Florida Passes ban. Say good bye to your ROCs - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:55 AM   #31
Immaculate_Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by brd7666 View Post
Pretty soon we won't be allowed to have grass in our yards, because it creaps over into our neighbors yard. So, I guess that is an invasive species.
Somehow this is pretty ironic considering that the most invasive species of all time that has managed to wipe out countless other species, destroy countless natural habitats and ecosystems, and continues to do so is the one passing the bill.

Old 05-03-2010, 12:31 PM   #32
Immaculate_Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immaculate_Reptiles View Post
does anyone know the laws regarding micro chipping nile monitors for ROC permit owners?
http://www.reptileclan.com/news.php?id=6

disregard...

Old 05-03-2010, 10:13 PM   #33
Cp3_Pythons
It is a VERY SAD day and thing 2 happen But like stated prior to me Maybe the state wide ban will prevent it from becomming a National Ban. On a lighter note maybe it will decrease the States revenue and tourists Then they will rethink the ban I know thats a LONGSHOT But I didnt see them inforcing the Ban after the cold took out several Burms that had transmitters in them, That and not finding any durring the new hunting season they now have. I might recive an infraction for this but it is what it is I own both Burmese Pythons and Ball Pythons and I honestly dont see me being forced out of the hobby by the Goverment (its something I fell in love with and its something I want to do I mean I abide by the rules and regulations I would rather face the prision/jail time and deal with fines and the courts) nor handing over my animals

Old 05-04-2010, 09:43 AM   #34
sallen87
Quote:
Originally Posted by brd7666 View Post
I am not trying to offend you here, but you watch to much t.v.
I'm just stating that you don't have to bend to the will of the government. Nation or statewide, I wouldn't give up your animals. I have spent many hours talking with Florida Fish and Wildlife Services officers. They all, unanimously state, that they don't have the man power to even enforce this on a small scale. The best attempt that can be made is to enforce it on pet shop owners. Although, all the shops in my area, gave up selling these animals when the ROCs were first required.

It is just a "scare tactic" that the government is employing for political reasons. In an economic crisis, people are not going to allow allocation of more funds for things they are not concerned with. So I am just saying, don't be one of the people that asks "How High?" when the government says "JUMP!"

I live in what is unfortuantely known as the "Retirement State." With a large poplutation that just bites at what the media spews out. The media spews b.s. about a snake killing a little girl, and BOOM now our pets are banned. The policiticians are just in an election year. So they jumped on this topic to say, "WE CARE ABOUT LITTLE GIRLS." The news reports b.s. about a man that died (of a heart attack) and 6 - 7 days later his nile monitors eat him because they are hungry. So politicians again jump on the band-wagon to say, "DON'T OWN A MONITOR... IT WILL DEFINATELY EAT YOU."

I'm just trying to impress on you that good common sense and science should not be thrown out because of moronic politicians. I personally believe the greatest danger to us and the environment are pesky vermon commonly called REPUBLICANS AND DEMOCRATS.

Just my rant... but seriously, think logically about the costs to enforce this law. Plus, how many random people are calling 911 saying, "OMG! My neighbor has a gigantic snake in a cage that doesn't ever cause any harm. KILL IT!!!"

Old 11-22-2010, 09:31 AM   #35
Blueberrypvp
[quote=sallen87;935955]

REPUBLICANS AND DEMOCRATS.
QUOTE]

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what's for dinner.

Liberty is the sheep with a gun protesting the vote.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:32 AM   #36
Blueberrypvp
PS my ability to quote is broken. Same sentiment.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!