Bad Guy Ed Clark, again - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:37 AM   #91
rusticreptiles
I DO want this resolved! He wants me to return the snake to him, so he can send me a male. I do not feel this is safe for either animal given my recent experience. Those that think I should ship her on back right away are as bad as he and I were for shipping in the cold weather. I DO take partial blame for having the snake shipped to me, I am fully aware NOW that is was a stupid thing to do. I have beaten myself up daily for this whole ordeal.

Why in heavens name would I send back a snake that I have put MY money into to get healthy and larger, for him to send me back another snake that may or may not be male, will most likely have parasites and who knows what else. I'm sorry but that seems idiotic.

Ed has generously offered a refund for return of the snake. Again, I declined because of the safety of the animal.

I have said that I was unwise to ship in this weather, regardless if I knew better or not. I didn't use common sense, and relied on a strangers judgement. My bad, again.
I have not once heard Ed say he was in error for shipping in the winter, why is that?

I'm siding with some of the views on here, to keep the female and either use her later on or sell her. Most have figured that the cost of a black pastel would make up for the vet bills (or most of them, not done yet!), so I will keep her for now.

If there is a way to change the "bad guy" icon, I will do so. He did try to work with me, but I feel that the resolutions were not in the best interest of the animals involved.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:55 AM   #92
ozz465
What about ed paying the vet bills? seems fair to me .

Old 01-19-2010, 11:00 AM   #93
rusticreptiles
It does to me too, I've asked him to pay half my costs ($150), have not heard back yet.
It's up to him how he wants this to end.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:03 AM   #94
ozz465
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticreptiles View Post
It does to me too, I've asked him to pay half my costs ($150), have not heard back yet.
It's up to him how he wants this to end.
Thsta seems even more than fair . i realize that the femal is worth more but that was not ure fault, mistakes happen but shipping in that kind of weather seems more responsibility on the seller than the buyer.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:39 AM   #95
rusticreptiles
Okay, I've asked Ed for a partial refund, this is what he is willing to do, seem fair?

I Think in the interest of the female's health you should keep her and not ship her back in this cold weather. I will send you a male black pastel as soon as we get a decent shipping day to you.

So what I'm saying is you keep everything that you have and I will send another black pastel to you. you will send $50.00 after you recieve the new ball python from me.

The female black pastel that you have is worth $600.00 and are hard to get at that size.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:45 AM   #96
TripleMoonsExotic
That is above and beyond fair. You just got yourself a pair of Black Pastels $350/shipped. That is beyond generous.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:46 AM   #97
Montoya
Take it

This is very much a great deal for you. His terms of service that are clearly stated in his ad only would cover the sexing mistake. Raise the female after it gets better and use it or sell it, you will still make out.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:56 AM   #98
ShiffyAME
very generous, and more than fair! i'd def. say take that with a smile on your face! way to make things more than right ed

Matt Shifflett aka shiffy420

Old 01-19-2010, 12:03 PM   #99
StrictlyExotics
I think Ed is doing the right thing by making that his offer to you. You should wisely take him up on it and be his customer for life for going above and beyond to keep his customer satisfied.

Old 01-19-2010, 12:10 PM   #100
rusticreptiles
Offer has been graciously accepted. Thank you Ed for your more than generous resolution.
And thank you to everyone that helped in some form to come to this end.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ed clark, fat frog