USARK & Reptile Nation Save 5 of 9 species from FWS Constrictor Rule! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:17 PM   #21
Keith Stambaugh
I believe we all have a greater responsibility now. The fact that an entire Nation can be subject to such a ban is absurd. I've heard all kinds of stories where people have messed up, not by name, but by activity. Meaning they either got bit, let one go, or worse, got themselves or someone else killed. HOWEVER, when do the bans stop and at what animal. The reality is, a dog, I'll bet any big bred, has caused more deaths and more money than all snakes combined. But he don't hear the government bark about that. I have just one question. Who has the education or knowledge to tell me or someone else where to start to fight the new ban and stop ones to come. We need someone of merit on our side. A movie star, professional athlete, someone in the News to help us get the word out. None of us have the money to fight by ourselves but we do collectively. IF someone can tell me where to begin. How to fight, who we can get on our side, who knows someone with a voice that everyone knows, how do we raise money and go along with USARK, to groups that agree and fight side by side. That way we have a check and balance for our own benefit. Email me with suggestions. I have a full time job and a full time hobby with Burmese. I stand the chance of losing a lot of time and investment. I have seven kids in the mix, I'd rather stand up, fight for my rights and my dreams. I need someone to help me get another association started. I can't stand the thought of not doing what I love! Help me. I need some ideas and I need some with a connection to a "voice"
Thanks Keith

Old 01-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #22
Keith Stambaugh
Guess it would help to put my email. stambaugh.keith@yahoo.com. (Yes, I see I have some typo's, and no I didn't proof the above before sending - sorry)

Old 01-18-2012, 04:29 PM   #23
Mosasaur
The problem unfortunately, has a lot to do with dealers with no sense of responsibilty beyond making the 'sale' letting people who had no business keeping them - buy them. Far too many times I have been in a store and seen someone new to reptiles being sold a Burm, a Boa, or a Retic without it being explained to them what this can mean when the snake hits adult size, in terms of housing, food and the sheer power of these animals. They didn't want to listen as it might hurt sales. Well, guess what?

Old 01-18-2012, 06:22 PM   #24
gsrept
Heres the problem everyone has the end all answer. iI you believe you have it then, as the old saying goes put up or shut up.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:21 PM   #25
rodneynboalich
has usark said anything yet. all ive really seen so far was them trying to claim a 5 out of 9 victory two days ago. even i want to know what the plan is for now. and i would really like to know how they plan to fight it.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:36 PM   #26
Mosasaur
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneynboalich View Post
has usark said anything yet. all ive really seen so far was them trying to claim a 5 out of 9 victory two days ago. even i want to know what the plan is for now. and i would really like to know how they plan to fight it.

I'm afraid it's a bit too late. Once a law is on the books it's near impossible to remove it; unless you have a huge amount of money and/or public pressure. Frankly, there aren't enough people in this country that care about it to make that happen and the enemy has ANIMAL PLANET to use as a sounding board.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:41 PM   #27
EliteReptilesSouth
What is USARK doing about it????????? or anything else in that matter??

Old 01-18-2012, 07:55 PM   #28
rodneynboalich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosasaur View Post
I'm afraid it's a bit too late. Once a law is on the books it's near impossible to remove it; unless you have a huge amount of money and/or public pressure. Frankly, there aren't enough people in this country that care about it to make that happen and the enemy has ANIMAL PLANET to use as a sounding board.
dont lose faith. its being looked into what can be done at least by the people i talk to so, trust me its not over yet

Old 01-18-2012, 10:07 PM   #29
crotalusadamanteus
I'd like to here from, as well as see the numbers, from USARK. How much of our money donated, how much spent, and for what purpose. Over the last 5 yrs even.

Is this not something that should be available to us? As well, this is something all that donated should have an interest in.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:54 PM   #30
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
I'd like to here from, as well as see the numbers, from USARK. How much of our money donated, how much spent, and for what purpose.

is this what you were looking for? (from the BOI thread)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneynboalich View Post
edit - looks like it's only 2010 though, here is 2009:
http://www.usark.org/uploads/USARK%2...-%20Actual.pdf

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!