Inquiry Ann Frank - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-09-2018, 10:23 AM   #61
snowgyre
I visited Ann Frank's Facebook page. She has posted repeatedly that she is receiving unsolicited genitalia photographs from members of the reptile community, and has been supposedly targeted by Sloan (as shown in the screenshot in my previous post).

Old 12-09-2018, 10:31 AM   #62
snowgyre
Aaaand, I hit post instead of go advanced, lemme try this again...

I visited Ann Frank's Facebook page. I've attached a screenshot. She has posted repeatedly that she is receiving unsolicited genitalia photographs from members of the reptile community, and has been supposedly targeted by Sloan (as shown in the screenshot in my previous post), which may explain her reluctance to share her real name? I realize I'm grasping at straws here.

Of interest is the $17,000 that was supposedly held up in her PayPal. This seems like an exorbitant amount of money for someone who only has inexpensive animals on her page (Mexican black kings and other colubrids, no Drymarchon and other high dollar animals I could see). Granted, the amount could've been from something else as the items in question are not listed. However, if that $17,000 was tied up due to an invalid PayPal complaint then yeah, I can see why someone wouldn't want to use it.

My impression from her page is that she is kind of...well, all over the place, emotionally and socially. I have no way of verifying her identity, although Facebook says she lives in Tuscon, Arizona, and a live video she posted earlier this year shows saguaro cacti and a typical Arizona desert, so the location may be correct.

In short, however, if you're not willing to give your real name to do business, then don't be surprised or offended if people choose not to do business with you. People need to protect themselves and if you, as the seller, are not willing or able to share your identity as an act of integrity and good faith, then don't be surprised if a buyer wants nothing to do with you and suspects you may be a scammer.
Attached Images

Old 12-09-2018, 10:32 AM   #63
Black Adder
And this is all part of the reasons I quit Facebook.
Heck I even used to be an Admin of the Drymarchon Group, which was one of the more established and least affected by internet craziness group I knew of.
But still it got too much silliness in the end.

I would not be surprised whatsoever if "Anne Frank" is Robert Sloan, Paul Weaver is a very upstanding member and all round good guy and I would tend to believe he has successfully joined the dots.

Old 12-09-2018, 10:51 AM   #64
snowgyre
Mods, I deeply apologize, I forgot to black out the cuss words above. I didn't realize how bad the one post was until I posted it and now I'm cringing. Also please forgive my typo, I meant $16,000 and not $17,000 when referring to the PayPal amount.

While Ann Frank doesn't have high dollar animals for sale, check out this latest "ad" by Robert Hilliard aka Robert Sloan. These are high dollar animals, some are illegal, and pretty much all are stolen photographs. I've also located other posts written by Robert Sloan, but the profanity is so bad I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to show, and entire messages would basically be blacked out if I censored them. Interestingly, the grammar and, ah hem, vocabulary of Ann Frank and Robert Sloan are quite similar. Even if they are different people, the business acumen and professionalism of Ann Frank is submarginal at best.

Ann Frank posted a photo of herself?...(questioned because obviously I can prove nothing of identity through Facebook) 14 minutes ago on her page with her giving the finger to the camera. The heavily cropped and censored image is below.
Attached Images

Old 12-09-2018, 10:53 AM   #65
snowgyre
And I need to stop posting before I've finished my coffee, I'm fixing mistakes only to make more. I just realized the date on the Robert Sloan ad was from 2017. Okay, I'm done, I did the data dredging for you guys, you do what you want with the information.

Old 12-09-2018, 11:32 AM   #66
charleshanklin
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
And I need to stop posting before I've finished my coffee, I'm fixing mistakes only to make more. I just realized the date on the Robert Sloan ad was from 2017. Okay, I'm done, I did the data dredging for you guys, you do what you want with the information.

Take a close look at that screen shot of PayPal from her. It’s horribly edited and photoshopped. I think that’s why it’s so blurry so she can try and hide it. Also her explanation for selling the mbk was she needed Xmas funds and that was after she claimed they released the funds. She hem changed her ad to accept trades and listed a few different things. Not everything added up for me and just seemed off base. She also talks and acts in her posts as she’s been around forever I never heard of her and was a frequent poster on several websites and very into the community.

Old 12-09-2018, 06:02 PM   #67
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurreckon View Post
I believe Cassandra is "Luci Diaboli" on Facebook.
Agreed. It doesn't take a stalker to figure that one out.

Old 12-09-2018, 06:13 PM   #68
Socratic Monologue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
Agreed. It doesn't take a stalker to figure that one out.
Even if that was easy to figure out, it is valuable information for those of us who don't frequent FB, or are not members of the groups she belongs to, but who might nonetheless encounter her there in the future. I use FB very occasionally for herp-related activities, but try to avoid it as much as possible. That handle of hers will stick in my head, and I can refer back to this thread if I need details.

Note that I'm not in the least trying to discredit your comment, Robert; I only want to point out that every little detail, even those that seem obvious, in these BOI discussions gives me a little more knowledge to be used in future dealings on the wild, wild web.

Old 12-09-2018, 06:23 PM   #69
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Monologue View Post
I only want to point out that every little detail, ... gives me a little more knowledge
100% Agreed. Kevin did a good job posting it. My "stalker" comment comes from her being so sure no one could find her on FB. Kevin did easy enough, and he is not even a stalker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnckclark90 View Post
My name is correct on here sir, though don't bother stalking me on Facebook as you can't find me unless you are friends of a friend on FB and I have already made sure we are not

Old 12-09-2018, 09:40 PM   #70
kingpinreptiles
Thats funny that Sloan is still advertising albino scarlet snakes using my pics, especially considering I had the only ones and they arent around anymore.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!