needing a permit for any number of ball pythons but like Aaron said sometimes its best to talk to game and fish but I'd make them give you references as to where it says that in writing if it even does. If its not in writing it doesn't count.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!