a nice surprise on memorial day - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Field Collecting/Observing

Notices

Field Collecting/Observing Sightings of herps in the wild, where-tos and how-tos, as well as photos of herps in their native environment.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2008, 05:21 PM   #1
draigen
a nice surprise on memorial day

hey guys! yeah, i rarely ever post on here but since i work graveyards now i hardly ever get to chat with anybody. here's a couple of not so nice shots of some snakies we happened upon while on a spur of the moment herping trip on monday evening. first off for those who dont me, i live way out here in the mojave desert so there are many a snake abound. which means we only had to go 10-15 minutes from our home. so we loaded up the kids and took off. about 15 minutes later we are cruising along one of the million dirt roads that crisscross the valley when i spot a little striped spiral on the side. oh goody! i practically yell at my husband to stop(just a little bit excited mind you) and happily skip back to my find.(see first pic, can't seem to figure out how to post them within the thread ) as me and my hubby are oohing and awing over the little guy i happen to glance back to where i just walked from looking at what appeared to be hundreds of little snake trails, and then about had a heart attack! no less than a foot from my footprint was a mojave green, a really REALLY GREEN mojave green!(second/third pic) so much for all those years of "watch where you step" being drilled into my head by my dad. wow! what a steve erwin moment. so once my heart stopped trying to leave my chest i whipped out the cellphone to take some pics. the little snakies didn't even so much as give us a tongue flick, they were out for the evening(it was still kinda chilly from the freak storm front we had come in) and i wished that i had grabbed my digicam, but thats the fun/frustration of having an impromtu trip i suppose. so here's the little gems, enjoy!
Attached Images