Bad Guy Be aware of Georgia Cricket aka Primeium Cricket - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-08-2014, 12:47 PM   #1
sfair
Be aware of Georgia Cricket aka Primeium Cricket

Hey Guy/Gals,

Just wanted to give a review of my experience with http://www.georgiacrickets.com/. Also aka premium crickets. I have been ordering from them for almost a year. I placed a order with them on Jan 2, 2014, I requested extra heat packs and a phone call with the total.

Well they never called ( in which I was going to tell them to hold til Mon the 6th), things got busy here and I noticed that the order shipped. I anxiously waited on Sat and the order never arrived, I called Fed Ex on Sat Jan 4, and they had no idea where the package was. ON Tues Jan 7, the package arrived and everything was DEAD. 1,000 Crickets and 2,000 Superworms.

I have called Georgia Cricket 3 times and emailed them once and the response was that they were not going to do anything about it. Basically I am screwed out of $77.00.

I spoke with Fed ex twice and both times the guy I spoke with was very surprised that Georgia Cricket was not going to help and file a claim since it was Fed ex's fault for not delivering on time (that's what I was told).

Yes I know it was cold and yes maybe I should have overnighted it but from where I sit I have to make every dollar spent count and overnight ship is 60. dollars. I have always used the 2 day shipping without a problem and requested extra heat packs. My hubby's company only issues a paycheck on the last business day of the month so everything is budgeted.
I really expected this company to at least call me and help me out in some way. After I have been ordering from them for a long time and have never called them with a problem. I mean wouldn't you rather help your customer out and have them remain with your company then lose their regular business. It's not so much about the money but the lack of customer service.

Old 01-08-2014, 01:09 PM   #2
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfair View Post
Yes I know it was cold.
How cold was it? I went to their site and on the opening page there is this message in large print:

IMPORTANT: If your temperatures are below 50 degrees at night choose the winter packing . If your temperatures are 30 at night you must select Priority Overnight Shipping to get the guarantee. Any temperatures Below 30 degrees No Guarantee to any Shipments.

Old 01-08-2014, 02:14 PM   #3
rcarichter
The guy who said it was Fedex's fault probably assumed you ordered overnight shipping, as is their policy in this weather. If you didn't pay extra for Saturday delivery, then Tuesday is the day. It might not have been the best idea to rely upon them to call you, so you could instruct them to hold off the delivery you just ordered.

Noelle

Old 01-08-2014, 02:59 PM   #4
Lucille
Stacy I'm sympathetic to the high costs of overnight delivery. But especially in extreme temperatures it may in fact be the only way to safely get the crickets delivered safely. I don't know that you could justifiably expect the company to do anything here, they are pretty clear about temps and shipping.

When I was faced with bad weather and those kinds of costs, I started a mealworm colony (this was before roaches became so popular). Perhaps you could start a mealworm colony or roach farm, even just for backup, and they are very reasonable in price.

Old 01-08-2014, 03:38 PM   #5
sfair
OK I do take blame for the shipping part. But If I was selling a product and had a customer with a sim problem I would at least speak with them and offer to work something out with them. I guess I am wrong in thinking that I would rather have the customer continue to return to me for their feeders then lose them altogether. Maybe my expectations from a business that I have given my money for almost a year is too high. Just my thoughts. Yes Policy is policy and as long as all goes well your fine.

Old 01-08-2014, 03:44 PM   #6
RichsBallPythons
Well their TOS on that front page was recently altered.

Heres a screen shot from Jan 2nd 2014
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2014, 04:01 PM   #7
RichsBallPythons
ANd the newest Modify update on the site.
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2014, 04:03 PM   #8
RichsBallPythons
Last Image might not be accurate, as its relying on server time but the site was recently updated.

Old 01-08-2014, 04:11 PM   #9
rcarichter
Your night temps were sub-zero at that time, so extra heat packs wouldn't have helped. If I'm reading this all correctly, the entire situation is due to the fact that they didn't call you before they shipped. I'm don't think you have any recourse at this point.
Agreed, if it were my company, I'd do what I could to make customers happy. I would hope I wouldn't send any living thing out in negative temps. But sometimes kids are hired to ship out bugs as orders come in, not necessarily to think about it too much.
Hey Rich, I have a stupid question: How do you get a screenshot from last week? (I'm not as computer savvy as I could be). That's something that would be very useful on this forum. Thanks!

Noelle

Old 01-08-2014, 04:12 PM   #10
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarichter View Post
Your night temps were sub-zero at that time, so extra heat packs wouldn't have helped. If I'm reading this all correctly, the entire situation is due to the fact that they didn't call you before they shipped. I'm don't think you have any recourse at this point.
Agreed, if it were my company, I'd do what I could to make customers happy. I would hope I wouldn't send any living thing out in negative temps. But sometimes kids are hired to ship out bugs as orders come in, not necessarily to think about it too much.
Hey Rich, I have a stupid question: How do you get a screenshot from last week? (I'm not as computer savvy as I could be). That's something that would be very useful on this forum. Thanks!

Noelle

though online archives, as robots crawl sites, they take snapshots and are archived online via cache.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!