Anyone know of good Herp Vets in the Bayarea? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-21-2017, 06:51 PM   #1
NISMO
Anyone know of good Herp Vets in the Bayarea?

Looking for a good reputable Herp Vet in the bay area. I live near SFO Airport and prefer something within 1hr drive at most.

Just for general inspection of my current bearded dragon and a Pastel Bearded dragon I took on that I was planning on donating to someone who would like to offer it a forever home. To my shegrin, I find out after I pick up that it seems to have MBD. So I need to get it treated and nursed to health before I donate to a new home.

I'm in 94005 area code

Old 07-21-2017, 09:15 PM   #2
elena
When I lived in Berkeley, CA, my animals were treated by Dr. Harkewicz at Berkeley Dog & Cat. Despite the name, they do exotics, and could certainly handle something as routine as MBD. I'm not sure where Brisbane is, but if that is close enough to you, give them a try. Berkeley also has one of the best reptile stores in the country, The East Bay Vivarium. If you gave them a call during store hours, they'd be likely to give you a reference. Their number is (510) 841-1400

Old 07-22-2017, 12:00 AM   #3
NISMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by elena View Post
When I lived in Berkeley, CA, my animals were treated by Dr. Harkewicz at Berkeley Dog & Cat. Despite the name, they do exotics, and could certainly handle something as routine as MBD. I'm not sure where Brisbane is, but if that is close enough to you, give them a try. Berkeley also has one of the best reptile stores in the country, The East Bay Vivarium. If you gave them a call during store hours, they'd be likely to give you a reference. Their number is (510) 841-1400
Yes been to EBV. Got my German giant there before. Had to return it as it was too vicious. Tried killing the female

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Old 07-22-2017, 12:43 AM   #4
AbsoluteApril
In the East Bay as well but I highly recommend my vet, Dr. Rene Gandolfi. He specializes in exotics. Not the cheapest though.
Castro Valley Companion Animal Hospital
http://www.cvcah.com/
http://cvcah.com/meet-our-team.html

You might be able to get a recommendation for that side of the bay from someone at BAARS (Bay Area Amphibian and Reptile Society), their meetings are in Palo Alto.
http://www.baars.org/

Old 07-26-2017, 05:54 PM   #5
NISMO
Thank you both, I'll check their YELP to get more better idea, hopefully they are open on weekends as that really the only time I have.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!